Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Overview of United's International Routes With New First/Business Class Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overview of United's International Routes With New First/Business Class Cabins

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:14 pm

LAX-SYD seats on United

Can anyone tell me if somehow I can check and see by the flight number whether the planes configuration is version I or II on United?? Anotherwards, some of United's fleet of 747-400 have been converted and some have not-anyway to tell by flight number?? Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
There's only two 744 that haven't been converted as of this date, plus they seem to fly those mainly to/from Asia, so I'd say your chances are pretty good of avoiding them.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...sions_%28UA%29
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...in-routes.html
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:44 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by gatorgirl
Can anyone tell me if somehow I can check and see by the flight number whether the planes configuration is version I or II on United??
SeatExpert.com now has a feature that searches by airline, flight # and date to let you see what type of A/C is scheduled to fly and what the seating chart looks like.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
I'd be very surprised if it was an old config, haven't seen one of those in SYD for a long time!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Since the WIKI indicates that the last two 744's are in for conversion. So should be impossible to board a 744 with the icky old C seats at this point.

Curse the luck that the 777's get stuck with them for so much longer.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 6:50 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
As this is a United issue, I'll transfer the thread to that forum.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
should be impossible to board a 744 with the icky old C seats at this point.
There's still one out there (N187UA), but it typically flies to PVG.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:06 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Seeing that they are competing fiercely there is no way they put an old config plane on this route.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 10:01 am

I am flying SIN-NRT-IAD in June...what are the chances of the reconfig 777 or a new 747?
Old Dec 25, 2009, 1:13 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I am flying SIN-NRT-IAD in June...what are the chances of the reconfig 777 or a new 747?
About the same as last October, when you last asked this question. Not much has changed since then.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post12728546

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 25, 2009 at 1:20 pm
Old Dec 25, 2009, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Bitterroot

857 SFO -- PVG is sometimes new, sometimes old. The remaining old configs are generally used either on the 857/858 rotation, or 835/836 between ORD and PVG.
so why does China always seem to get shafted when it comes to getting the new configs? (i'm not talking about HKG). A FA on the PVG-ORD route told me that PVG was the absolute last market to get the new config 747s. And you got to figure that most of the pax on board are americans, most chinese nationals would still prefer to go on Air China...
I wasn't that upset about missing the new configs, I actually like the old F suite, the desk was a perfect place to set up my laptop to play movies that I wanted to see...
Old Dec 25, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
wondering if any recent travelers on LAX-NRT have encountered either an equipment swap to a 777 or an older configured 747?

got a rez in F on 3/31 and have got my fingers crossed it remains newly configured...only harrowing part is that the SuiteDreams site still doesn't list it as officially turning over to new cabin service.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:59 am

European Routes with new Biz Seats

I'm planning a trip to Greece for Sept 2010. Is there any site that lists UA European routes with the new business class seats? I'm out of LAX but flexible with US connects if I can catch a new business seat.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Hi

As you are flying ex LAX there is the SFO/FRA 744 which has the Business seats. You will then connect LH to ATH. Alternatively, you can use any 763 service via ORD or IAD which will have the new Business seats and travel to FRA/MUC for a connection onto ATH. You need to avoid any 777 service as they are yet to be updated. Happy travels.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
basically avoid all 777 aircraft for another 6-9 months. a lot of UA routes fly 767s sometimes... ORD-LHR is another 767 route, from which you can switch in London.

fyi: a greek airline is joining Star Alliance in a few months... forget which.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.