Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:15 pm
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
It worked for me in ROC last week.

-J
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan
Does anyone have any data points about trying to this offer at non-airport locations?
When I try to use the code at my local Avis location I get the message:

"This station does not participate. Valid at Coolangatta Airport, Nerang and Surfers Paradise, Australia only."

Right now I'm leaving the coupon code attached to the reservation because it doesn't say airport locations only in the T&Cs. But if it is useless I will use the regular 500 mile coupon code.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:17 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FromORF2BDA
Does anyone have any data points about trying to this offer at non-airport locations?
When I try to use the code at my local Avis location I get the message:

"This station does not participate. Valid at Coolangatta Airport, Nerang and Surfers Paradise, Australia only."

Right now I'm leaving the coupon code attached to the reservation because it doesn't say airport locations only in the T&Cs. But if it is useless I will use the regular 500 mile coupon code.
Its not in the T&Cs of the coupon because collecting FF miles on your AVIS rentals is limited to Airport Locations in the first place. You won't even get regular FF credit if you rent from a non-airport location.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Evan!
Thanks for the information Evan. I hope it will help some people out in the future.

My own story did not turn out so well (some of this is repeated from an earlier post - just more detail). I booked my three day rental in COS from the US Airways site and I know that the coupon and bonus code and FF number were in the original reservation.

The reservation was screwed up from the get go - a three day reservation was made - but it only showed as a one day when I arrived at the airport. This was fixed at the airport.
The agent at the airport manually added my FF number and the coupon code - both missing from the reservation. I did as you had suggested - carried a copy of the Bonus information and the codes. Because he did this in front of me, I know he put it in there. He turned the screen to show me.
Avis later refused to award the bonus miles because they maintain the code was not in the reservation at the time of booking.

And, in fact, when I printed the receipt from the internet when I returned home... voila! The coupon code was missing again.

I think Avis has this down to a science (i.e. not awarding miles) because I no sooner called about it (after eight weeks) than I received a letter in the mail the very next day reiterating why they would not award the bonus miles.

Needless to say, I hope I do not have to rent from Avis again.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Its not in the T&Cs of the coupon because collecting FF miles on your AVIS rentals is limited to Airport Locations in the first place. You won't even get regular FF credit if you rent from a non-airport location.
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know that. I'll have to see if I can find another coupon code that will actually help me save some money then.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: US Airways
Thumbs up SYR worked for the 3,000 bonus

Hi, Thanks for the tip. I rec'd the 3,000 bonus points for a 3 day rental at Syracuse, NY on 7/25/2011 and US Airways posted the points on my account on Aug 4, 2011.

Good luck and please post the cities...
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Worked in Columbia SC (CAE) in July.

Will a rental of 2 days 21 hours qualify?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Worked in Florence SC (FLO) in August for a rental of 2 days and 21 hours
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
i just got an AVIS reservation using the coupon code that will gave me 3000 DM points but i do not see any place to add the DM frequent flyer number. do i need to call them. i want to make sure i get the hit and the 3000 DM miles.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Anyone know if this has been extended beyond 31Mar2012 to earn 3000 extra US Dividend Miles?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Got my new US Preferred packet with card in the mail this weekend.

Avis code (and Avis as whole) is not on the back of the card. Just National.

Not looking good

If it this goes I will really miss it. As a mainly east coast segment flyer, I often earned more miles with this rental code than I did on my actual flights!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
This was announced today. Not as good as in previous years, but its something:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
•From January 1, 2011, through March 31, 2012, Dividend Miles Preferred Members can earn 3000 bonus miles on qualifying rentals at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
•Rent for 3 days or more and receive 3000 bonus miles when you use Coupon # MUAA044.
•Provide your Dividend Miles number when making your reservation. This offer is in addition to your everyday savings of up to 25% when you use Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) # K024300.

I get the following from the US site. I happen to have an Avis car this week under these codes - so we'll see what actually happens.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
I will definitely miss the 3,000 promo and I'm sad seeing it go away. I have racked up 120k since July 2010 when I start using it.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by airgator
•From January 1, 2011, through March 31, 2012, Dividend Miles Preferred Members can earn 3000 bonus miles on qualifying rentals at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
•Rent for 3 days or more and receive 3000 bonus miles when you use Coupon # MUAA044.
Yes, this is the offer that is mentioned at the start of this thread.

We are all looking for what happens AFTER 3/31/2012....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.