FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:26 pm
Lulu2yuyu

Originally Posted by CMH1k
Just experienced my first US Air flights in a long time and the bad memories came flooding back.

Delayed both ways from CMH to MIA through CLT, door slammed in my face after 30 gate sprints- twice.

Misinformation from 3 different gate agents, resulting in a missed connection.

Computer automatically rebooking me to a later connecting flight and canceling my original seat resulting in a big argument at the gate to get my seat back when I made this leg.

25 minute delay from one late flight attendant who slowly strolled up to the gate without any sense of urgency at all. Turns out this delay made 40 passengers miss their connections.

First class seats with less leg room than most coach sections.

No meal on a 2 1/2 hour 7:30 am flight. Snack offered was potato chips.

Pilot deciding to not allow us to deplane due to lightning in the area (far, far away based on my weather radar map on my phone) while other planes busily went about their business and the Tarmac was scattered with other workers.

Mostly, my big issue is the lack of communication between the arriving gates and the connecting gates. Was told plane was waiting for us in one case, got to gate it was gone. Another leg was told they were gone, went to gate, got on no problem due to a delay.

Back to UA next week.
Wow, next time, tell them you have the RIGHT weather on your phone!