Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFF
From United Sales Dept -

"As part of our extensive modification project, the seating configuration will change across all cabins on our ** 777 International widebody fleet** In an effort to minimize customer impact, we are limiting seat assignments to those seats that are common on both "classic" and new aircraft. We expect equipment swaps with short notice. Until the project is complete, utilizing only the “common seats” for advance seat assignments will help United better manage expectations of pre-assigned seating and the re-accommodation within the check-in period."
Hi JerryFF,

Great info where did you find this note from the sales dept?
I hope they follow their own guidelines.

Happy Trails!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO PE
I arrived at LHR today and saw I was given 24D, not B as I had pre-selected. I was informed it is the new 777. So, they moved me from aiisle on window side to aisle on middle. The GA then put be in 24C so I was aisle on window side. So, the below does not seem to hold unless I am mis-interpreting it.
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
Hi JerryFF,

Great info where did you find this note from the sales dept?
I hope they follow their own guidelines.

Happy Trails!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO PE
Notes on E+

Flew E+ LHR - IAD today. Here are my notes -

No powerpoints on my row at least
AVOD is touchscreen, selection very limited unless you pay an additional $10 (and then still not great)
Seats both recline and slightly pull forward
3 - 3 - 3 not as good, I don't think, as 2-5-2 - if you get an entire row it isn't long enough to lay out
Nice to have the AVOD boxes under the seat
Mid-plane only has 2 restrooms, crew rest entrance takes the other spot
Not a great amount of cushioning on the seats
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:01 pm

10/2 918 or 924

So, I have been reading all of these pages trying to make my own guess, but any ideas on what the best flight to grab in hopes of getting the new config?
10/2 (918 or 924)
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by firegate
So, I have been reading all of these pages trying to make my own guess, but any ideas on what the best flight to grab in hopes of getting the new config?
A better thread to search might be this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...abin-777s.html
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Question When does the next plane go in for reconfiguration?

Hello.

When does the 5th 777 go in for refit?

Unless I've missed it, the next plane seemed to go straight in after a reconfigured plane came out.

Any info or thoughts on this?

Thanks,

^
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello.

When does the 5th 777 go in for refit?
It's already in: N758UA.

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...onversions_(UA)
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1KUGS, AA Plat., SPG Plat., Hertz Five*
I'm traveling to Asia in December. My original booking was all through Tokyo on 747s. An equipment swap and schedule change now has me on 777. What's the chance I'll get the new C?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
thanks for the reply^
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by shortcut3d
I'm traveling to Asia in December. My original booking was all through Tokyo on 747s. An equipment swap and schedule change now has me on 777. What's the chance I'll get the new C?
Slim & none.... Maybe 0.0001%

At this point, only 8% of all 777s have been converted and none of them are going to Asia yet. Appears to be to complete LHR followed by DXB.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Here's the corrrect airplane: N785UA

and...

Here's the correct link: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...sions_%28UA%29

Originally Posted by flickerflix
Flew E+ LHR - IAD today. Here are my notes -

No powerpoints on my row at least
All rows have power, 2 outlets for each set of 3 seats, you must have missed them.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 10, 2010 at 3:54 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA MM
The power outlets are hard to miss if you don't know they are there, and EXACTLY where they are.

I have flown 3 of the 4 four converted planes between DEN-LHR. As has been mentioned, the LHR routes seem to be getting them. An FA mentioned the DXB flight would have them soon.

I 'thought' I saw N785UA highlighted in yellow at the wiki as being 'in the shop' a few weeks ago, right after #4 came out (not sure which tail# was #4), then it was not highlighted (about 4-5 days ago), and now it is. Anyone else notice that?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:11 pm

yep, I noticed that too.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by daveewald
The power outlets are hard to miss if you don't know they are there, and EXACTLY where they are.
I think you mean easy to miss.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
In economy/e+ the headphone jacks are not in the most intuitive place either and are easy to miss imho. I also do not like the fact that, judging by todays experience, that the buffoon behind me felt it necessary to push the screen of his IFE screen enough to keep moving my seat. Not sure if that is normal in this new setup or not having only done E once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.