Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by COIAHLGW
Does anybody happen to remember or have pictures of the location of the power outlet in business of the PMUA 763 please? I see many seat pictures but none of them show the location of the outlet!
Center console between the seats at knee level(?)
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: One or two :)
Thank you FriendlySkies and USFdonWill for the reminder! No wonder there aren't any/many pictures of it then!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
UA 908 AMS ORD seating for two

What is the best seating for two passengers on UA 908 AMS ORD. It's reversed seating. Should we seat across or in front of each other?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Next to each other. If you sit across from each other, you'll have to shout over the aisle. If you sit in front of each other, you'll have to shout over the entertainment/footrest unit.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, *G, Global Entry
What cabin? In J you want side by side. Doesn't matter whether you're facing forward or back. The "facing" seats can't see each other - the base of the pods are in between.

I don't know what's best in F, those are huge pods. But they're all forward facing. Y is pretty standard - I'd take a window pair.

Just did that flight last month. In J.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
OP says "reversed seating," so I presume referring to J
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM, *G, Global Entry
Originally Posted by joshwex90
OP says "reversed seating," so I presume referring to J
I was thinking that too, but he didn't list "side by side" as an option, so it wasn't really clear.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
Originally Posted by follonica2
I'm booked on the 3class 767, ORD/CDG and return. United.com's seat map shows rows 19ABJK and 20ABJK as limited recline. Seatguru does not. I was on these a couple times pre-merger and what is now row 20 reclined normally, while 19 did not.

Have these rows been reconfigured or just renumbered?
I'm wondering the same thing. I understand why row 19 has limited recline on the 767-300; otherwise it would recline into row 20, which is also an exit row. But row 20 reclines into row 21, which is not an exit row. SeatGuru does not indicate row 20 as limited recline, and analogous configurations (e.g., 757-200) do not have limited recline in the second exit row. Nevertheless, UA shows row 20 as limited recline.

What is the real story with row 20 on the three-class 767?

Marc
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
flying UA946 and 908 to and from ORD/AMS. i assume the middle row of BF is the place to be, given the easy aisle access?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:17 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by ddrost1
flying UA946 and 908 to and from ORD/AMS. i assume the middle row of BF is the place to be, given the easy aisle access?
Correct. Some say you get bumped a lot, having aisles on both sides, but I have not found this to be the case. Enjoy your flight.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
E- Seat Recommendations, UA987 8/23/13

As a not-so-seasoned flyer, I always pick a middle row towards the back of a 767-300 in the hopes I can get it to myself and stretch out overnight. My wife and I are flying on one (UA987, ORD-CDG) this Friday and it occurred to me one of my kind co-forumites might be able to give me more precise information than I can find from the unreliable seat map.

If anyone can suggest specific rows which stand a good chance of being empty on this Friday's flight, I'm grateful in advance. I don't want to use miles or dollars for an upgrade.

Thanks,
-AJ
non-status this year
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Given it is prime travel season to Europe, and most UA flights to Europe during this time are packed, there will likely be very few, if any, seats open on your flight. Much less a whole row in E-.

Be ready to be packed in! If anything opens up I recommend choosing two seats on either outside row. They are nice for couples flying together.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I'm with JDS747: Paris in August? Expect a full flight!
UPDATE: A quick look online shows F and C/J almost full and a few E+ seats open. Nothing in E-, though UA still selling a couple of T fares.
And you can look in here

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Aug 21, 2013 at 2:33 pm Reason: added load details, thread link
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by JDS747
Given it is prime travel season to Europe, and most UA flights to Europe during this time are packed, there will likely be very few, if any, seats open on your flight. Much less a whole row in E-.

Be ready to be packed in! If anything opens up I recommend choosing two seats on either outside row. They are nice for couples flying together.
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
I'm with JDS747: Paris in August? Expect a full flight!
UPDATE: A quick look online shows F and C/J almost full and a few E+ seats open. Nothing in E-, though UA still selling a couple of T fares.
And you can look in here
Thanks to both of you. I didn't mention that I originally had the two aisle seats in the middle section, hoping the center seat would be empty. Unfortunately I lost my seat assignment when a phone agent updated my name on the reservation (at my request) to match my passport. The agent didn't mention I'd lose my seat at the time and, by the time I noticed, it was gone.

I'll try to nab a pair of outside-row seats at T-24.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'm flying 909 ORD AMS in J debating what seat to pick. I'm thinking rear facing and C or H to get easy aisle access ? Any suggestions? J is wide open...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.