Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Unfortunately they just charged me for the hour (which was about $5 less than the full day) so no leverage there. I should have delayed the return by another hour - it would have cost me $5 but I would have gotten 3000 miles. Works out to 1/6 cent per mile.
That is unfortunate especially at how high the one hour rate is.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Great news on the extension to 2012!^

FYI...

Miles just posted for a rental @ LIT last week.

Doing a 5 day rental next week with pick up and return @ different airports (BHM & PNS). The coupon was accepted during booking, but can anyone confirm this type of rental is bonus miles eligible?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:05 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Yes, I have done it many times
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Dan6681
This offer has been extended to March 31, 2012^. However I can't find the link that I followed on the US site. Anyone else have it?
What is the sages' view of how Avis and US interface, and their reliability as far as honoring the promo expiry date? I am always skeptical when I see such a long term, after DL and Budget (or which one of them?) shortened a partner promo they sponsored after it started. The economic backdrop can change substantially over 24 months. They may need us less or more. Especially, has Avis done this in recent years? Or is it a common thing? Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Worked at TVC & PIT in 2011
Old May 13, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: Free Agent
Has anyone tried to use this lately? It's still on their promotion site, though obviously March 31 has passed.
Old May 13, 2011, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by PBIGuy
Has anyone tried to use this lately? It's still on their promotion site, though obviously March 31 has passed.
March 31, 2011 has indeed passed. But March 31, 2012 has not . Perhaps US had not updated the expiration date to 2012 on their own site. But it has been updated on the Avis site. I've never seen this promo on the US site. I have to assume it's because I'm not Preferred. Yet I have never had any problem getting the 3K bonus.

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...rpreferred2011

Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Evan!
March 31, 2011 has indeed passed. But March 31, 2012 has not . Perhaps US had not updated the expiration date to 2012 on their own site. But it has been updated on the Avis site. I've never seen this promo on the US site. I have to assume it's because I'm not Preferred. Yet I have never had any problem getting the 3K bonus.
March 31 did indeed pass and it's still not 2012, but since that date I haven't gotten any 3,000 miles credited on my US Airways account. The AVIS folio states that I got 3,138+ miles, but only the 138 miles part shows up on US Airways.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
I rented a car for three days in COS in April. When I got to the airport, the agent and I realized that the rental reservation had been made for only one day (even though I chose 3). We also noticed that my DM number nor the Coupon Code had been added to the reservation. So he very nicely went in and added both to the reservation at that time. As all of this took about 45 minutes, I believe he 'upgraded' my car for me.

At any rate, the only thing that has posted to my account are the base miles. I have called several times, and managed to get someone on the phone again today who basically told me "Tough.... no miles.' The reason? Because the code was not on the 'original' reservation, they would not honor it. I made this reservation on-line through the US Airways site which was then directed to the Avis site.

I think this is shoddy partnership on the part of Avis/US. I guess at this point, I will write a letter to both Avis and US and see if anything develops.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Evan!
Originally Posted by heffa
March 31 did indeed pass and it's still not 2012, but since that date I haven't gotten any 3,000 miles credited on my US Airways account. The AVIS folio states that I got 3,138+ miles, but only the 138 miles part shows up on US Airways.
I started getting my 3,000 miles again after stop renting at SAT (San Antonio). Only those rentals did not get any 3,000 miles bonus, even though my Avis receipt printed 3,138 miles on them.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: Free Agent
I had mine post for a rental 3 weeks ago within a few days. Although it was 3 calendar days it was not 72 hours..
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 100k, Hyatt Globalist, Hhonors Diamond, Marriot Platinum
No mileage credit?

I used the code MUAA044 for my rental 3-4 weeks back. I could not enter my US air FF number online, so i presented the number at the rental counter. But i did not see the US air FF number or the miles awarded in the rental receipt. Generally i see the miles awards at the bottom of the printed receipt and e receipt. Do i need to call avis to request the bonus miles or can i use the request miles option on the website (i am afraid that i will get only 500 miles if i do this). Please advise. Any preferred number to call.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pointsrunner
I used the code MUAA044 for my rental 3-4 weeks back. I could not enter my US air FF number online, so i presented the number at the rental counter. But i did not see the US air FF number or the miles awarded in the rental receipt. Generally i see the miles awards at the bottom of the printed receipt and e receipt. Do i need to call avis to request the bonus miles or can i use the request miles option on the website (i am afraid that i will get only 500 miles if i do this). Please advise. Any preferred number to call.
You posted this in the AVIS forum already.

You're pretty much SOL. Your USAirways number needs to be on your rental prior to reserving. Its quite easy to do so and/or you could have called AVIS if their website refused.

Doing it after the fact, I highly doubt you'll get a positive response. There are no tricks.

If you are a preferred member of AVIS, you'll know the preferred numbers to call. Its generally frowned upon here to give out preferred numbers to non-preferred folks. Its printed on the back of your PC or CC card.

Good luck.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by pointsrunner
Here goes....

How to get your missing miles from Avis! (This goes for Budget as well)

I hope it helps.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Originally Posted by heffa
I started getting my 3,000 miles again after stop renting at SAT (San Antonio). Only those rentals did not get any 3,000 miles bonus, even though my Avis receipt printed 3,138 miles on them.
I rented at SAT a couple of weeks ago and the 3,XXX pts posted no problem. Just a data point in case someone else is wondering about SAT.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.