Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by rruaco
Is ORD-FRA still done mostly on new-config 777s?
Mostly....but neither T7 flight is 100% new config yet. Slightly better odds on the earlier one.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
And still no XIs in for conversion.
Today, if I'm reading the charts correctly, I notice that N786UA (XI) is in for conversion...
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StingWest
Today, if I'm reading the charts correctly, I notice that N786UA (XI) is in for conversion...
That is good news for folks on the West Coast flying int'l routes exclusively operated by the 777-ERs. It was starting to look like UA was going to finish up all of the remaining XC conversions first and then turn to the XIs last. With the last XP in the shop now, chances of getting a converted plane on the longer should be a lot better than a coin flip even if only one XI is in for conversion at a time and very high if more than one XI will go in for conversion at the same time.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
That is good news for folks on the West Coast flying int'l routes exclusively operated by the 777-ERs. It was starting to look like UA was going to finish up all of the remaining XC conversions first and then turn to the XIs last. With the last XP in the shop now, chances of getting a converted plane on the longer should be a lot better than a coin flip even if only one XI is in for conversion at a time and very high if more than one XI will go in for conversion at the same time.
Yes, I was getting quite used to the nice 747's they use SFO-LHR in the Winter, but dislike traveling the rest of the year when the earlier of two flights (better timing for me) uses the old 777. I'll even fly through ORD to avoid the old 777 in C.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
My ORD-FRA flight in mid-March has shown new 777 since booking. IF there might be a change to the old 777, when does one typically see it reflected in "My Reservations" seat assignments? Is it typically within a couple of days of the flight? I am waitlisted for upgrade to C (SWU) which will hopefully clear by then. I'll take the old C seat over sitting in E+ on this overnighter.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:35 am

The pace is likely going to slow a little as the remaining airplanes are getting the upper (crown) crew bunks added.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by worldtrav
The pace is likely going to slow a little as the remaining airplanes are getting the upper (crown) crew bunks added.
Worldtrav... where did you see this?! I've been expecting that the remaining XI conversions would end up getting crew bunks, but had not heard any firm confirmation. Does this mean they will all become XQ aircraft? If so, the wiki needs some updating!

Ual787
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by ual787
Worldtrav... where did you see this?! I've been expecting that the remaining XI conversions would end up getting crew bunks, but had not heard any firm confirmation. Does this mean they will all become XQ aircraft? If so, the wiki needs some updating!

Ual787
The XI's are going to become XJ's.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by StingWest
And still no XIs in for conversion.
You are reading the charts correctly but the chart is wrong, N786UA is not in the shop at the moment.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I know I've seen a thread about everything you want to know about where to sit on the new 777. Every 'search' I enter leads to a dead end. Can anyone post the link to that thread? Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by sim510
I know I've seen a thread about everything you want to know about where to sit on the new 777. Every 'search' I enter leads to a dead end. Can anyone post the link to that thread? Thanks.
This one?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-cabin-14.html
It's also linked to in the FAQ at the top of the page.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
So, uh, what are the XIs used for then? They must serve some purpose, if they are still going to be around as XJs (instead of all being converted to XQ)?
Why don't they convert them to XQs? It seems odd to have two variants of the ER version, and I imagine creates logistical challenges they could do without.

Originally Posted by bmr12
Oops. Crap. I'll go with "8" as my final answer.
I'd go with 10. If 2 rows of Y = 1 row of C, it would require removal of 18 (9+9) seats of Y to make room for the added row of C. The "short" row at the front of Y of 7 seats (2-3-2) would simply be moved back two rows to allow for the jog in the aisle, but would have to remain.

The other problem with this approach is that it would reduce E+ seating by 18 seats, because it is unlikely that US would add two rows of E+ to what is now the E- cabin, save for the exit/bulkhead row.

I'd love better chances at upgrades, too, but I'd also like better E+ seating for the much greater number of instances when that's what I'm getting.

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 4, 2012 at 6:40 am Reason: merge
Old May 5, 2012, 9:55 pm

Does anyone know when the SEA-NRT AC will be upgraded ?
Old May 5, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by sunil
Does anyone know when the SEA-NRT AC will be upgraded ?
Good question. For awhile the seating charts will all showing new config. Now they're back to the old config.
Old May 6, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
When do consumer / cargo sites sync?

I noticed 777 flights I have next week suddenly have a lot of F/J inventory for sale, but not much activity has changed on the seatmap. A quick check of the Cargo site shows a dreaded B777 instead of 777Q now. When will the UA site reflect the new (old) configuration? Or is there still a sliver of hope I'll get a new config in the next 7 days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.