Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Routes from CO's and UA's hubs?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
I'd give up FAT-DEN for mainline FAT-IAH. AA has mainline FAT-DFW so here's crossing my fingers.

When will the world's largest airline fly to BNE on a tag from either CNS or SYD (or both)?
Old May 3, 2010, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by couscous
bring back CDG-SFO
yes!
Old May 3, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Most of the TATL flights go from IAD so my guess is IAD would get the TLV flight. Also there is a very big Jewish population in the DC area.

Also EL AL already has ORD-TLV.

I would expect to see IAD-CAI IAD-MAN IAD-DUB
El Al stopped flying to ORD a few years ago. And there are a LOT more Jews in Chicago area than DC area.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:44 pm
EAL

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Virgin America Elevate
I'd LOVE to see some expansion at LAX!
Old May 3, 2010, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by schley
They are missing Thailand in the route map for the ua/co merger.com page. Not sure if that is intentional or what.
Probably the same person who updated the UA terminal maps last month showing LAX's Tom Bradley airport as "Tom Brady"
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1118,00.html

(since been corrected)
Old May 3, 2010, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by JohnneeO
I vote for EWR-RNO. I believe that CO had flown this route in the long ago past, and only recently exited RNO completely. Historically, RNO has been difficult to get to from any NYC airport, and has almost always required a connection.
UA has never expressed any desire to run ORD-RNO, so I doubt we'd see EWR-RNO first. You wanna go to Reno from metro NY, best way is prolly (still)LGA-DEN-RNO via legacy UA.

Otherwise, is there demand for seasonal ski service from IAH? Would IAH-EGE or IAH-ASE work?
Old May 3, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Bring back JFK-NRT and SFO-CDG
Old May 3, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DJ, QF, SQ, SPG.
Originally Posted by blug
The didn't include the cities that only have intra-Asia service.
Is this the reason for not including SYD-MEL; an intra-Australia service??
Old May 3, 2010, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by scruffair
El Al stopped flying to ORD a few years ago. And there are a LOT more Jews in Chicago area than DC area.
I've long been surprised that someone hasn't been able to make a go of ORD-TLV - there seems to be a big opportunity here. There are indeed a very large number of Jews in the Chicago area, and many of them have strong ties to Israel. I'd think this route would do very well. I believe the the El Al flight was done in the downturn following 9/11.
Old May 3, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Is it just me, or is that interactive map just really crappy? You can't really see a "map" just find a country, and drill down from there.

Someone mentioned it elsewhere, but the fact that neither offers service to Santiago, Chile is I looked at possible routing to there for a work trip, and other than routing on Copa, you're left with OW alliance flights. So that's my vote - the rest of my needs are fairly well covered already, and additional options to Brazil get my ^
Old May 3, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: United Premier, AF/KLM, AA
IAH-JNB, I bet...eventually.
Old May 3, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DillonZavala
I would take this flight because there are a lot of energy industry folks in IAH flying to West Africa. Flight from IAH to JNB would make senses for connection with SA to other part of Africa. There is already a direct IAH to LAD (Luanda, Angola) all business class flight (MD-11) served by SonAir every other day.
Old May 3, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
EWR-BKK would be a great addition. As someone mentioned earlier, it would rival the EWR-SIN on Singapore Air as one of the longest flights ever. I never got to take advantage when Thai Air had their JFK-BKK route. They had to remove seats like Singapore Air did in order to lighten the load factor so the plane could fly that far. Too bad Thai Air killed that route. Probably in part their fault for refusing to market, codeshare or grant points with UA.

I also noted like others that the merger site is missing BKK, SIN, TPE, SGN, etc. Quite obviously the webbies used a quick & dirty CO interactive route map and forgot about UA's Asian direct & connecting flights from its NRT hub. The merger pdf has them all.
Old May 3, 2010, 4:15 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by DillonZavala
There was short lived Houston South Africa service in the 80s but apartheid (sanctions) ended it quickly. It would be nice to have it back.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/a...tal-emplo.html

Some reading from Smisek's letter to employees.

Ciao,
FH
Old May 4, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I would like to see more flights from Houston to the Caribbean.... on a more frequent basis... not just weekend flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.