Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Routes from CO's and UA's hubs?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Isn't LH putting the A380 on this run for the summer? Makes it highly unlikely UA would restart up its own flights.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:39 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Slim and none and slim has just left town?

With transatlantic ATI, if there is a new entrant for LAX-FRA, I would bet it 0% likelihood that it will be UA, unless DL or AA enters first. Then, UA could act as if they were doing it as a competitive response, when in fact they would be dumping capacity in order to drive down fares.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Isn't LH putting the A380 on this run for the summer? Makes it highly unlikely UA would restart up its own flights.
The A380 will be on the SFO-FRA route.

Since LH and UA have a JV on this route, I doubt there is enough demand to justify another flight.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP
According to Airlineroute.net UA is flying a 744 and a 777 on the SFO-FRA runs next summer. Although this could change at any time.

http://airlineroute.net/2011/02/28/uaco-s11-update2/
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
+1. What I don't understand is that, if there's enough traffic in the summer for a 777, why doesn't UA simply downgauge to a 767 in the winter?
While there may also be some technical limitations operating out of DEN, UA would also need to have the aircraft available and it only has 21 3-class 767-300s and they are among United's less fuel efficient aircraft. CO has 10 767-200 that are even worse and have been mentioned as likely to be retired. The other 14 are 2-class domestic aircraft, most often used to Hawaii. UA has 46 3-class 777s so there is more flexibility there.

UA also downguages other routes in the off season and I am sure that they are using the aircraft where they create the most revenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.