Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Just want to confirm that the crew rest seats (13AB, 14AB) are still treated as J for soft-product stuff -- can anyone confirm?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:00 am
RNE

Originally Posted by ChiFly
Seat Guru shows that 20A does not recline. Why would the second row of exit seats not recline? Anyone have any experience on 767-300 ORD-LHR Seat 20A on United?
Row 20 is the first "row of exit seats". That, of course, is why it has limited recline.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Just want to confirm that the crew rest seats (13AB, 14AB) are still treated as J for soft-product stuff -- can anyone confirm?
To answer my own question: YES! Best experience I've ever had in Y. Full J drinks and meal service, including PDB, nuts, and sundae. Seats (at least in row 14) had an insane amount of recline, and a footrest. Nicer blanket and pillow, as with J.

Those around me were surprised.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:21 am

Hi all,

I'm flying EWR-CDG on a 767-300 in July, and shocked to discover economy seats have "personal video" as opposed to AVOD...

Does that really mean what I think? Videos playing on a loop with no control by the pax?
I haven't flown UA in a while, but I didn't think this was still possible...

Let me know if I'm mistaken!
Thanks,
Ben.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Benjh
Hi all,

I'm flying EWR-CDG on a 767-300 in July, and shocked to discover economy seats have "personal video" as opposed to AVOD...

Does that really mean what I think? Videos playing on a loop with no control by the pax?
I haven't flown UA in a while, but I didn't think this was still possible...

Let me know if I'm mistaken!
Thanks,
Ben.
Are you on the two class or the three class? If it's a three class 763, that's correct, looped video. UA did not upgrade the Y entertainment systems when it renovated the interiors. The 2 class 763s do have AVOD.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by Kacee
Are you on the two class or the three class? If it's a three class 763, that's correct, looped video. UA did not upgrade the Y entertainment systems when it renovated the interiors. The 2 class 763s do have AVOD.
So the 763s on the LHR route have looped videos? I am pretty sure I was on one several months ago from LHR which had AVOD - does that mean it was a two class (might well have been as was the time some 752s were being substituted occasionally with 763)?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ani90
So the 763s on the LHR route have looped videos? I am pretty sure I was on one several months ago from LHR which had AVOD - does that mean it was a two class (might well have been as was the time some 752s were being substituted occasionally with 763)?
UA is currently flying both two and three-class 763s to LHR. Right now the EWR flights are operated with the three-class. If you were on a 763 with AVOD in Y, it was a two-class.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:16 am

Yeah it's a three-class... Well, that's depressing.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ani90
I flew EWR-LHR last Friday, it was looped videos. Honestly the movie/TV choice was craptacular. Also, the video screens are tiny with poor resolution. When looking at the flight map, I could barely read the city names. Compared to the international 757, this was a real step down. The only perk is that since the economy seating is 2-3-2, I could sit with my husband without 1 of us being in a middle seat.

Also, overhead storage is a joke. Most rollerbags will only fit if you turn them sideways, and the bins can't hold 2 sideways rollerbags, so most people in boarding group 5 had to check their carry-on rollerbags.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
My EWR-CDG flight in December has been changed from a 3-class 763 (when I made the reservation) to a 752 a few months later and is now a 2-class 763.

From the seat map, it looks like it has the same BF seats as the sCO 772's and 752's. Having a large footwell is important to me. Is row 1 the only row on this type of aircraft that would have them?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
My EWR-CDG flight in December has been changed from a 3-class 763 (when I made the reservation) to a 752 a few months later and is now a 2-class 763.

From the seat map, it looks like it has the same BF seats as the sCO 772's and 752's. Having a large footwell is important to me. Is row 1 the only row on this type of aircraft that would have them?
The thread you're looking for is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nal-cabin.html
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:32 am

Yes first row only.

That's an upgrade. BF in the three-class is ridiculously crowded.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:39 pm

Yes first row only.

That's an upgrade. BF in the three-class is ridiculously crowded.
Thanks.

Selecting 1KL then. How much of a problem are the galley and lavs? Are they too close?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:43 pm

Thanks.

Selecting 1KL then. How much of a problem are the galley and lavs? Are they too close?
That's always the trade-off with the bulkhead seats. Which is likely to bother you more - a tiny footwell or galley light/noise? The former is guaranteed in non-bulkhead seats, the latter is just a risk.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:57 pm

That's always the trade-off with the bulkhead seats. Which is likely to bother you more - a tiny footwell or galley light/noise? The former is guaranteed in non-bulkhead seats, the latter is just a risk.
Good point. I'll take bulkhead + eye shades.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.