Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I sent in my application on Wednesday. I was going to post here that I didn't even get an acknowledgement, but I just found it in my junk folder. Says I will hear back in <14 days. We'll see.

So check your junk folder.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Update:

I was rejected because I did not provide a picture of my P25K membership card.

Do they not realize that we are currently unable to access our digital cards while the Amadeus transition is ongoing?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by codfather
Update:

Do they not realize that we are currently unable to access our digital cards while the Amadeus transition is ongoing?
Probably not.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander
Probably not.
Seems like they should be a little bit more informed on this given the fact that they are offering a status match promotion...

I just emailed them back detailing what I said in my post above, so now we will see what they have to say when they reply!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:11 pm

Altéa
Update:

Bearing in mind that WS launched the program on 15th Nov and AC didn't announce the Altéa implementation was a "go" until the day of implementation (18th Nov) and the internal go-nogo at AC wasn't held until the 15th (I'm currently doing consulting work at AC, so I was aware of that meeting), even then the scope of what is available and what is not during the migration was only posted on the AC website on the 18th.

WS would have needed some pretty good industrial espionage and a team of psychics to have any chance of predicting what features and functions a competitor wouldn't have available after a migration, especially since Altitude or Aeroplan wasn't part of the Altéa upgrade, only Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing have been done so far. Probably best to keep an offline copy of membership cards for times when they are needed.

Last edited by aerobod; Nov 22, 2019 at 4:17 pm
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:46 pm

So a long-term, now retired WS employee is now consulting for AC. Sounds a lot like

Originally Posted by aerobod
some pretty good industrial espionage and a team of psychics .
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:49 pm

Seems like they should be a little bit more informed on this given the fact that they are offering a status match promotion...

I just emailed them back detailing what I said in my post above, so now we will see what they have to say when they reply!
Last time around I sent a copy of the digital card and got rejected until I sent a photo of the plastic card. This time I sent the photo again, haven’t heard back yet.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith
So a long-term, now retired WS employee is now consulting for AC. Sounds a lot like

And non of the non-public info between the two will ever mix in my brain (NDAs and all that).
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:18 pm

Altéa
Bearing in mind that WS launched the program on 15th Nov and AC didn't announce the Altéa implementation was a "go" until the day of implementation (18th Nov) and the internal go-nogo at AC wasn't held until the 15th (I'm currently doing consulting work at AC, so I was aware of that meeting), even then the scope of what is available and what is not during the migration was only posted on the AC website on the 18th.

WS would have needed some pretty good industrial espionage and a team of psychics to have any chance of predicting what features and functions a competitor wouldn't have available after a migration, especially since Altitude or Aeroplan wasn't part of the Altéa upgrade, only Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing have been done so far. Probably best to keep an offline copy of membership cards for times when they are needed.
Digital cards have been unavailable in the mobile app since an update in late-September.

And given what was stated by Sopwith in the post above me, WS has no idea what is going on AT ALL...

Rejecting someone because they didn't have a physical card when they don't receive one to begin with. I feel like WS has a duty to know something as simple as this, all they have to do is check the AC Altitude tier privileges for god sakes!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:00 pm

Digital cards have been unavailable in the mobile app since an update in late-September.

And given what was stated by Sopwith in the post above me, WS has no idea what is going on AT ALL...

Rejecting someone because they didn't have a physical card when they don't receive one to begin with. I feel like WS has a duty to know something as simple as this, all they have to do is check the AC Altitude tier privileges for god sakes!
IF you can't meet the requirement:
- "A scanned copy or photo of your top-tier membership card from Altitude, VIPorter, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska Mileage Plan or British Airways Executive Club showing your name, current 2019 status valid through to a minimum December 31, 2019."

What have you provided or do you suggest that you can provide to them to prove you have current status? Obviously stating you have P25K status without some proof that it is current isn't going to fly.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:05 pm

IF you can't meet the requirement:
- "A scanned copy or photo of your top-tier membership card from Altitude, VIPorter, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska Mileage Plan or British Airways Executive Club showing your name, current 2019 status valid through to a minimum December 31, 2019."

What have you provided or do you suggest that you can provide to them to prove you have current status? Obviously stating you have P25K status without some proof that it is current isn't going to fly.
I am shocked that you would even assume I would try to do something as foolish as that...

I uploaded a screenshot of my Altitude dashboard which shows my full name and current status level with AC.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:25 pm

I am shocked that you would even assume I would try to do something as foolish as that...

I uploaded a screenshot of my Altitude dashboard which shows my full name and current status level with AC.
Not really a good verification method compared with a more complex card scan or photo which is harder to photo shop. With a web page you can just save a copy, edit the text and re-display it before taking the screen shot. I wouldn’t accept that as being good enough, either.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:32 pm

Not really a good verification method compared with a more complex card scan or photo which is harder to photo shop. With a web page you can just save a copy, edit the text and re-display it before taking the screen shot. I wouldn’t accept that as being good enough, either.
Well, with all due respect, what the heck else am I supposed to do?

No physical or digital card available in case you weren't aware

I mean if you have any better ideas for approaching this, please, please share them!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:46 pm

Well, with all due respect, what the heck else am I supposed to do?

No physical or digital card available in case you weren't aware

I mean if you have any better ideas for approaching this, please, please share them!
Not a lot of things that could be done, as WestJet probably don’t want a lot of exceptions to their process for the gains it would provide to them, the only possibilities I can think of:
- AC fixes the digital card in the app before the 15 Dec WS cutoff, or provides alternate access via the Altitude website.
- Your United status qualifies
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:49 pm

Not a lot of things that could be done, as WestJet probably don’t want a lot of exceptions to their process for the gains it would provide to them, the only possibilities I can think of:
- AC fixes the digital card in the app before the 15 Dec WS cutoff, or provides alternate access via the Altitude website.
- Your United status qualifies
I emailed them back as I mentioned above so we will see what they have to say...

I do not have UA status, I am simply a mileage plus member, unfortunately. But in saying that, a lot of my AC benefits translate to UA as they are very good to *S members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.