Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP

How many 777s are converted now?

Happy New Year all.

Lurker

[Moderator's Note - Older discussion may be found here]

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 2, 2011 at 11:38 am
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Lurker
How many 777s are converted now? Since their tail #s have disappeared from the thread title, I am lost

Happy New Year all.

Lurker
Eight, bookmark this page:

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...sions_%28UA%29
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Many thanks - outstanding Wiki page.

Lurker
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:44 pm

Well it seems the other thread tracking the status of the conversions is closed so I'll post it here. N226UA started its visit today. It marks the first XP to XQ conversion and also the first with the new interior and exterior.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 3, 2011 at 7:37 pm Reason: moved from other thread; more topical here
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Well it seems the other thread tracking the status of the conversions is closed so I'll post it here. N226UA started its visit today. It marks the first XP to XQ conversion and also the first with the new interior and exterior.
Do you know which shop that it was sent to for the reconfig? Any idea on how long it should take, considering that they are repainting it?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Do you know which shop that it was sent to for the reconfig? Any idea on how long it should take, considering that they are repainting it?
The painting is already done, it was done before the interior mod. The work is being done in SFO.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: SK EBS, Hilton Silver
777 Conversion International Flights

I am flying SFO-FRA in April on C class. Do anyone know whether this route will have the new converstion then?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dkpam
I am flying SFO-FRA in April on C class. Do anyone know whether this route will have the new converstion then?
Its all a crap shoot although I seem to recall reading in some threads here that CW is that it will most likely be going to LHR. That's not to say it wouldn't make an appearance as a last minute substitute. You might want to check out ualcargo.com as they usually are accurate on the plane type (at least a few days out anyway).

Good Luck!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Also you may want to check out this thread as sometimes the schedule of the reconfigured birds are posted here ...

New 777
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA-1K; Marriott Platinum; National Emerald Exec Elite; Avis President's Club (whoopdidoo)
Family vacation late June LAX-LHR

UA equipment stated as 777-222 for both flights. Outbound, we have center bulkhead seats in E+ [19D/E/G and 21C]. Return flight seats are 19E/G, 20 J/K.

Two tall people, ~6'5", and two regular height/size.

Can someone confirm these will be good seats for legroom? Will we be compromising video access or anything else we may wish we had? I know we have no underseat storage since we have bulkhead/front row seating. I'm just trying to confirm there is nothing better in E+.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:31 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Depending on the configuration, you might want to take a look at one of these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-seatmaps.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nal-cabin.html
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA-1K; Marriott Platinum; National Emerald Exec Elite; Avis President's Club (whoopdidoo)
Thanks

The flyertalk link you posted was very helpful with its link to airlineexpert.com for seating assessments.

I had looked at the other link previously which is older but updated....could not tell what portions of the thread applied to the aircraft we are supposed to be on this summer as the seating plans showed row 17 (instead of 19) as the bulkhead seats so I presumed it was old config.

I was mainly trying to confirm there was nothing funky/unusual about the bulkhead seating in the new config.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
The year-round SFO-FRA is a 747 and they have all been converted. If you're travelling on the evening summer-only flight then it is a 777 and who knows whether it will be new or old config.

Originally Posted by dkpam
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry for silly question,but i am travelling next week from NRT - LAX
(and also SFO-LHR) and it shows 777.

Is this the old style business I will be stuck in??

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 10, 2011 at 7:51 pm Reason: moved from SFO-NRT thread; not topical there
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry for silly question,but i am travelling next week from NRT - LAX
(and also SFO-LHR) and it shows 777.

Is this the old style business I will be stuck in??
What seatmap do you show for your flights?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.