Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:28 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by iang000
US is USeless. I booked an award ticket on partner airlines this afternoon (because their worthless airlines don't fly anywhere people need to go). The agent picked out the flights for me at first but I already knew what I wanted in advance because I checked with the partner sites for available FF seats. Finally after back and forth discussions I got most of the flights I wanted except for the first one which was a UA flight. The agent gave me an earlier flight which left me 6 hours and 42 minutes waiting in the terminal instead of just 1 hour and 52 minutes. At first I just decided to leave it alone .....
Why did you decide to "leave it alone" when you knew right then and there you had a more desirable flight?? This rant makes no sense when you had the power to do it right the first time. I'm also not sure I agree that US doesn't go places people want to go.

US does allow full cancelation of revenue tickets within 24 hours of purchase. This is not the case with award tickets, although on a recent US itinerary I was able to make a flight time change within 24 hours with no charge. But that trip was all on US metal, and to a place I wanted to go. Go figure....
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: SPG Plat, US *G, Marriott Gold, AirTran Elite
No upgrade list?

Im sitting on my 47th segment this year, and once again, no upgrade. Ive gotten one this year on an empty 6AM DCA-CLT. Is there a secrect handshake?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:25 am

Seats changed again!

Last edited by Albasmom; Aug 25, 2012 at 5:35 pm
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Yeah, there are a few complainers, but many of us are quite happy with US. Maybe you should try another carrier since they would never do this kind of thing. And enjoy your flight in F to Hawaii!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Albasmom
4. What happens if they shuffle us again day before flight and there are no longer 3 seats together to shuffle back to?
Well, I think, this case you won't survive...
But I am sure, three stand-by passengers will be greatful for your 3 seats, even if in 3 different rows!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Um, I'm more sympathetic ... empathetic, really, given that earlier in the summer I had two non-plane-switch mysterious seat switches. (None since, thankfully.) I mean, one of the things I enjoy about having some status on US -- the reason I have quit flying UA and DL, in fact -- is that I can get a seat I like under the system. When they get moved arbitrarily (and don't get me started about when an FA starts moving us around in steerage on a TA, to accommodate someone with a busted AVOD), it's annoying. And I'm quite happy with US.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by CMH1k
Just experienced my first US Air flights in a long time and the bad memories came flooding back.

Delayed both ways from CMH to MIA through CLT, door slammed in my face after 30 gate sprints- twice.

Misinformation from 3 different gate agents, resulting in a missed connection.

Computer automatically rebooking me to a later connecting flight and canceling my original seat resulting in a big argument at the gate to get my seat back when I made this leg.

25 minute delay from one late flight attendant who slowly strolled up to the gate without any sense of urgency at all. Turns out this delay made 40 passengers miss their connections.

First class seats with less leg room than most coach sections.

No meal on a 2 1/2 hour 7:30 am flight. Snack offered was potato chips.

Pilot deciding to not allow us to deplane due to lightning in the area (far, far away based on my weather radar map on my phone) while other planes busily went about their business and the Tarmac was scattered with other workers.

Mostly, my big issue is the lack of communication between the arriving gates and the connecting gates. Was told plane was waiting for us in one case, got to gate it was gone. Another leg was told they were gone, went to gate, got on no problem due to a delay.

Back to UA next week.
Wow, next time, tell them you have the RIGHT weather on your phone!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:15 pm
wcj

I'm not ranting, but this little gem may bring a smile to the next person in this thread. Whole plane is boarded and sitting for 30 minutes. Pillot sheepishly advises that the plane was waiting because for the first time in 38 years of flying, he could not find his identification! Apparently, he had left at the hotel.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:22 am

need heip....advice

Just got an e-mail this AM from US changing my reservation for the same flights to a day earlier. IND to AUA. this January. I already have my hotel booked and didn't want to stay an extra day. I have had changes before, but not by an extra day and then on the same flights. Is this normal? Could it be a glitch? I have not confirmed the reservation changes yet and haven't called customer service. Just wanted to see what my options were from the seasoned vets on the board. This is an award flight if that makes a difference. TYIA......Jethro
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
They put the photo of AirForce One arriving at CLT up on the US Airways facebook page....

Now my FB feed is filled with even more political, "vote for ________" BS. Can of worms much, US? I respect the rules and purpose of the FT community and will not discuss my political views here... but I will say that I can't wait for this election cycle to be finished, I'm sick of the crap on both sides of the asile.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by jethro
Just got an e-mail this AM from US changing my reservation for the same flights to a day earlier. IND to AUA. this January. I already have my hotel booked and didn't want to stay an extra day. I have had changes before, but not by an extra day and then on the same flights. Is this normal? Could it be a glitch? I have not confirmed the reservation changes yet and haven't called customer service. Just wanted to see what my options were from the seasoned vets on the board. This is an award flight if that makes a difference. TYIA......Jethro
You have a lot of options -- everything but what you wanted originally. Call them and see what they can do to get you back on the day that you prefer. Everything is now open for negotiation, up to and including you deciding not to take the trip at all. Even if that is not an option for you, it is something that US will be aware of. Just don't hit the confirm button!
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
You have a lot of options -- everything but what you wanted originally. Call them and see what they can do to get you back on the day that you prefer. Everything is now open for negotiation, up to and including you deciding not to take the trip at all. Even if that is not an option for you, it is something that US will be aware of. Just don't hit the confirm button!

Thanks for the reply Biggie..........You are suggesting I call a CSR at US and "ask" for other options and then make a decision based on the change or would I be better off "telling" them this is unacceptable and asking for additional options? I can make the additional day work but didn't want a 6 day vaca in Aruba. I have a little one at home and that is more important to us right now. Again, I must ask are changes this drastic on confirmed reservations the norm with US and other carriers or is this of the highly unusual category?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 5:12 pm

I'm assuming that one or more flights on the day you originally booked got cancelled. At this point, US scrambles. Their preference is something simple, like just moving you to the same flight on another day.

You start by saying, "Gee I just noticed that ... Unfortunately, that's not going to work for me."

At that point, you can go whichever way you want, as in "Aren't there any alternative flights or routings that day?" or if you know of something in particular, you can suggest that. I don't know which day you were flying, and whether you were going back through PHL or through CLT, but you might want to check to see if the other flight is available on your day.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by jethro
Thanks for the reply Biggie..........You are suggesting I call a CSR at US and "ask" for other options and then make a decision based on the change or would I be better off "telling" them this is unacceptable and asking for additional options? I can make the additional day work but didn't want a 6 day vaca in Aruba. I have a little one at home and that is more important to us right now. Again, I must ask are changes this drastic on confirmed reservations the norm with US and other carriers or is this of the highly unusual category?
It usually ends better if you know the possible options ahead of time. Knowledge = power when you have to juggle flights. Some agents will look hard for options, others either aren't smart enough or won't put the effort in. Plug your cities and date into flightstats and see what pops up. If they bagged the AUA flight, look at the other hub. If they bagged IND, or changed the IND schedule to the point where the system says the layover is too long, you could ask them to be put on a flight between the hubs, then home, or say you're willing to kill a few hours in the hub and take the later connection. You could also ask for another *A airline, which they might do, anything outside *A will likely get a no.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:14 pm

Thanks for the help.......The problem date is January 8th. Originally scheduled IND-CLT-AUA flights #3303 and #876. Looks like the second leg got bagged for this Tuesday and I was moved back to Monday. Booked Envy/Business class. A quick check on UA search didn't show anything close to the 6.5 hour trip time on 1/8. I also looked for availability with departure from SDF and CVG (just as close to home) with no luck. Am I missing anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.