Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Routes from CO's and UA's hubs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Benny8444
I think CO is starting EWR-CAI soon and there is not enough traffic there yet for EWR and IAD to CAI

IAD-AMM would be good as the only flight is from JFK and ORD on Royal Jordanian
Delta also serves JFK-AMM.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by moondog
I think UA, with its current product, could actually compete with CX on that route, as long as the FAs treated passengers nicely.

Speaking of business class, UA has better seats and food.
My emphasis bolded: UA has better food than CX??

The HKG based FAs are awesome - one of the better bases for service.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by andrewwm
Unlikely. Last time UA tried LAX-HKG, they were running the plane half full most of the time. If the load was awful, you can bet the yield on that route was horrendous.
One data point, the LAX-HKG flight was flown when business travel was in the toilet.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nov11
My emphasis bolded: UA has better food than CX??

The HKG based FAs are awesome - one of the better bases for service.
Saying UA is better is a bit tricky because they also know how to dish up some unappetizing fare, but I'll stand by this statement because I've found CX food to be consistently bad of late. And, I'm not the only one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ome-about.html
Old Jan 2, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
when did UA last fly LAX-HKG?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: Fallen UA Premier Silver and one-time 1K, AA EXP, DL steerage
Originally Posted by CALMSP
when did UA last fly LAX-HKG?
This service was reinstated in early 2008 (approximately) and ran for perhaps 1 year; it was canned along with LAX-FRA, SFO-TPE, ORD-GIG (I think), and a few other long-haul routes.

Personally, I'd much rather see LAX-FRA reinstated.

Originally Posted by CALMSP
is the future IAH-JNB considered next 5 decades??!! All kidding aside, I dont see why there would be a connection there. Maybe from EWR, but I dont see IAH being brought on. And certainly not anytime in the next 5 years. Lack of a/c, and other destinations that have more ties to be linked up first.
I think there's a chance b/c South Africa is really starting to open up as an int'l business market. SAA already serves USA-JNB from both IAD and JFK, which is why I think an IAH-JNB service might make more sense than an EWR-JNB service. Could get UA traffic from LAX, SFO, and DEN in addition to the CO elites based in IAH.

PERSONALLY, I'd love to see a US carrier - anyone - service NBO (Nairobi), but JNB is better served as an int'l airport.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 3, 2011 at 5:43 am Reason: merge
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Just upgrade DEN-LHR from seasonal to year-round and I'll be happy.

Then it's just a matter of waiting on NH to start DEN-NRT...
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by char777
Just upgrade DEN-LHR from seasonal to year-round and I'll be happy.

Then it's just a matter of waiting on NH to start DEN-NRT...
+100

Besides flying LH DEN-FRA, it's a lot harder to get to Europe on UA/* from DEN.. You either have to fly to SFO or ORD/IAD. Keeping DEN-LHR as year round might let UA steal some pax from BA..
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: their are many of them
I would love to see a few new routes out of IAD .

GOD i would love IAD-HNL or IAD - OGG slim chance of that happening but whatever............... I will settle with IAD- TXL or soon to be BBI in Berlin perhaps UA wont add they could Bribe LH to bring it back. lol F

FACT
IAD-SLC
IAD-MSP
are both coming a bit interesting and stepping up to the plate to challnage DELTA curious to see how this fares.

I like to ski and with delta have nonstop it pains me not to do that but with UAL adding a route no question who i will take
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Keeping DEN-LHR as year round might let UA steal some pax from BA..
I could never wrap my mind around how UA can let BA, a competitor in a competing alliance, do so much business in their own hub. Yes, Bermuda II prevented UA from acting for many years, but there's now no excuse why that flight shouldn't be year-round. I don't like flying LH without E+ and connection and I don't like forking over the miles to BA. I'm just hoping that DEN-LHR will change to year-round as the merger progresses.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Add me in to the list of people who want DEN-LHR year-round and a DEN-NRT...for starters! I flew DEN-LHR and LHR-DEN and absolutely loved the convenience.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
IAD to BKK

Originally Posted by premierstudent
Now that the merger is official, what new routes do you think UA might consider operating?

Could UA fly non stop IAH-SYD? What about EWR-BKK? Since UA has landing slots at many airports in the Asia Pacific region it seems like there will be new opportunities to fly non-stop around the world from all over North America. I would also imagine with the 787s CO and UA have on order, there will be even more new routes announced in the coming months.
I'd like to see IAD to BKK. Currently, you must go through NRT.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Madisonman39
I'd like to see IAD to BKK. Currently, you must go through NRT.
Not until UA gets the 787, and even then EWR or SFO-BKK would seem much more likely.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by andrewwm
Not until UA gets the 787, and even then EWR or SFO-BKK would seem much more likely.
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if there were 1,000 more likely options ahead of IAD-BKK.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
I would love to see a few new routes out of IAD .

GOD i would love IAD-HNL or IAD - OGG slim chance of that happening but whatever............... I will settle with IAD- TXL or soon to be BBI in Berlin perhaps UA wont add they could Bribe LH to bring it back. lol F

FACT
IAD-SLC
IAD-MSP
are both coming a bit interesting and stepping up to the plate to challnage DELTA curious to see how this fares.

I like to ski and with delta have nonstop it pains me not to do that but with UAL adding a route no question who i will take

Speaking of IAD routes, I would love nothing more than to see IAD-OMA. I know for a fact 6 1P's and 1K's that would fly this route many times a year each!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.