Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Lotsa FRA trips with 77Ds. So far this month, for example:

IAD -- FRA: 952-2nd; 932-4th; 932-5th; 932-6th; 916-8th; 932-9th; 916-12th and 932-12th scheduled.

ORD-- FRA: 940-2nd; 940-4th; 944-4th; 940-7th; 940-8th; 940-9th; 940-10th; 940-12th scheduled.......................
fyi 952 is a 767.

glad to see they are moving new 777s to FRA routes I was looking in Jan and seeing the old config for the dates I was going to need to travel
Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by cesco.g
LAX-NRT in April 2012 got confirmed in new config. While not sure, is that a typical route these days?
there are no typical routes...they rotate.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by cmiller2600
Yes I am. How do I check the mobile site. <snip> Very strange since we don't change planes in GRU just a drop off and a pick up.
Just go to mobile.united.com and enter the flight number (or the city pair) into the flight status option. That will give you the "Aircraft#" which is the nose number for UA metal. The last two digits are the same as the last two digits of the tail number though, which makes it easy to look up the plane on the wiki page here.

This only works a couple of days out from departure, and even then the info can still change. For example, right now it's saying that both legs of 861 are on N220UA, which is an old config XP (flightaware agrees, at least as far as IAD-GRU). Before it was claiming different planes for IAD-GRU and GRU-GIG.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meFIRST
I am extremely reluctant to book IAD-DXB, because of the uncertainty.
If I paid that much to sit in Business Class, I want the flat bed.
If UA can't offer the flat bed, they should lower the prices/restrictions, on flights that don't offer it....
I am like you in this regard. United will not give you any kind of compensation whatsoever if they swap an old config for the new. You can't even have confidence that you will get the type of seat you want (aisle vs window). My solution is to not book any route with a 777 if I am paying Z fare.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
fyi 952 is a 767.
One-off 77D substitution...................
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
Originally Posted by dpdapper
Well, one week out and both United.bomb and United Cargo are showing new config 77D. But I get the impression from previous posts not to rely on this until I'm actually sitting in the new seats. . .

In any event, no more desirable seats than the ones I've already got (8A-C) left to change into.
As noted in my prior posts, am on UA 906 ORD-MUC tomorrow. UnitedCargo.com now showing old config (B777) even though United.bomb still showing new config seating charts. Old config confirmed by aircraft no. on mobile.united.bomb (#2379). Likely to be a mess at check-in. . .

I also see that our seats have been changed from 8A-C to 9A-C. Well, at least Row 9 exists in all 777 configurations, old and new.

Seems to prove the point that you can't rely on getting the new config until you're on the plane.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
I've booked UA944 ORD-FRA April 2012 and June 2012.
For the seatreservation .bomb showed the new config.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by FortFun
Just go to mobile.united.com and enter the flight number (or the city pair) into the flight status option. That will give you the "Aircraft#" which is the nose number for UA metal. The last two digits are the same as the last two digits of the tail number though, which makes it easy to look up the plane on the wiki page here.

This only works a couple of days out from departure, and even then the info can still change. For example, right now it's saying that both legs of 861 are on N220UA, which is an old config XP (flightaware agrees, at least as far as IAD-GRU). Before it was claiming different planes for IAD-GRU and GRU-GIG.
Thank you!! I noticed that it changed yesterday ..... oh well ..... just will have to wait till I get to IAD to find out. I just love surprises!!!!!

Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by haddon90
there are no typical routes...they rotate.
I think that .bomb is now listing the new configuration on a lot of the asian 777 routes, and then switching the seat map to the old config if that's what you're getting. Until the summer it was the other way around--old config, with a switch to new if that's the plane assignment.

Originally Posted by dpdapper

Seems to prove the point that you can't rely on getting the new config until you're on the plane.
No kidding. Recent NRT-IAD flight had new config until about 5 days out, when it switched on unitedcargo and on the seat map. Mad scramble for new seat that wasn't bad. Then 2 days out it switched back on cargo and seatmap. Resume scramble. Ended up with the same aisle, but one row back. Bonus was the middle was empty, but not in the row in front where I was originally seated.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 15, 2011 at 10:51 am Reason: merge
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Seems like the 900/930 IAD-ORD departure is the new config (repositioning flight?). I'm flying it this Sunday and looking forward to trying out the new business product!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:15 pm

Need some advice. We are in 11H & K on 4 legs, SFO-LAX-NRT-BKK-NRT in old C that frequently get changed to new. What is the best way for me to make sure we are together in A/B or J/K if switched to new? Should I move us up to 8 A/B in the hopes that we'll keep those in the new config, since there is no row 11? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Exec / UA Gold
Anyone have any insight with UA 899 recently? Its been showing the old config 777, but in my experience they change the config on this route so often I am hoping it changes for my flight on Thursday to the new config! Fingers crossed - I am taking the gf to Japan and she has never been in the new UA biz.

Originally Posted by 747200f
Need some advice. We are in 11H & K on 4 legs, SFO-LAX-NRT-BKK-NRT in old C that frequently get changed to new. What is the best way for me to make sure we are together in A/B or J/K if switched to new? Should I move us up to 8 A/B in the hopes that we'll keep those in the new config, since there is no row 11? Thanks.
They seem to change LAX-NRT between the old/new quite a lot in my experience a day or two out. I have always had pretty good luck with the seating when they switch. Most likely they try to keep you together if on the same reservation. 8/9 is great in the old config though so would not hurt to move to the mini cabin there if you can. I am in the same situation for a LAX-NRT flight on Thursday - hoping they switch to the new config. I have been spoiled the last year with the new 777 biz!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 20, 2011 at 1:43 am Reason: merge
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
The mobile site says UA899 on Thursday is N791UA, which is an old config XI. It can certainly change between now and then though.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by drewguy
I think that .bomb is now listing the new configuration on a lot of the asian 777 routes, and then switching the seat map to the old config if that's what you're getting. Until the summer it was the other way around--old config, with a switch to new if that's the plane assignment.

actually, what i meant was, there is no route that is 100% new config, so until you are actually on the plane, you will not know for certain you have the new config.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:40 am

For Dec. 20, unitedcargo shows UA941 from FRA to ORD as being a B777 (whereas UA945 was a 77D). However, mobile.united.com shows the nose number to be 2475, which is a 77D. In addition, UA941 is shown with 23xx tail numbers for the next two days, but the seat map for Thursday actually shows the 3-3-3 Y class even with the old tail number. Any idea what gives here?

I'm flying UA941 next week and was curious if I can check which config I'd end up getting... but with these two sites saying one thing and flightaware saying it's a 744 (heh), I'm not sure whom to believe!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.