Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: US PP, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Dia, ICH Plat
PVD

worked for PVD this past weekend. Receipt shows total miles @ 3078. Not bad for a 3 day rental. Also used AWD K024300 with coupon MUAA044 for a total of $68. for the 3 days.

Foy
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by foysrus
worked for PVD this past weekend. Receipt shows total miles @ 3078. Not bad for a 3 day rental. Also used AWD K024300 with coupon MUAA044 for a total of $68. for the 3 days.

Foy
Very good. The only drawback for this promo is the base miles. With CO and AA their current 3K promos, for a week, give a total of 3,500 miles. For a 3-day rental it's 3,150. For US the amount of miles is based on $ spent on the rate and not a standard 50/day up to 500/rental.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
This offer has been extended to March 31, 2012^. However I can't find the link that I followed on the US site. Anyone else have it?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dan6681
This offer has been extended to March 31, 2012^. However I can't find the link that I followed on the US site. Anyone else have it?
Since this promo was supposedly (from the start) for Preferred members only perhaps only Preferred can see it on the US site. Have you looked while logged in?

The avis.com link still shows March 31, 2011.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
Since this promo was supposedly (from the start) for Preferred members only perhaps only Preferred can see it on the US site. Have you looked while logged in?

The avis.com link still shows March 31, 2011.
Yes, I was logged in when I got to the page. The AWD and Coupon codes were the same. Now all I can bring up is a 500 mile promo for global rentals. Perhaps I am going crazy . If I see it again I will note the url and post it here.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:09 pm

Found it
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dan6681
Great job Dan! This is great!

I'll ask the mods to re-name the thread title (this would be the second time ).
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
In addition to the locations on the list, the promo works fine at IAD and CVG.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
So far, everyone posting here is American. I was wondering if any UK/International people have been able to get this coupon code in? Avis isn't the cheapest at LAX, Alamo or Hertz are cheaper for my dates but I would pay a few extra $ to get the 3000 miles.

I have a 3 day rental from LAX in May that would qualify but I need to book on the UK site to get the rate with insurance included as I live in Australia and would not otherwise be covered by my own car insurance and I am not sure about credit card insurances. I do have some USA credit cards (PC Visa, AA Visa & MC, US MC) but I have an Australian driver's license so that may invalidate USA credit card coverage. Aussie credit cards don't offer this benefit.

The UK Avis site allows the AWD code to be entered but I can't find any place to enter the coupon code to get the 3000 miles. Can any UK/international people help?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I am a frequent flier but not a frequent car renter. I did the Avis 3000 mile deal last weekend (returned on 17Jan). When would I expect my regular and bonus US miles to post?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apeortdz
I am a frequent flier but not a frequent car renter. I did the Avis 3000 mile deal last weekend (returned on 17Jan). When would I expect my regular and bonus US miles to post?
From my experience (recently) 12 to 20 days from the day the rental started. Did your receipt accurately reflect the 3K bonus? It should show up at the bottom of the tape receipt if you returned in the garage and the attendant used a hand held device. If you returned at the counter then the FF miles should show up in the upper left corner.

If you have the e-receipt that is emailed to you after the rental is completed, you should see a section below price summary like this:
**CONCESSION RECOVERY FEE
CUST. FAC. FEE
ENERGY RECOVERY FEE
STATE SURCHARGE
TIRE BATT. SURCH.
VEH LIC. REC. FEE
FF MLS/PNTS EARNED 1100
If you do not see a number in the 3K+ range then you need to contact Avis by phone or email as to why the miles are not accurately reflected on your receipt. Make sure you let them know that you are not asking about the miles posting to your US account otherwise the rep will say "wait 6 to 8 weeks". Let them know your receipt is not accurate (if that be the case).
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:20 am

Thank you for the answer. Aaaugh! I realize now that I rented for 2d+1h so I won't get the bonus miles. Like I said before - I am not a frequent car renter.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apeortdz
Thank you for the answer. Aaaugh! I realize now that I rented for 2d+1h so I won't get the bonus miles. Like I said before - I am not a frequent car renter.
Which means you might have been charged for three days which would make the rental qualify for the bonus. Did you check your receipt?

I'd fight this. If you pay for three days then you should be able to collect on a promotion that requires a 3-day minimum. I have fought this before with Avis and won.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Glad to hear it has been extended!

I am getting 6,000 miles a week M-Th & F-Su

Almost as good as the 7,500/wk I was getting with DL 2 years ago.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:38 pm

Unfortunately they just charged me for the hour (which was about $5 less than the full day) so no leverage there. I should have delayed the return by another hour - it would have cost me $5 but I would have gotten 3000 miles. Works out to 1/6 cent per mile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.