Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 2:34 am

Programs: US Airways
Originally Posted by 149113
Same on this end. Just the base miles posting. For me that's about 21,000 miles not posted.
same here guys.. although my receipts show the miles.. guess we are going to have to fight for these.
Old May 27, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Same here. Closeout receipt shows credit for 3,289 miles (May 2 rental). Only 289 miles posted about a week later...
Old May 28, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
I got an Avis rep to resubmit the miles for 7 past rentals to US. I have done that in the past and it seemed to push things along albeit slowly. We'll see what happens.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I got an Avis rep to resubmit the miles for 7 past rentals to US. I have done that in the past and it seemed to push things along albeit slowly. We'll see what happens.
I requested the same thing about 2 weeks ago. So far, they still haven't posted. Did yours actual post?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by beofotch
I requested the same thing about 2 weeks ago. So far, they still haven't posted. Did yours actual post?
The base miles posted on the normal cycle but none of the bonus miles.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
I havent had a bonus post since March... Which is interesting. Thats when the original code expired. I wonder if something isnt set right in their systems...
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:51 pm

Unhappy I have stopped renting AVIS car

I had two rentals with AVIS and used this promotion code last months. But I only got base miles. I'm not sure if I have to wait for 90 days to get the bonus miles. But I'm unhappy about the way AVIS posts the bonus miles. So this week, I have decided not to take AVIS until I see the bonus miles posted in my US Airways account.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bfhu
I had two rentals with AVIS and used this promotion code last months. But I only got base miles. I'm not sure if I have to wait for 90 days to get the bonus miles. But I'm unhappy about the way AVIS posts the bonus miles. So this week, I have decided not to take AVIS until I see the bonus miles posted in my US Airways account.
Good move. I am in the same boat. I think I will do the same thing starting now.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:54 pm

I was on the phone with Avis agent today during lunch to explain that I have not gotten any bonus miles in the past 3 months. That's the second call in a month. For me that's now about 33k in miles. The agent took down everything and will forward to their partner rewards department. They will then be in touch via email. I think that's the best we hope to do.

FWIW, he confirmed that the offer was extended through 2013 and nothing on their side indicates otherwise. Can anyone confirm that the offer is still listed on the US side? I was unable to find it.

Last edited by 149113; Jun 14, 2012 at 2:18 pm
Old Jun 16, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Can anyone confirm that the offer is still listed on the US side? I was unable to find it.
It doesnt appear on the Gold preferred page anymore.

Its posted on the avis site still, though:
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...rpreferred2011
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I just made an inquiry with US Air about this. Here is what I wrote, and below their response:

What I wrote last week:

Since January, I have participated each week in an Avis US
Airways promotion. If you make a 3 day rental with Avis, you get 3,000
bonus US Airways miles. From January until March, I did this each week,
and each week my US Airways account would credit me with 3,000 bonus
miles 7-10 days after the rental. However, since April, none of the
bonus miles have posted. My Avis receipts indicate the bonus miles, but
US Airways is only crediting me for the normal rental miles and not the
bonus 3,000 miles! I have attached the 8 receipts which demonstrate
this (?See travel partner points posted in the bottom right of each
receipt?). Please note that the first two in April show only 1,000
bonus miles, not 3,000 bonus miles which is a glitch from Avis (After
April the coupon code for 3,000 bonus miles was deactivated even the
promotion goes until December). In total, US Airways is in arrears
24,000 bonus miles that haven?t posted yet (8 qualifying rentals x
3,000 bonus miles per rental).
Their Response today:

The Avis preferred offer ended on March 31,2012.
So i responded with a screenshot of the link showing it is valid until February 28, 2013.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I also have stopped using avis. I had two rentals since March where only base miles posted. I received one of the avis surveys and let them know I won't be renting from them again until such time as they post missing miles and fix the issue go forward.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I am sorry to hear about them reneging. Other options:

Just for what it's worth, and with one foot off-topic, I continue to get the Club Carlson (Radisson etc. hotels) 9,000 and 6,000 points for 3- and 2-day rentals, respectively. The 9,000 is worth a free night at some of their hotels, and these are also an easy way to pick up enough points to use for some good cash + points rates.

[I have no connection with CC or Avis.]
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by Firewind
I am sorry to hear about them reneging. Other options:

Just for what it's worth, and with one foot off-topic, I continue to get the Club Carlson (Radisson etc. hotels) 9,000 and 6,000 points for 3- and 2-day rentals, respectively. The 9,000 is worth a free night at some of their hotels, and these are also an easy way to pick up enough points to use for some good cash + points rates.

[I have no connection with CC or Avis.]

What is the coupon# for earning those bonus
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
What is the coupon# for earning those bonus

MUHA015
and MUHA063

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000

http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/4033154

There is discussion over on the Club Carlson board.

Last edited by Firewind; Jun 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.