Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Post in the thread with a comprehensive summary of best E+ seats

This thread is about the 2-class pmUA 767-300. Link to the 3-class pmUA 767-300 thread.
and the newest 763 config discussion is in 767-300 v3 -- Polaris seat

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:08 pm

The pictures show that they have new bins and great new economy seats. Good job UA.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
The pictures show that they have new bins and great new economy seats. Good job UA.
The interior of the reconfigured 763s will look exactly like the reconfigured 764s.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The interior of the reconfigured 763s will look exactly like the reconfigured 764s.
I saw them. It looks really nice! Now its going to kill me brain whenever I get to fly in one. It looks just like Continental on the inside and out. I'm going o have to keep telling myself. This is a sUA plane. It one thing for the outside to be painted, I'm not looking at that for hours on end. Every time I see that seat pattern I always think of CO. It going to be interesting fly in a sUA bird ticked out like CO.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by CO777DAL
I saw them. It looks really nice! Now its going to kill me brain whenever I get to fly in one. It looks just like Continental on the inside and out. I'm going o have to keep telling myself. This is a sUA plane. It one thing for the outside to be painted, I'm not looking at that for hours on end. Every time I see that seat pattern I always think of CO. It going to be interesting fly in a sUA bird ticked out like CO.
Yes they look exactly like the interior of the refurbished 764 minus a couple of doors. And I saw the pics as well they look really nice. I'm sure if the sUA FA's working that trip today didnt see a pic before hand were shocked to step onboard the aircraft and see the Continental style interior I wonder how the pax liked that flight.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I see everyone likes these updates to the "ghetto birds' but to me, it kinda sucks. It would be great if they were updating them BUT KEEPING THEM ON THE SAME ROUTES (LAX-HNL etc) but they are going int which is just turning UA planes into 2 cabin int CO planes on routes that should have 3 cabin service
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I see everyone likes these updates to the "ghetto birds' but to me, it kinda sucks. It would be great if they were updating them BUT KEEPING THEM ON THE SAME ROUTES (LAX-HNL etc) but they are going int which is just turning UA planes into 2 cabin int CO planes on routes that should have 3 cabin service
Yes, the swaps of the 763s out for the 752 and 753s (or 737s) on the Hawaii routes are big downers...
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
First

I think the UA business seat is a bit better than CO's and I would be upset if mu seat was change to this.

Second, where are these planes going? Are they expanding International service (where) or are they pulling the 757's from international and reconfiguring for domestic? 14 planes seems like a great deal of expanding.

I will miss theghetto birds. They served me well from, ord-sfo, lax, den. Also, my flights from lax-ogg, hnl. Always picked the 767 late flight instead of the 757.

I remember flying 767-200 and DC-10's from ord-ind, dtw. I miss those days.

We will see the Hawaii flights going down to 757-300, then 737's. I would prefer to keep my ghetto bird for my west coast Hawaii trips.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Personally, I never understood why an airline that was constrained from growing its most profitable routes due to a lack of widebodies would keep two dozen of them flying leisure routes and hub-to-hub routes.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by jmr50
Personally, I never understood why an airline that was constrained from growing its most profitable routes due to a lack of widebodies would keep two dozen of them flying leisure routes and hub-to-hub routes.
Widebodies still remain on quite a few hub to hub routings: EWR-IAH/SFO, IAH-SFO, IAD-LAX, DEN-IAD/ORD, IAD-ORD etc. That's still impressive enough.

LAX-Hawaii was a bombarded leisure filled market with tons of comp upgraders. A 757 on the route is fine but a 738/739 is a stretch. Wouldn't want to be on one of those planes with the DTV charge.

