Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YYCfasha
Thanks - status match is done, submitted Thursday. Pretty quick.
+1
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Also submitted on Thursday and Gold today. Great speed ^
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:00 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by Shareholder
The G&M has two full pages advertising this Status Match, the first page talking about AC's benefits reduction (though not by name)...the second page outlining the status match details (as found on the web site). The battle has begun in the public realm!
How soon until AC responds to the WestJet ad with an ad of their own?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Just submitted my status match. Ever since I made Air Canada Elite status (and later E50K) seven years ago, I've only been on WestJet once. Looks like that's about to change in 2015!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
After having my cross-border flying Rouged by Air Canada - and after AC making it clear that they no longer give a hoot whether customers even fit in a seat (much less have a pleasant experience), I consider myself to have been fired as a customer by AC. This week's Altitude changes seal the deal.

In the past few months, I've used multiple airlines - no longer loyal to AC and Star Alliance - and all's been perfectly fine. With only a NEXUS card in my wallet (and no FF card or membership) I've had surprisingly good travel experiences. (And none as awful as flying Rouge even with Altitude status!)

To Westjet: thank you for the status match opportunity!! This is awesome, and the almost immediate response to my request blew me away. Unlike AC's typical 30 day turnaround to any inquiry with a form letter, my match was confirmed amazingly fast. With Gold status and with a great selection of nonstops ex YYC, I'm yours.

To my former fellow AC fliers: No, WS has no business class and the Gold status doesn't provide upgrades. But, ahem, unless you're SE status with AC, their freshly gutted Altitude program doesn't either.

And I am THRILLED with the earlier comment here by the WS company rep about their move to slimline seats! Unlike what AC has done, Westjet won't be using slimline to compress legroom. Instead, they plan to use them to improve legroom! Awesome!

My one request: the gap in the program is lack of reciprocal benefits with your partner carriers, specifically AA and DL. My travel takes me places that your partners go to, but that you don't. Are you planning to add earning ability and reciprocal benefits with your partners?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by ffsim
Maybe it's a downgrade for you.

Lounge vouchers? Don't need them -- I have an Amex Platinum.
Not to mention that same Amex Platinum will get you 10% off Westjet base fares (reported to still be alive in the Canadian Amex review thread here on FT). The discount may not benefit corporate travelers (depending on their travel booking processes), but it's still something that can deliver value to a cardholder.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
I'm submitting my Status Match today.

Darren - one question - I'm looking at moving to AA's FF program for my international travel (BA/CX/QF mainly), so if I fly on WJ but credit my points to AA do I still get the benefit of Gold on WJ?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YYCYYZ

Darren - one question - I'm looking at moving to AA's FF program for my international travel (BA/CX/QF mainly), so if I fly on WJ but credit my points to AA do I still get the benefit of Gold on WJ?
If you do so, you do not retire your $6k quota to hit Gold for 2016. **Confirmed**
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
never mind... answer was right at the top of the linked page :P

Last edited by travelmonkey05; Nov 3, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:30 pm

I'm a rookie here. I flew enough that I will qualify for AC 35k this year, but most of my travel in 2015 is going to be to YYC and the westjet Gold status would be a huge benefit for me.

When are the Altitude membership cards usually issued? AC's website seems to suggest sometime after December 31, but they give no exact date.

Do you guys think it will be possible to status match before the offer ends in January?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by WestJet
We promise we're not trying to make it hard! The yellow call-to-action button is actually just a link to an email account: [email protected]

Just email us with:

1. Your first and last name.
2. Your 9-digit WestJet ID (provided to you upon joining WestJet Rewards). If you’re not already a member you can join now.
3. A scanned copy of your membership card in the other Canadian airline's frequent flyer program showing your name and 2014 or 2015 top tier status. Or, send us a copy of a recent boarding pass from travel taken on the same airline showing your status.

Cheers,
Darren

Also, how nice of you to call me "Mr. WestJet" but I can think of 10,000 others more deserving of the title.
Darren,

My problem is that most of my recent AC flights have been credited to UA.
Will you accept those?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by YYCYYZ

That would be my question as well, but then they are just a sliver from joining OO.

I will be cross 1MM in the next. Two weeks, so will have AC *G for life. I intend to fly OO for most of my travel, but WJ would be very convenient for some direct flights for me. If they will recognize WJ G but allow me to credit to AA, they will have another customer, but I understand the difficulty of the logistics doing this.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by woohooo
I'm a rookie here. I flew enough that I will qualify for AC 35k this year, but most of my travel in 2015 is going to be to YYC and the westjet Gold status would be a huge benefit for me.

When are the Altitude membership cards usually issued? AC's website seems to suggest sometime after December 31, but they give no exact date.

Do you guys think it will be possible to status match before the offer ends in January?
Cant comment on status match rules but AC elite cards (with the exception of the change over year when everything was a disaster - I didnt get my card until late March) typically comes between late January and mid February; the card is valid from March 1 to Feb 28 so AC don't usually send them out early.

Exceptions: If you early qualify for new "higher" status pre Oct 1, then you get early qualificaiton package immediately. If you have qualified for SE already (since you will not gain a higher status), you may get it early - some claimed to have received it as early as the last week of December. For 35k, my personal experience as a E75k is that you are not going to see it until the regular delivery dates of February.

Suggestion: WS is allowing match as long as BP shows status, qualify for E35k then send in a BP instead of the card. Been a long time since I was 25k, WS only requires 25k so if your BP show prestige 25k, send that in.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriot Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ffsim
Also submitted on Thursday and Gold today. Great speed ^
Submitted Wednesday, still nothing. Just inquired again and received the automated response about waiting 30 days.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by shareski
Submitted Wednesday, still nothing. Just inquired again and received the automated response about waiting 30 days.
Just to be clear, I didn't receive a confirmation email... I logged into my account and noticed that I had achieved Gold Tier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.