Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is it like Virgin?

Originally Posted by flickerflix
AVOD is touchscreen,
Is this touchscreen like Virgin or LH a340 economy where the people behind you change the channel and the back of your seat gets a bump every time? Is it annoying like that?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
Is this touchscreen like Virgin or LH a340 economy where the people behind you change the channel and the back of your seat gets a bump every time? Is it annoying like that?
Given my experience today my answer is yes. Not sure who I blame most, the designers or the passengers.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Painful

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Given my experience today my answer is yes. Not sure who I blame most, the designers or the passengers.
That is so painful. It's the worst, especially if you're sleeping, and the poking wakes you up.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I think you mean easy to miss.
You are correct!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:26 am

Given that the 5th 777 BC and FC seating configuration has been completed, how long does it take for each aircraft?

That said, how long does it take to convert a 777 to the new configuation?

I meant configuration.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 14, 2010 at 5:57 am
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
AC has the same seat back VOD and yup get used to idiots pushing way to hard on the seat back... if you have a kid behind you start by wrecking his VOD to end the problem before it begins.^
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:27 am
Suspended

the 10pm IAD-LHR is still showing as old config for january, 2011.
I would have thought they would have ALL LHR routes on the new config at that point
do you think UAL just doesnt have enough new Aircraft scheduled to be online by then?
why do DXB when you havent finished LHR
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: My posts are solely my opinion and do not represent the official position of United Airlines
Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration
the 10pm IAD-LHR is still showing as old config for january, 2011.
I would have thought they would have ALL LHR routes on the new config at that point
do you think UAL just doesnt have enough new Aircraft scheduled to be online by then?
why do DXB when you havent finished LHR
I think you'll find it will be - it just hasn't been confirmed yet.

IMO, it's far better to wait until certain than announce it and have to change it back later.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by erankin
Given that the 5th 777 BC and FC seating configuration has been completed, how long does it take for each aircraft?

That said, how long does it take to convert a 777 to the new configuation?

I meant configuration.
According to the Wiki guide, the 5th 777 went in for the conversion early this month and won't be completed until the end of September. Looks like it's about 1 per month based on schedules of aircraft 3 - 5.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by LA_Traveler
According to the Wiki guide, the 5th 777 went in for the conversion early this month and won't be completed until the end of September. Looks like it's about 1 per month based on schedules of aircraft 3 - 5.
Is UA only using one company to do the reconfig? I believe I saw something that said they would do some in the US, and outsource some to get them done faster than the 67/47 config..
Old Sep 14, 2010, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I had the dilemma of choosing 21H or 33K for my next flight. Have plumped for 33K on the basis that being that close to the C cabin will drive me nuts !
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Any news on config for Fri 17-Sept UA 931 LHR-SFO? The F/C seat map has not changed yet -- thanks in advance for helping this FTr out.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by US @ DEN
Any news on config for Fri 17-Sept UA 931 LHR-SFO? The F/C seat map has not changed yet -- thanks in advance for helping this FTr out.
UAL Cargo says that you'll have the new 777 on Friday. Minus any irrops, enjoy!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:46 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are up to 5 out of 46 by the end of 2010, lagging even the proposed schedule in the http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...sions_%28UA%29 .

Clearly this conversion is postponed from even that very leisurely schedule. It seems unrealistic to expect any 777 route to reliably have the new config even if shown in seatmaps when making a reservation -- or will all the new 777's be just focussed on SFO-LHR-SFO? That's certainly not shown on the suitedreams site!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
We are up to 5 out of 46 by the end of 2010, lagging even the proposed schedule in the http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...sions_%28UA%29 .

Clearly this conversion is postponed from even that very leisurely schedule. It seems unrealistic to expect any 777 route to reliably have the new config even if shown in seatmaps when making a reservation -- or will all the new 777's be just focussed on SFO-LHR-SFO? That's certainly not shown on the suitedreams site!
How did you work that out if the 5th one comes out of the shop end of the month? End of the year then would seem more likely to be 7 or 8 a/c. And they seem to be planning on at least 3 of the LHR 777 routes to be reliably the 77Q since they're showing consistently into the future now on .bomb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.