Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Overview of United's International Routes With New First/Business Class Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overview of United's International Routes With New First/Business Class Cabins

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
What are the domestic routes operated by the new configs?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by lexdevil
...here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...s+new&page=108

Post #1610 from C5Crewdog includes the following as of July 4:
Thanks for the credit...

As mentioned before, the newest 747 will also be doing some domestic legs (likely SFO-IAD) before flying international, but since none of the flight are operated by the 747 now, it hasn't been published which flights will be subbed. Remember, the first reburbished 747 was subbed for Flight 141 IAD-ORD for almost a week - an upgrade from A319 to B747.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C-5Crewdog
Thanks for the credit...

As mentioned before, the newest 747 will also be doing some domestic legs (likely SFO-IAD) before flying international, but since none of the flight are operated by the 747 now, it hasn't been published which flights will be subbed. Remember, the first reburbished 747 was subbed for Flight 141 IAD-ORD for almost a week - an upgrade from A319 to B747.
^ Quite the upgrade. Do a favor and please post which route they sub this a/c for
Old Jul 11, 2008, 8:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Tomorrow IAD - SFO

Got to chatting with a FA on todays inbound SFO-IAD 914 and she mentioned that July 12th flight 233 will be substituted with the newly configured 747 for IAD-SFO. Could change of course.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
A note on another 747 route: It's reported that the new aircraft are serving HKG-SFO from August/September. This may be only as they come out of the shop though, rather than a regular routing...it appears they are running a swap route on the SFO-HKG-SGN-HKG-PUS to get the old planes in and the new ones out.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
A note on another 747 route: It's reported that the new aircraft are serving HKG-SFO from August/September. This may be only as they come out of the shop though, rather than a regular routing...it appears they are running a swap route on the SFO-HKG-SGN-HKG-PUS to get the old planes in and the new ones out.
Flight numbers please?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:30 pm

856. What he's saying is that, when a reconfigured 744 is ready to hatch at Pusan, they send the next one to go in from SFO-HKG-SGN-HKG. At HKG, the one going to Korea is withdrawn from that particular rotation, and the one released at PUS -- which has deadheaded to HKG to be in position -- gets dropped into the homeward trip to SFO on 856.

For that specific trip, and only for that specific trip.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Newly configured 763 has been doing SFO-JFK (6) and JFK-SFO(17) the last few days. I was on UA 17 yesterday. Blogged about it here still need to upload the photos I took...
Old Jul 14, 2008, 3:41 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
UnitedF1RST - I like it ^^^ :-:@:-).

Thank you. Now if we just see SYD - LAX/SFO mentioned in the very near future on your first post, I would be doing cartwheels .
Old Jul 14, 2008, 4:36 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Great thread here!

Originally Posted by ninja138
My understanding is the equipment switch won't happen until Sept 2. I think it was in the "SFO-TPE/NGO routes dropped - int'l changes" thread... I may be wrong.

United Cargo is usually more accurate about equipment assignments.
Either way, it's good to hear that we'll have updated equipment on at least some flights to Asia (although my next intl C will be to LHR, anyway). I hope a 744 SFO-NRT will work with the NRT-TPE leg...
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar
Great thread here!

Either way, it's good to hear that we'll have updated equipment on at least some flights to Asia (although my next intl C will be to LHR, anyway). I hope a 744 SFO-NRT will work with the NRT-TPE leg...
Again....flight numbers would be most helpful. Before I add a flight to the confirmed list I check it against the flight status on .bomb for accuracy.

Thank you for the p.s. flights -- they're on the master list on the first post.

As for the NRT flights with new config -- flight numbers and routing please!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Updated with UA4 and UA6, SFO-JFK flights w/ new configs
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by UnitedF1RST
Updated with UA4 and UA6, SFO-JFK flights w/ new configs
Oh my! Time to book flights to JFK!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

UA4 tomorrow morning is scheduled for a new config!

Quick! To .bomb!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I'm trying to book SFO-JFK but the schedule seems to indicate that UA 4 and 6 are still operated by 757

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.