Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by halls120
Yes, it lacks storage compared to other BF seats
If you don't have enough storage on this plane, you really are carrying on way too much. In the centre section, you basically get one entire bin per person.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If you don't have enough storage on this plane, you really are carrying on way too much. In the centre section, you basically get one entire bin per person.
I have to disagree. Where do you store a laptop? No cabinets or even a seat pocket which accommodates a laptop. The pre-merger United business class seats on the 3-class 767, 3-class 777 and 3-class 747 lack adequate storage space.

There are pros and cons to the various seats, but storage isn't a strong points of this seat type.

To the person traveling, I don't really have a problem with having someone facing me diagonally from 12+ feet away. Also I prefer the rear-facing seats. They're preferable for sleeping, since at altitude an airplane flies at an incline, which means your feet are slightly above your head if in a forward-facing seat.

Also if traveling in business on a 3-class 777 or 747, there's a good potential to be seated in a middle seat, especially or travelers purchasing last-minute tickets when after most window and aisle seats are taken.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iker
I have to disagree. Where do you store a laptop? No cabinets or even a seat pocket which accommodates a laptop. The pre-merger United business class seats on the 3-class 767, 3-class 777 and 3-class 747 lack adequate storage space.
For me, it goes in my laptop bag, which then goes underneth the foot ottoman. Sticks out a bit but not a big deal IMO.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I have to disagree. Where do you store a laptop?
In the overhead bin, where all your carry-on baggage belongs.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1.3 Million Mile, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President Circle, Global Entry
To be fair, the overhead bins for the center-section seats on the 767 are considerably smaller than for the window-section seats. It is not an issue for computer cases, most not-over-stuffed backpacks and the like, but it is regularly an issue for luggage carry-ons. As I don't normally carry on, I am fine keeping my brief case there with the blanket and pillow until I need them. The pre-merger CO BF seats provide more storage around the seat and the 777 has larger bins over the center-section seats. Those seats are on the newly redone 2-class 767-300s, where BF is 2-1-2 and all seats face forward

I am one who does not prefer the front-face/back-face arrangement and it is clearly a ymmv situation, but they are not a deal breaker or even a big deal, at the end of the day. I am less fond of the lack of separation between seat pairs side-by-side in the 2-2-2 BF config. Not as bad as the 2-4-2 config on the 777, though.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by SJU Abogado
Next week, I will be flying from a European city to EWR in BusinessFirst on a three class 767-300, on which aircraft I have never flown. A user comment in SeatGuru says as follows: “The business class seats are brutal. There's no under-seat storage so it's a struggle for everyone to get their stuff into the small overhead bins. And you sit facing two other people, playing footsie with them all night. I like the big monitor, and the seat is comfortable, but the 2-facing-2 configuration is just a total disaster.”

Thanks!
Yes, I saw that comment - total rubbish. The seats have tall partitions between them front and back, and you will certainly not be "playing footsie" with anyone!

I think the person may have been confused about which airline they were flying!

And regarding your question re the lavs, I believe that the ones for business are between business and economy (which is fine - they usually keep the curtains drawn).

And finally, on a day flight, I prefer any of the aisle seats. On a night flight, I prefer the window seat, although you will have to step high over a reclined person in the aisle seat next to you. This is not a problem if you are reasonably tall (over about 5'11"), and are in shape enough to stand on your toes whilst stepping over.

Have a nice flight- UA's 767 3-class business class is a nice ride!

Last edited by StingWest; Mar 2, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
13AB and 14AB for International Legs

I'm not sure if this is in the wiki or not. If it's an international flight under 8 hours and totally full, then the crew by contract needs to give up these crew rest seats. 13AB has extra leg room, extra recline, raising foot rests, and as mentioned gets fed from the business class catering (table cloth, pre-departure drinks, nuts, etc etc).

We booked late and business as already full before we started, so these seats were certainly the best coach seats I believe.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
For me, it goes in my laptop bag, which then goes underneth the foot ottoman. Sticks out a bit but not a big deal IMO.
You are not permitted to have anything under the ottoman during takeoff and landing.

The overhead bin for the center seat provides plenty of space.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:52 am

And what happens when you're stuck in a middle seat on the 777 or 747, as invariably happens when one books last-minute travel? The overheads are hardly adequate storage. Most business classes are outfitted with seat-side storage options.

Heck, even in coach on a narrow body we have the seat pocket where one can ostensibly place a small laptop. People may prefer pm-UA's business class seat, but they're not clamoring about the storage solutions. Perhaps the arrangement offers more opportunity to upgrade or has a wider footwell, but storage?

To the other poster who mentioned storage under the footwell: my neighbor in an upper-deck aisle seat beside me was told that he wasn't allowed to place his bag under to footwell during takeoff and landing. His bag didn't fit in the overhead so I offered to put it in the side bin beside me. Didn't fit so it went into the closet near the stairwell. Completely inadequate storage.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:56 am

^^

Originally Posted by adagio
To be fair, the overhead bins for the center-section seats on the 767 are considerably smaller than for the window-section seats. It is not an issue for computer cases, most not-over-stuffed backpacks and the like, but it is regularly an issue for luggage carry-ons.
Not up front - I regularly have an entire bin to myself when sitting in BF
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
And what happens when you're stuck in a middle seat on the 777 or 747, as invariably happens when one books last-minute travel? The overheads are hardly adequate storage. Most business classes are outfitted with seat-side storage options.
Given the length of the seats, at least on the 777 there's basically a large bin, if not 1.5 bins, to share between 2 pax. I've never had a problem getting everything up there.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
Given the length of the seats, at least on the 777 there's basically a large bin, if not 1.5 bins, to share between 2 pax. I've never had a problem getting everything up there.
Agreed. That's not the point. Sure, overheads work. The point is that the seats lack adequate seat-side storage that other seating arrangements offer. Stating that there's overhead space doesn't address the poster's original concern.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:10 pm

Agreed. That's not the point. Sure, overheads work. The point is that the seats lack adequate seat-side storage that other seating arrangements offer. Stating that there's overhead space doesn't address the poster's original concern.
If one has adequate overhead storage space, why does the lack of side seat storage matter?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:08 am

763 1A vs 1K TATL flight

Seatguru and UA have different maps and I assume the latter is correct.

In 1A, are there two lavs directly in front of you and are you going to hear flushing all night? Do J passengers have access to them?

In 1K, is the galley that "noisy" per seatguru? I have no idea if that section also caters J.

Just looking for a couple opinions to make an informed selection.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i have no experience in 767 F cabin, but IIRC the catering for BF (J cabin) comes out of the mid-cabin galley near row 10. J pax do not have access to the lav in the F cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.