Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Post in the thread with a comprehensive summary of best E+ seats

This thread is about the 2-class pmUA 767-300. Link to the 3-class pmUA 767-300 thread.
and the newest 763 config discussion is in 767-300 v3 -- Polaris seat

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
The only routes the 2-2-2 (not 2-2-1, btw) birds fly are Canadian transcon (they used to fly TATL seasonly but not anymore), and there are only three of them left in the fleet.

It's AC's equivalent of the Ghetto Bird...
They're still showing up on YYZ-BCN - just saw them in search results.
Old May 27, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
All of the AC 767's flying TATL are 1-1-1.
Oops, you're right. I guess their 2-2-1 were all reconfigured into the 1-1-1.

The only routes the 2-2-2 (not 2-2-1, btw) birds fly are Canadian transcon (they used to fly TATL seasonly but not anymore), and there are only three of them left in the fleet.

It's AC's equivalent of the Ghetto Bird...
However, the seating charts for AC 767's still say:
"New cabin interior - featuring personal touch-screen TVs or lie-flat Executive First Suites - is not available on select flights operated by three B767-300 (763) aircraft between certain Canadian cities and Athens, Barcelona, Cancun, Dublin, Honolulu/Oahu, Madrid, Maui/Kahului, Montego Bay, Punta Cana, Santa Clara and Varadero."

And, as always, "(This list is subject to change without prior notice). "
Old May 28, 2012, 8:43 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by golfingboy
It was originally supposed to start flying the ORD-AMS route on 6/21 IIRC, but it got bumped to 6/7... glx will be on the first ORD-AMS flight with the new seats
ON IT!
Old May 30, 2012, 6:06 pm

Reconfigured sUA 763s

I just received word that the reconfigured sUA 763s interior will look exactly like sCO 764s. Galleys, Sidewalls, Lavs, bulkheads, AVOD systems, all the way down to the seat covers will look exactly like sCO, even the FA jumpseats will have the blue fabric on them from what i hear.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
I just received word that the reconfigured sUA 763s interior will look exactly like sCO 764s. Galleys, Sidewalls, Lavs, bulkheads, AVOD systems, all the way down to the seat covers will look exactly like sCO, even the FA jumpseats will have the blue fabric on them from what i hear.
Exactly like sCO? How shocking
Old May 31, 2012, 12:30 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Thanks for sharing, now we need you to get some word of when that 763 is returning from HKG

I suspect sometime late this weekend in time for ORD-AMS on 6/7...
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:17 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Thanks for sharing, now we need you to get some word of when that 763 is returning from HKG

I suspect sometime late this weekend in time for ORD-AMS on 6/7...
6/7 seat diagram is showing old config 767-300 now with F and C cabins. Interestingly enough, I can't seem to book or upgrade to the F cabin, so it would seem as though they're possibly holding out hope that they pull through and get the equipment there.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by glx
6/7 seat diagram is showing old config 767-300 now with F and C cabins. Interestingly enough, I can't seem to book or upgrade to the F cabin, so it would seem as though they're possibly holding out hope that they pull through and get the equipment there.
First flight with the new 2-class seat map is now on 6/27.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
First flight with the new 2-class seat map is now on 6/27.
First flight is actually the 8th
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:37 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by glx
A mechanic mentioned that the ETR is 6/8 a few days ago, but I was doubtful, because at the time UA.com still had the new config in the system for ORD-AMS on the 7th... Looks like it got delayed by one day, so that means glx won't be able to take pictures for us Unless he SDCs or change his flight to the 8th
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold

Originally Posted by glx
A mechanic mentioned that the ETR is 6/8 a few days ago, but I was doubtful, because at the time UA.com still had the new config in the system for ORD-AMS on the 7th... Looks like it got delayed by one day, so that means glx won't be able to take pictures for us Unless he SDCs or change his flight to the 8th
I can confirm that the flight was pushed back a day.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:02 am
glx

Given my meetings are on the 7th I'd be creating my own trip in vain... no thanks

Last edited by glx; Jun 3, 2012 at 10:22 am
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by UA767400
I can confirm that the flight was pushed back a day.
Pity, I'm missing it by 2 days.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
One Ghetto Bird down, 13 still flying

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...485568/#menu34

Rejoice in the fact that the Ghetto Birds are on their way out and brand new birds with flat beds are taking their place!
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18725356-post923.html for its schedule for the next week and more (seat maps,...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.