Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Routes from CO's and UA's hubs?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: Too many
I would like to see service to New Zealand as currently only Air New Zealand flies there and with the NZ hub in AKL it would make for lots of good connections.

After that I would like to see service to Chile and increased service to HKG (LAX-HKG and NRT-HKG).
Old May 5, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Renard
I would like to see more flights from Houston to the Caribbean.... on a more frequent basis... not just weekend flights.
Amen! I concur with this assessment. I think the new merged venture will see the IAH hub as a great way to more effectively compete with AA in the Caribbean.
Old May 5, 2010, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by schley
The biggest gap in UA/CO even star alliance is between the middle east and Asia. You can get all the way to India even from the states going east, but no further. You can get to Bangkok going west but no further. When are they going to close that loophole. I have to fly Gulf Air to fill that gap in.
Huh? All the Asian *A carriers fly to and from various points in the middle east.
Old May 5, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
I'd like direct routes from:
SFO to NAN
LAX to NAN
IAD/EWR to HYD
SFO to DUB
LAX to DUB
Old May 5, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
Originally Posted by mduell
Huh? All the Asian *A carriers fly to and from various points in the middle east.
It would still be nice to RTW all on UACO metal, even if it is BKK-DXB or something along those lines. Well, BOM would be great for me, but the facilities don't compare to the Gulf.

I doubt it will happen though.

Nice to dream...
Old May 5, 2010, 2:46 pm

787 DEN-TLV sometime in the next decade.
Old May 5, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Amen! I concur with this assessment. I think the new merged venture will see the IAH hub as a great way to more effectively compete with AA in the Caribbean.
not to mention a way for us to avoid flying US to the Caribbean.

Originally Posted by mogulskiir
I would like to see service to New Zealand as currently only Air New Zealand flies there and with the NZ hub in AKL it would make for lots of good connections.
This would be very nice!
Old May 5, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by mogulskiir
UA gave that up to NZ upon Ansett's collapse in exchange for NZ not flying ex-austraila to the US. I doubt that changes much until the 350's and 787's enter service.
Old May 6, 2010, 2:40 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FreequentFlier
Couldn't you make that argument for every alliance considering there are currently no Gulf carriers in an alliance? Star can't cover every single possible connection in the world in the most efficient manner possible.
I don't know other alliances I know the star alliance. We can see very clearly that the traffic between the middle east going east is almost nill. There are 0 UA/CO flights that way, none whatsoever.

Originally Posted by sfonorth
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Air India joining *A soon. That should fill in that gap. Never been on Air India and not sure what their route network looks like. *A needs to get Emirates or Qatar to become members to increase their coverage too
I don't know, there are usually rumors that predate facts, thus I hope at least rumors are there.

Emirates and Qatar only give RDM credit and not all fare classes even give RDM's.

Originally Posted by mduell
Have you tried this?

Let's just take a look at what many would say is one of the premier destinations in Asia Bangkok. BKK is serviced by UA from the states via NRT. Great. Now you want to go further West to the middle east?

OK there is exactly 1 nonstop flight that goes from BKK to DXB in the entire system of the Star Alliance. That flight is usually 3-4 times more expensive than some non star alliance option. Here is an example for a random date in July.
This is ONE WAY mind you:

Thai non stop flight $1275
Kingfisher, Sri Lankan, Emirates, Jet all are in the 300's.

There is absolutely no service to DOH, KWI, DMM, BAH.

You can get to RUH with 2 stops on Thai.

I mean come on I don't even want to continue my examples for it is too depressing and ticks me off that I have to fly with Gulf Air to pick up this huge gap in the system.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by schley
Have you tried this?

Let's just take a look at what many would say is one of the premier destinations in Asia Bangkok. BKK is serviced by UA from the states via NRT. Great. Now you want to go further West to the middle east?

OK there is exactly 1 nonstop flight that goes from BKK to DXB in the entire system of the Star Alliance. That flight is usually 3-4 times more expensive than some non star alliance option. Here is an example for a random date in July.
This is ONE WAY mind you:

Thai non stop flight $1275
Kingfisher, Sri Lankan, Emirates, Jet all are in the 300's.

There is absolutely no service to DOH, KWI, DMM, BAH.

You can get to RUH with 2 stops on Thai.

I mean come on I don't even want to continue my examples for it is too depressing and ticks me off that I have to fly with Gulf Air to pick up this huge gap in the system.
Isn't SQ supposed to cover this? Granted, you'll have to stop in SIN but that can't be that bad.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by briank1973
IAH-SYD: I doubt they can get enough to fill the loads for this flight. I live in Australia and I can honestly tell you that no one here has any desire to go to Houston. Granted, Australians will make up a minority of passengers (they tend to fly QF), but that minority does help make things profitable. SFO and LAX are great points for the SYD flights. An interesting one would be ORD-SYD, but it's pushing it distance-wise. Could be done though.
Funny, I guess you never been to Houston, it is filled with Expats (a good portion OZ) because of all the oil business and companies, Many Aussies would love to see a direct Houston-OZ flight here. Of course not for a vacation destination, but for the business side of things (which I think airlines cater to a bit more).

Also heard yesterday they are planning Auckland Houston non-stop. Seems Oz would be a better choice but I guess that might have been a bit too far to fly without a stop.

Another route suggestion IAH to CPT.
Old May 28, 2010, 5:30 pm

SFO-DEL non-stop or even the old flights that used to go LHR-DEL-HKG. With the new integrated intl. and domestic terminal at DEL and the 9W codeshare and AI in *A, it will open up all of the Indian market. Come back to India, UA!

Would also love to see SFO-CDG back and more service to S. America from SFO/LAX. At the very least, UA should be able to add SFO/LAX-GRU now that they have access to TAM's network from GRU. That's a very convenient one-stop option for W. Coast travelers to all over S. America (incl. SCL - which is a pain to get to right now from the West Coast). I'd much rather do SFO-GRU-SCL/EZE instead of SFO-IAD/ORD-EZE/GRU. I think they should consolidate the E. Coast feed to GRU at either EWR or IAD and start a new SFO-GRU flight.

I expect that at some point we will also see IAH-SCL (or less likely, ORD-SCL).

Last edited by abcx; May 28, 2010 at 6:04 pm
Old May 28, 2010, 5:48 pm

Ord-fll
ord-fll
ord-fll
Old May 28, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by todorovic
Isn't SQ supposed to cover this? Granted, you'll have to stop in SIN but that can't be that bad.
That would assume that SQ was in fact still part of *A. There is at least considerable debate about that.
Old May 28, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
CO announced IAH-AKL with 787s. I'd also like to see IAH-JNB and IAH-SCL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.