FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:57 pm
bkafrick

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pointsrunner
I used the code MUAA044 for my rental 3-4 weeks back. I could not enter my US air FF number online, so i presented the number at the rental counter. But i did not see the US air FF number or the miles awarded in the rental receipt. Generally i see the miles awards at the bottom of the printed receipt and e receipt. Do i need to call avis to request the bonus miles or can i use the request miles option on the website (i am afraid that i will get only 500 miles if i do this). Please advise. Any preferred number to call.
You posted this in the AVIS forum already.

You're pretty much SOL. Your USAirways number needs to be on your rental prior to reserving. Its quite easy to do so and/or you could have called AVIS if their website refused.

Doing it after the fact, I highly doubt you'll get a positive response. There are no tricks.

If you are a preferred member of AVIS, you'll know the preferred numbers to call. Its generally frowned upon here to give out preferred numbers to non-preferred folks. Its printed on the back of your PC or CC card.

Good luck.