Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
XDs are based primarily out of ORD and IAD and operate many European, domestic hub-to-hub, and South American routes.

N216UA went in 5 days after N773UA.
Are the first and business seats then the same for the converted XD's and the XQ's?
Old May 12, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by atanac
Are the first and business seats then the same for the converted XD's and the XQ's?
A different number, but the same seats, yes.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
A different number, but the same seats, yes.
Interesting. On Seat Guru & Seat Expert the converted planes all show the configuration
and row, seat numbers for an XQ. Have we yet to see how these differ after the XD
conversion in first and Business?
Old May 12, 2011, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by atanac
Interesting. On Seat Guru & Seat Expert the converted planes all show the configuration
and row, seat numbers for an XQ. Have we yet to see how these differ after the XD
conversion in first and Business?
Not yet that I am aware of. This is the first XD. We also don't have an XJ map.
Old May 18, 2011, 5:02 pm

Does anyone know if the FRA-SFO route (UA927) is flying the new configuration 777?
Old May 18, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ianlin
Does anyone know if the FRA-SFO route (UA927) is flying the new configuration 777?
Has shown up a couple times from other posters' accounts, but certainly not enough to have any real high hopes that you'll see it any time soon.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Has shown up a couple times from other posters' accounts, but certainly not enough to have any real high hopes that you'll see it any time soon.
I'm sorry, can you rephrase? A few other posters have said they've had the new config and remodel, but don't expect it? why not? thanks
Old May 19, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by leftpinky
I'm sorry, can you rephrase? A few other posters have said they've had the new config and remodel, but don't expect it? why not? thanks
I was on it yesterday and it was the old config. Everything I've read on FT seems to indicate there's no consistency as to when UA uses the new config, so I'd go in with the attitude that you're not getting it with a happy surprise if you do.

United needs to get their act together and just finish converting these planes, it's a little obnoxious to pay the same $400 + 20k miles for a substantially worse hard product. I couldn't imagine paying C fares to fly an old-config 777.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:01 pm

I agree. I am flying this route in a couple of months. I highly doubt any substantial progress will be made this year. FlyerGuide's UA conversion wiki and UA's own website, have not posted any progress for months.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ianlin
I agree. I am flying this route in a couple of months. I highly doubt any substantial progress will be made this year. FlyerGuide's UA conversion wiki and UA's own website, have not posted any progress for months.
Not correct with respect to the wiki, which from my frequent review has regularly been updated to show the progress of conversions. It is updated on a regular basis, and has shown a number of conversions completed this year. The wiki was just updated a couple days ago to reflect the first XD conversion.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:45 pm

IAD-GIG

I am flying IAD-GIG first in December 2011 - what are the chances of the new config on that flight. Still showing old config.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Not correct with respect to the wiki, which from my frequent review has regularly been updated to show the progress of conversions. It is updated on a regular basis, and has shown a number of conversions completed this year. The wiki was just updated a couple days ago to reflect the first XD conversion.
Thanks for noticing

Originally Posted by cmiller2600
I am flying IAD-GIG first in December 2011 - what are the chances of the new config on that flight. Still showing old config.
Most of the South American routes are run by 777XC. There's currently one converted XD, but should be more by then. You may get lucky and the route could switch to a 767, but at this point it doesn't look great for you.

Interior_Conversions_(UA)
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Question Does UA still reserve an F seat for pilot rest in the reconfig 777?

I'm scheduled for PVG-LAX in mid June with the new config and the F seat map only shows 7 seats; 2A isn't showing at all. All seats are showing occupied, but the booking availability codes show F1.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Isn't one of the window seats in row 2 reserved for the pilot?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by daron4000
Isn't one of the window seats in row 2 reserved for the pilot?
That would be 2A, which is conspicuously absent from the seat maps for LAX-NRT and PVG-LAX in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.