More importantly, SFO-HNL still has 777s on the route and DEN/IAD/EWR/IAH/ORD to HNL are 777 and 764. Really it's only LAX that is truly affected.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
. A 757 on the route is fine but a 738/739 is a stretch. Wouldn't want to be on one of those planes with the DTV charge.
Is the issue the IFE or the aircraft? And given that the fuselage on the 73s and 75s is basically the exact same size, what's the difference?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Looks good inside and out. And business class is 2 1 2; it's the return of the "Captain Kirk Seat" in the middle, a feature the old 767 200/300s had in first class!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, American Advantage
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...485568/#menu34

Rejoice in the fact that the Ghetto Birds are on their way out and brand new birds with flat beds are taking their place!
Are you serious? They are replacing 3 class aircraft. UA J and F is much better then the premium class on this plane. Economy looks nicer, but they chose to install the most uncomfortable coach seat which is hard. CO has one of the worst coach seats in the indusrty in terms of comfort and I can't believe they chose it.

Also, you must not fly between the LAX and Hawaii. The 757-300 is the new ghetto bird and it is much worse the the 767-300 in coach. When PMUA flew the route I new I could get 2-3-2 in coach with E+. It is much nicer then 3-3 on the old 757-300. What a huge downgrade for PMUA flyers who are used to having an F class option and appreciate seat comfort in coach.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I think the UA business seat is a bit better than CO's and I would be upset if mu seat was change to this.
The deal's done, but I agree that I prefer the PMUA seat over PMCO.

I will miss theghetto birds. They served me well from, ord-sfo, lax, den. Also, my flights from lax-ogg, hnl. Always picked the 767 late flight instead of the 757.
It's funny how many people complained about the ghetto birds before this.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
The deal's done, but I agree that I prefer the PMUA seat over PMCO.

It's funny how many people complained about the ghetto birds before this.
Ha.. Yes, I know the deal is done. The PMUA seat is much softer and easier to sleep in. Which I've enjoyed several times. The 2 2 2 was not bad on the 767. Probably my favorite plane..

And yes, everyone complained about the ghetto birds, but after being on an AA 767 ORD-LAX, those are ghetto birds.. Nothing like boarding a widebody and will miss it on domestic runs..

But does anyone have an idea of where these birds are going and what they are replacing? I'm guessing IAD-CDG, will eventually get one. Will they use the 757's for domestic routes? If they take 14 757's away and replace with 767's then the 757's are going to new smaller cities, (south america) or do domestic runs.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:56 am

Ha.. Yes, I know the deal is done. The PMUA seat is much softer and easier to sleep in. Which I've enjoyed several times. The 2 2 2 was not bad on the 767. Probably my favorite plane..

And yes, everyone complained about the ghetto birds, but after being on an AA 767 ORD-LAX, those are ghetto birds.. Nothing like boarding a widebody and will miss it on domestic runs..

But does anyone have an idea of where these birds are going and what they are replacing? I'm guessing IAD-CDG, will eventually get one. Will they use the 757's for domestic routes? If they take 14 757's away and replace with 767's then the 757's are going to new smaller cities, (south america) or do domestic runs.
The reconfigured 763s will takeover some EWR-europe routes from the 757s, will fly deep south america routes, also some ORD-europe runs I believe. The first one is mostly flying ORD-AMS-ORD this week.

Originally Posted by TWAWORLD
Are you serious? They are replacing 3 class aircraft. UA J and F is much better then the premium class on this plane. Economy looks nicer, but they chose to install the most uncomfortable coach seat which is hard. CO has one of the worst coach seats in the indusrty in terms of comfort and I can't believe they chose it.

Also, you must not fly between the LAX and Hawaii. The 757-300 is the new ghetto bird and it is much worse the the 767-300 in coach. When PMUA flew the route I new I could get 2-3-2 in coach with E+. It is much nicer then 3-3 on the old 757-300. What a huge downgrade for PMUA flyers who are used to having an F class option and appreciate seat comfort in coach.
Actually only the domestic 763s are getting reconfigured to the 2 class BusinessFirst configuration, the 3-class 763s are staying as is. Also the seats on the reconfigured 763s, are an entirely different seat then the ones oh say used on an sCO 752, or sCO 777. The seats being used on the reconfigured 763s are the same exact ones as the ones being used on the reconfigured sCO 764s.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 11, 2012 at 10:50 am Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.