Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Type B (VDB) Vouchers Questions [Merged Threads - 2009 and Onward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Type B (VDB) Vouchers Questions [Merged Threads - 2009 and Onward]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to check what is the latest status of redeeming continental vouchers on united operated flights? Is it already possible? any experiences?

thxs,

not possible for the moment.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to check what is the latest status of redeeming continental vouchers on united operated flights? Is it already possible? any experiences?

thxs,
My usual agent at JFK said I have to wait until the single operating certificate before I can cross between the two with my vouchers.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:52 pm

Also turned away using paper certs on CO flights. Reportedly ok to use e-certs however - per agent.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
I scanned through much of this thread and couldn't find an answer.

I have 4x$100 vouchers from a VDB in somebody elses name to use. Can I go to the airport and issue a ticket in my name, or does the person who's name is printed on them need to do the ticketing for me? Can I mail them in to get a ticket issued in my name?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by tann1001
I scanned through much of this thread and couldn't find an answer.

I have 4x$100 vouchers from a VDB in somebody elses name to use. Can I go to the airport and issue a ticket in my name, or does the person who's name is printed on them need to do the ticketing for me? Can I mail them in to get a ticket issued in my name?
My understanding is that if you have a photocopy of the ID of the VDB voucher owner, then you can mail it in. Not sur about doing it with a photo copy ID at the airport ticketing counter.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
I've also had success redeeming these through my travel agent.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
I've also had success redeeming these through my travel agent.
+1
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mikensf74
Also turned away using paper certs on CO flights. Reportedly ok to use e-certs however - per agent.
I had a UA/CO mixed-itinerary the other day (UA flight number/operated outbound, CO flight number/operated number return). Had the phone agent hold it, took my vouchers to the airport, and had it ticketed with no problem.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA G
I have a voucher from a VDB, as well as residual value (type B) voucher from a cancelled ticket. Can I combine the two? The residual value voucher clearly allows combination, but the VDB one only allows combination with same booklet.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by unavaca
I have a voucher from a VDB, as well as residual value (type B) voucher from a cancelled ticket. Can I combine the two? The residual value voucher clearly allows combination, but the VDB one only allows combination with same booklet.
IIRC, the official rule is no, but you might be surprised what some agents are willing to do. I had one let me use $100 of VDB, and $73 from a canceled ticket, even though they are not supposed to accept that together..
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
but you might be surprised what some agents are willing to do.
+1. I had an agent combine 2 booklets of VDB certs to take off $800 of the fare.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
IIRC, the official rule is no, but you might be surprised what some agents are willing to do. I had one let me use $100 of VDB, and $73 from a canceled ticket, even though they are not supposed to accept that together..

A residual voucher from an unused ticket can be combined with a VDB cert. It's like a form of payment, so it's okay.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
I simulate a booking with combined CO/UA segments and applied a CO vouchers. Until that point I did not get any error. The voucher value was deducted from the total ticket value.

Does that mean that CO vouchers can be also used on UA flights?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
I simulate a booking with combined CO/UA segments and applied a CO vouchers. Until that point I did not get any error. The voucher value was deducted from the total ticket value.

Does that mean that CO vouchers can be also used on UA flights?
Yes when the CO flight has the UA flight number.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
I do not understand it...you meant CO flight number operated by UA metal?

As far as I understand to use a CO voucher the all segments should have CO flight numbers although some segments are operated by UA. Is that correct?

Last edited by flymexico2010; Jul 13, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.