Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Just talked to Avis and was also able to use MUAA044 for the 3+day rental. This is a great offer and I'm glad they've decided to extend it.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: US Airways
Worked for me too.. also my miles from last month posted.. takes a little bit.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Mine worked as well for a rental at PIT. Props to the folks that got this reinstated.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I should probably ask this in United or Avis forum but since this is the only thread I found, I thought I'd try it here first.
Would this code get 3000 for United? My Avis receipt shows only 300 points. My co-worker is US Airways, last week he got 300 but this week he got 3100 ish. Maybe the first rental is only 300 for some odd reason?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I used this code for a rental in January and my miles have yet to post. I contacted Avis twice since and they said to allow 60 days. Well, it has been >90 days.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by PromoGoogler
I should probably ask this in United or Avis forum but since this is the only thread I found, I thought I'd try it here first.
Would this code get 3000 for United? My Avis receipt shows only 300 points. My co-worker is US Airways, last week he got 300 but this week he got 3100 ish. Maybe the first rental is only 300 for some odd reason?
This is a USAirways promo - it has nothing to do with United. They are two completely separate airlines.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bkafrick
This is a USAirways promo - it has nothing to do with United. They are two completely separate airlines.
I used to get 3000 miles back in 2009 or 2010 on United, that's why I was curious. You're probably right that this one might be US Air only.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
how long does it take to receive miles?

hi there
first time renting a car from AVIS, i just did 3 days rental using usairways 3000 miles promo on the 22nd. Any idea when will be post to my account? is it really 60 days???? national / alamo only takes about a week .
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
hi there
first time renting a car from AVIS, i just did 3 days rental using usairways 3000 miles promo on the 22nd. Any idea when will be post to my account? is it really 60 days???? national / alamo only takes about a week .
Yup. I am still waiting for a posting from January and I have emailed them twice to remind them.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
hi there
The answer is no. AVIS miles post typically within the week. The bonus 3000 miles will post separately and those often take two weeks.

Originally Posted by apeortdz
Yup. I am still waiting for a posting from January and I have emailed them twice to remind them.
Sorry buddy, but you're out of luck. You won't see those miles ever, and good luck trying to get them. AVIS will blame US; US will blame AVIS. Its not worth the fight. If they havent posted by now, you'll never see them.
Old May 2, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bkafrick
The answer is no. AVIS miles post typically within the week. The bonus 3000 miles will post separately and those often take two weeks.

Sorry buddy, but you're out of luck. You won't see those miles ever, and good luck trying to get them. AVIS will blame US; US will blame AVIS. Its not worth the fight. If they havent posted by now, you'll never see them.

I just talked to customer service, and they said i have to wait up to 90 days to get miles on my us airways account. REAlly? It has been over 3 weeks now, i guess i will just skip this promo, and give my business back to national.
Old May 22, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I received within one week all my 3k bonuses during Jan - Mar. Since April 1 - I have not received any bonus points posting for elligible April and May rentals.
Old May 22, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beofotch
I received within one week all my 3k bonuses during Jan - Mar. Since April 1 - I have not received any bonus points posting for elligible April and May rentals.
Same here, no 3,000 miles postings for April and May.
Old May 26, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by heffa
Same here, no 3,000 miles postings for April and May.
Sad I am not the only one to have this problem. Has anyone tried going through US or Avis customer care regarding the miles not posting?
Old May 26, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Originally Posted by beofotch
Same on this end. Just the base miles posting. For me that's about 21,000 miles not posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.