Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Overview of United's International Routes With New First/Business Class Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overview of United's International Routes With New First/Business Class Cabins

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Changes due to QF A380?

Assuming RSSRNotInIndia is correct, do you think the SFO-SYD, SFO-MEL, LAX-MEL are a direct result of QF (Qantas) using the new a380 on the route?

I mean, why would you pay for UA old C or F when you could have incredible C and F on the new a380?

Is UA making a calculated/competitive decision to avoid an exodus to QF?

(Or am I giving them too much credit?)

Last edited by FoxFlyer; Sep 16, 2008 at 10:21 pm Reason: adjusted referenced poster details
Old Sep 16, 2008, 7:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Flying C class SFO - SYD Dec 25, SYD - SFO Jan 6. Now shows new config and got to keep my original seat assignments. Hope nothing changes. Won't tell my partner (if I can keep it to myself). Want to surprise him when we board.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Wink

Now, United, I want you to repeat after me.... New 747 LAX to Narita in December........ New 747 LAX to Narita in December........
New 747 LAX to Narita in December........

Yes...... very good...... yeeeessssss......
Old Sep 17, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: Won Kay
UA 867 IAD-LAX on September 11th was a 763 with the new config. It was a nice surprise.

UA 862 on 15 September LAX-IAD was not.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
do you think the SFO-SYD, SFO-MEL, LAX-MEL are a direct result of QF (Qantas) using the new a380 on the route?
No. (And there is no SFO-MEL - I think you mean SYD-MEL.)
Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: DL UA US
Originally Posted by EastbayMike
Flying C class SFO - SYD Dec 25, SYD - SFO Jan 6. Now shows new config and got to keep my original seat assignments. Hope nothing changes. Won't tell my partner (if I can keep it to myself). Want to surprise him when we board.
Given the unreliability of United's seatmaps, I hope Eastbay Mike is not disappointed.

I currently have two business class seats on IAD-FCO in early November; seats were selected online based on old config; over the weekend, the seatmap changed, showing the new config to be used for my flight, allowing no seat selection.

Is there any chance that this means they will use the new 763 config on this one?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Pincus
Is there any chance that this means they will use the new 763 config on this one?
Yes, there is a chance.

09/29 HKG-SIN showing new config. Would be willing to switch from SQ to try the new F but since it can't be guaranteed....
Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: DL UA US
Agree, having read this thread from beginning to end, I'd stay with SQ also.

Thanks for the reply.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Marriott Ambassador
What about the IAD-LHR run? Is that all new config on the 67 now?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
I notice that it is listed here that UA840 SYD - LAX is running with the new configuration. That being said, how does that 747 get to SYD.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Originally Posted by cgruber
What about the IAD-LHR run? Is that all new config on the 67 now?

No, do not count on the IAD-LHR 767 being the new configuration. I flew it twice with one new and one old, even though it was seat mapped as new. Even the agents ad FA said they never know what configuration it will be. It seems the Monday 767 flights are the old configuration. Do NOT trust UA to say it will be the new configuration.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
Originally Posted by Paella747
Now, United, I want you to repeat after me.... New 747 LAX to Narita in December........ New 747 LAX to Narita in December........
New 747 LAX to Narita in December........

Yes...... very good...... yeeeessssss......
I'm right there with you. Flying LAX/NRT/BKK/NRT/LAX in early December. Already cranky about the BKK FA base closure. Would really make my day if they put a new config 747 on that route.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RSSRNotInIndia
I can confirm that this fall ORD/SFO-HKG, SFO-SYD, SYD-MEL and LAX-MEL will have the regularly scheduled re-configured 744.
I noticed my Jan LAX-MEL changed config, as well as changing my seat allocation. Weirdest thing is that almost every seat from G-K throughout F and C appears on ual.com as allocated on every flight I've looked at. Unless a huge majority of people have suddenly decided that they like the right-hand side of the 747, this is some strange blocking out of the right-hand seats.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Kremmen
I noticed my Jan LAX-MEL changed config, as well as changing my seat allocation. Weirdest thing is that almost every seat from G-K throughout F and C appears on ual.com as allocated on every flight I've looked at. Unless a huge majority of people have suddenly decided that they like the right-hand side of the 747, this is some strange blocking out of the right-hand seats.
I believe United automatically blocks the seats on the right side of the aircraft when they use the new seatmaps. It's beacause the letters don't match up between configs. (i.e. there is a 6AB on both versions of the 747 but the JKs are only on the new one.) So they are shown as filled when there may or may not be someone sitting there.

I think it just helps avoid extra problems with assigning seats because they don't know if you are getting new/old until the plane is actually at the gate.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 1:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Plenty on this topic here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842222

The right-hand side will open up between two and three days before your flight.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.