Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft (2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by tuolumne
There must be a "I hate the old 777!" thread every week now.

And call me crazy, but I actually prefer the old UA F suite to the new one. It is more comfortable, and I always get use out of the forward desk. And who says the old C lounge chair is uncomfortable? It's actually very comfy, to the point where I prefer it, especially on a transcon like IAD-LAX.
+2. Like old F over new. Mostly because I can make the seat go forward and back irrespective of the recline. And I like old C over new C for daytime, non-sleeping flights. More comfortable, more elbow room.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond
New config 777's were substituted for TPE-NRT and NRT-LAX on 19 Nov.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
I'm flying one week after next IAD-SFO, and have already been upgraded to the old F suite. Looking forward to it.
Not many people know (well, outside of FT/MP that is ), but you can collapse the aisle armrest in the old F suite, perfect for those of us who don't want to be "stuck" in our seat during meal service when your bladder is killing you. I know it sounds bizarre, but I always get a little anxiety about my bladder - locking in for meal time is a 1+hr commitment! Will definitely miss that feature of the old suite.

And who knew that the old F suite was actually designed for, and unveiled with, a soft mattress pad! UA did away with them after 9/11. Talked at length about it with my purser LAX-NRT. The physical seat itself seems to be made of higher quality materials as well - more substantial. We both agreed we won't miss the "AOD" HI8 tape system in F - actually I found it interesting that the looped channel programming in C and Y is just broadcast from a central tape player in the forward galley - the crew still has to fast forward and cue up each tape with that system just as one would do in their F suite. She complained it was ridiculous to have digital media servers for F and C on the IPTE 763, right next to the HI8 player for the looped channels in Y.

Originally Posted by blueman2
+2. Like old F over new. Mostly because I can make the seat go forward and back irrespective of the recline. And I like old C over new C for daytime, non-sleeping flights. More comfortable, more elbow room.
Agreed. I do find it peculiar that there is so much "outrage" at an old configuration that we've all flown and "suffered" with over the last decade. I only found out how apparently "awful" the old F suite/barcalounges were when the hysterics began almost immediately during the IPTE rollout 2008.

Though I really do wonder, does anybody sincerely believe the old configuration is genuinely uncomfortable? I find IPTE (and a number of new gen products from competitors) to be more narrow, harder, and generally less comfy for every position BUT being flat...

Last edited by tuolumne; Nov 19, 2011 at 11:27 pm
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:16 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tuolumne
I only found out how apparently "awful" the old F suite/barcalounges were when the hysterics began almost immediately during the IPTE rollout 2008.
Indeed, but at least "barcalounger" is an accurate term. Some FlyerTalkers have actually taken to calling the old C domestic F style "business class" (with "business class" in quotes like that)! Which leads me to think that they must not have tried the old C, or else must not have tried domestic F, because the design and functionality of two products are nothing alike, beyond a superficial physical resemblance when viewed from far awway.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:16 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
I lucked out and got the new config 777 yesterday on LAX-NRT (Nov 18th departure). I was resigned to the old business seats, but was pleasantly surprised when I got onboard.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 5:36 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Has anyone else found that, if .bomb hangs when you try to go to the seat selection page on a 777 - so much so that, in my case, Firefox bombs out entirely - that it seems to mean that a new cabin 777 is being swapped in? I've had several instances like that, and every time, after a day or two, the "bug" disappears and sure enough, seat maps for a new cabin are in and the old one gone.

Maybe it's a .bomb feature to help us track new cabin 777s?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
United Cargo Accuracy

First Post...I am flying IAD LHR next Tuesday 11/29 on 924. The flight is usually od config B777, but Cargo shows it as a 77D. The seat map is still old 2-5-2. I am NC with a good number of open seats. Any chance of a down grade? Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jvniad
First Post...I am flying IAD LHR next Tuesday 11/29 on 924. The flight is usually od config B777, but Cargo shows it as a 77D. The seat map is still old 2-5-2. I am NC with a good number of open seats. Any chance of a down grade? Thanks.
Welcome to FT! Sure, there's always a chance of a downgrade, but that is not the norm. Just keep your fingers crossed and check in early. There are still equipment swaps that happen right up to departure.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by jvniad
....and to add to SFOTurtle, watch the booking like a hawk until Tuesday, at least twice a day, honest, it is (can be) worth it !
Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:38 am

So, on my 777 flight next week, the seat map section is still bombing out, and UnitedCargo shows nothing for aircraft type. I guess I should treat that as a probable swap to a New Config 777, but UA is still trying to figure it out? The flight is on Monday, so not too far away.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by catocony
So, on my 777 flight next week, the seat map section is still bombing out, and UnitedCargo shows nothing for aircraft type. I guess I should treat that as a probable swap to a New Config 777, but UA is still trying to figure it out? The flight is on Monday, so not too far away.
I would not treat it as a swap - and even if it did then it might/can swap again. Got the t-shirt for that one.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 7:21 am

Personally, I sleep a little better in the old C, since I cannot get comfortable with the casket-like narrowness of the lie-flat seats and end up keeping the seat reclined instead of lie-flat. But, I like the lie-flats primarily because the AV system, which rocks.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
UA297, IAD-SFO on November 26, appears to be resolving to a 77Q on uacargo and is showing up as equipment N285UA from the ua.mobile site. No seat map changes (still showing classic) on mobile, .bomb or EF as of this post time.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:23 pm

IAD GIG (F) - December 15 - UA 861

How often are the new 777's put on the South American route? It still apears old config when I make a dummy booking. There are 7 seats booked in F but almost full in economy and business. Fingers crossed for the new config...what are the chances?????

Also - anyone know where we clear customs and where I should buy duty free? IAD or GRU ????
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:32 pm

You clear customs at GIG, and should do your Duty Free there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.