Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: ua 1k
N778UA has not flown for 6 days. Indication that this is the next plane with either N776UA or N220UA hatching soon?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by tjuabayflyer
N778UA has not flown for 6 days. Indication that this is the next plane with either N776UA or N220UA hatching soon?
Looks like N220ua is hatching and n221ua may be heading to PEK for rework. Not sure about n778ua
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Is United Cargo still a good indicator? My flight LAX-NRT shows the old config on the seatmap since time of booking, but United Cargo indicates a new config. Also F class only has 2 seats taken on the seatmap but it has been F6 for a while. (Of course, people may not have selected seats.) Last year I took two roundtrips on this route with the new config.

The availability has also been bouncing back and forth. It showed Y0 for a day or two, went back to wide open, and now Y7, etc. Business also zeroed out D and Z when it was Y0, but is now back to C9D9Z9. About 15 seats on the seatmap.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Why have none of the "Pre-conversion XI, post-conversion XJ" aircraft yet been converted?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Why have none of the "Pre-conversion XI, post-conversion XJ" aircraft yet been converted?
Because the XPs and XCs are intentionally being done first.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Because the XPs and XCs are intentionally being done first.
Well, uh, obviously.

Why?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:10 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone figured out how to update the wiki lately? If not, should we start a new table somewhere else?

Whoops, never mind, I see it's been updated finally -- hurrah!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Well, uh, obviously.

Why?
XPs because they have crew rest (and in the five most recent conversions, pilot rest) facilities for the longest flights; XCs because they perform the bulk of the US east coast and midwest flights to Germany and Belgium (in other words, it's driven by operating/marketing considerations).
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do all the 777s have the new First Suite? or are there some of the older versions still flying around?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:12 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
XPs because they have crew rest (and in the five most recent conversions, pilot rest) facilities for the longest flights; XCs because they perform the bulk of the US east coast and midwest flights to Germany and Belgium (in other words, it's driven by operating/marketing considerations).
So, uh, what are the XIs used for then? They must serve some purpose, if they are still going to be around as XJs (instead of all being converted to XQ)?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Why did N218UA (Star Alliance 777) not get the new livery during conversion?

N218UA is the Star Alliance painted United 777 and it received the new cabins sometime last year. During all that downtime, how did it not receive the new globe Star Alliance scheme?

All it needed was just replacing the old tulip United name with the new globe UNITED name and paint the engines to gray. How was something that simple not done during the cabin conversion process???

Not complaining, just wondering as many of the other planes were getting livery repaints during cabin conversion...
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I believe that paint and interior conversions do not happen in the same place for PMUA ships. I believe conversions for PMUA ships happen in SFO and painting happens at IAH, MCO or OKC? I could definitely be wrong though.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm
I believe that paint and interior conversions do not happen in the same place for PMUA ships. I believe conversions for PMUA ships happen in SFO and painting happens at IAH, MCO or OKC?
T7s get painted at VCV. But your point is right: interior mods and paint do not take place at the same place or the same time.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Is ORD-FRA still done mostly on new-config 777s?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
So, uh, what are the XIs used for then? They must serve some purpose, if they are still going to be around as XJs (instead of all being converted to XQ)?
And still no XIs in for conversion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.