Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by haddon90
actually, what i meant was, there is no route that is 100% new config, so until you are actually on the plane, you will not know for certain you have the new config.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's ONE way to know ahead of time - if you are on the RETURN leg of a long-haul, then it's a good chance that whatever configuration departed on the outbound will be returning on the next one, no? So if you're, say, on ORD-NRT and it's a new config that departs, it'll be coming back the following day, so you have about a 14 hour heads up. Fair rule of thumb?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's ONE way to know ahead of time - if you are on the RETURN leg of a long-haul, then it's a good chance that whatever configuration departed on the outbound will be returning on the next one, no? So if you're, say, on ORD-NRT and it's a new config that departs, it'll be coming back the following day, so you have about a 14 hour heads up. Fair rule of thumb?
i would agree with that for the most part...but i think places that have a lot of long haul flights to different hubs on the same aircraft (say 777 NRT-LAX/ORD/SFO) could have a switch. if they all arrive or depart at the same time, then there could be a swap. but IAD-DXB-IAD would be the same plane.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
i would agree with that for the most part...but i think places that have a lot of long haul flights to different hubs on the same aircraft (say 777 NRT-LAX/ORD/SFO) could have a switch. if they all arrive or depart at the same time, then there could be a swap. but IAD-DXB-IAD would be the same plane.
This would make sense but, at LHR, UA generally seems to have a consistent turn (not necessarily back to the same hub). In other words, incoming from LAX might always return to SFO whereas incoming from SFO might always return to IAD even if arrival and departure times are similar. Of course, it's easy to figure out the pattern and extrapolate from there.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:28 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Well, no, because NRT-ORD could be flown by the aircraft that flew SEA-NRT or IAD-NRT or LAX-NRT the previous day (except that ORD-NRT wasn't the best example because ORD-NRT is actually a 747. but assume that it was a 777 and the foregoing would be true)

But if it's a station that only has one daily arrival/departure, like TPE, then yes, the aircraft that operated NRT-TPE should be the same one that operates the subsequent TPE-NRT.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
This would make sense but, at LHR, UA generally seems to have a consistent turn (not necessarily back to the same hub). In other words, incoming from LAX might always return to SFO whereas incoming from SFO might always return to IAD even if arrival and departure times are similar. Of course, it's easy to figure out the pattern and extrapolate from there.
agree...but when it comes to scheduling, you can never be too certain unless it's a destination that has one arrival/departure.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:57 am

Looks like N219UA has finally "hatched." On flight aware it shows it's flying PEK-IAD on Monday!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA former 2P
Originally Posted by ual787
Looks like N219UA has finally "hatched." On flight aware it shows it's flying PEK-IAD on Monday!
The mobile site shows N794UA flying PEK-IAD (UA897) on Monday.

Oops, wrong flight. I should have been looking at UA898 which indeed does show NOT currently show an aircraft. N219UA was being converted in SFO right?

Last edited by Troy_smf; Dec 25, 2011 at 1:39 am Reason: swapped dest/source
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Troy_smf
The mobile site shows N794UA flying PEK-IAD (UA897) on Monday. I would trust the mobile site over flightaware.
The mobile site shows blank in the aircraft field for me for that flight.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Troy_smf
The mobile site shows N794UA flying PEK-IAD (UA897) on Monday. I would trust the mobile site over flightaware.
I understand the exact flight may change.... But in general when United begins filing flights for a reg. number coming out of conversions, generally the plane will fly a revenue flight within 3 days from past experiences.

Ual787
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:16 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Hmm, so, who runs the Wiki, and when is it expected to come back (assuming that it is expected to come back) ?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:24 pm

It would be nice if UA could guarantee a certain route would get the plane. I am for one, need to get to DXB next month, and i am semi reluctant to book, UA and I don't want the old seats

That said, even the seats on the 763 are narrow. The width of the 777 seats are about the same as coach seats. 77Q =United Slaveship™ , featuring the narrowest, flat bed seats anywhere.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
Hmm, so, who runs the Wiki, and when is it expected to come back (assuming that it is expected to come back) ?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...uide-down.html
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by meFIRST
It would be nice if UA could guarantee a certain route would get the plane. I am for one, need to get to DXB next month, and i am semi reluctant to book, UA and I don't want the old seats

That said, even the seats on the 763 are narrow. The width of the 777 seats are about the same as coach seats. 77Q =United Slaveship™ , featuring the narrowest, flat bed seats anywhere.
And only 34" pitch in E+, sharing with the 747 the worst E+ in the fleet.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I'm flying ORD-PEK on 12/27 in C. The current flight map shows rows 6 - 10 as C. According to Seatguru this means it's a "new configuration".

Does this mean it's a the new lie flat C seats? Also, what kind of power outlets would it have?

Thanks folks. :-)
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
I'm flying ORD-PEK on 12/27 in C. The current flight map shows rows 6 - 10 as C. According to Seatguru this means it's a "new configuration".

Does this mean it's a the new lie flat C seats? Also, what kind of power outlets would it have?

Thanks folks. :-)
Yup- You'll have the new seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.