FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")
Old Sep 6, 2012, 5:47 pm
LowlyDLsilver

Originally Posted by jethro
Thanks for the reply Biggie..........You are suggesting I call a CSR at US and "ask" for other options and then make a decision based on the change or would I be better off "telling" them this is unacceptable and asking for additional options? I can make the additional day work but didn't want a 6 day vaca in Aruba. I have a little one at home and that is more important to us right now. Again, I must ask are changes this drastic on confirmed reservations the norm with US and other carriers or is this of the highly unusual category?
It usually ends better if you know the possible options ahead of time. Knowledge = power when you have to juggle flights. Some agents will look hard for options, others either aren't smart enough or won't put the effort in. Plug your cities and date into flightstats and see what pops up. If they bagged the AUA flight, look at the other hub. If they bagged IND, or changed the IND schedule to the point where the system says the layover is too long, you could ask them to be put on a flight between the hubs, then home, or say you're willing to kill a few hours in the hub and take the later connection. You could also ask for another *A airline, which they might do, anything outside *A will likely get a no.