Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
IIRC, 2K is blocked as the pilots rest on international flights.

This thread offers some suggestions about the best seats in F on the 763.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...iguration.html
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
1K is secluded due to the center row of suites being open on the left hand side and not good for traveling with someone (great if by yourself). 2K is usually blocked as a crew rest.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:42 pm

Thankyou !

I changed our seats to 2A/2C - that way we're not directly next to the restroom, and our seats are open next to each other. Great advice - thankyou.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AltQuark
Thankyou !

I changed our seats to 2A/2C - that way we're not directly next to the restroom, and our seats are open next to each other. Great advice - thankyou.
For anyone else reading the thread, 1A is not really near the lav- the lav is quite far away and could be mistaken for a closet. It's really tucked away.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Know 2K is blocked, but on what length/duration of flights do they not use it for crew rest? If F booked full, is row 6 use for crew rest instead?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paullevi
Know 2K is blocked, but on what length/duration of flights do they not use it for crew rest? If F booked full, is row 6 use for crew rest instead?
2k is always used/blocked. There are only 5 F seats on the 767. The pilots will use it for the majority of the flight after reaching cruising altitude and about 1 hour before arrival. They alternate between each other.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
UA 767 Internations row 13 and 14

Does anyone know if these open up for domestic runs? Do I need to see an agent?

These are the crew seats with footrests. I dont believe they use them on domestic Runs.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Yes, they do open for domestic runs, but I'm not sure exactly when. My guess is either at the airport or w/in 24hrs of the flight, but again, that's just a guess.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by XLR26
Yes, they do open for domestic runs, but I'm not sure exactly when. My guess is either at the airport or w/in 24hrs of the flight, but again, that's just a guess.
There have been reports that on domestic flights, these seats have been selectable at booking but as always, ymmv
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
When I've been lucky enough to fly a 67I on a domestic run, the GAs have always assigned 13 & 14 right before departure. I'd suggest you visit them about 15 minutes before boarding begins to check on the seats, if you weren't able to select them online or at check-in.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Yes, the crew rest seats do open up for domestic routes. However, I could be wrong, but I thought they are considered as part of business class cabin, not economy. You get all the amenities (meals and drinks), just not the lay flat seat and AVOD IFE.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
Whenever I've flown international configuration on a domestic flight, those seats have always been empty and the FAs were using them as makeshift counter space for PDBs, etc. This has always been with full C and what I'm assuming was a full Y cabin.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Yes, the crew rest seats do open up for domestic routes. However, I could be wrong, but I thought they are considered as part of business class cabin, not economy. You get all the amenities (meals and drinks), just not the lay flat seat and AVOD IFE.
Correct. They'll be given C service, although they are missing the AVOD.

I don't recall seeing IFE screens built into those seats. Are they missing the screens, or just located in the armrest?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
I had a recent 907 ORD-SFO where they opened up right at T-24. It was a packed flight so it may depend on how booked a flight is.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Correct. They'll be given C service, although they are missing the AVOD.

I don't recall seeing IFE screens built into those seats. Are they missing the screens, or just located in the armrest?
Old style armrest video screen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.