FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/467343-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-763-reconfig2-class-international.html)

fly747first Aug 29, 2005 2:55 am

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Hello flyers. Would any of you share your opinions regarding row 1 of UA 2-class 767-300s? I consulted seatguru and seatexpert but there seems to be some conflicting information. Do 1A & 1B really have such poor leg room? I'm only 5'8''.

clifford Aug 29, 2005 3:42 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
Hello flyers. Would any of you share your opinions regarding row 1 of UA 2-class 767-300s? I consulted seatguru and seatexpert but there seems to be some conflicting information. Do 1A & 1B really have such poor leg room? I'm only 5'8''.

I'm not very tall either, and I have never had a problem with seat 1A on these 767's.

Wouldn't sit anywhere else on these aircraft, actually.

kevanyalowitz Aug 29, 2005 5:57 am

I have sat in the middle section of row 1 before. Not great, but not bad.

ualisthebst Aug 29, 2005 6:05 am

1AB have OK legroom, it's nothing special, but nothing like seatguru makes it out to be. I'm 5'9" and have no problems in this row.

(FYI- You are able to put your feet up on the magazine/safety card holder which makes for a somewhat comfortable footrest)

-Ualisthebst

Pat89339 Aug 29, 2005 7:25 am

I called United last night to change my upgraded seats to my preferred row 1 on the 2-class 767 for a trip in November. The CSR commented that she has never had anyone request those seats; people usually call to change their seats when they are assigned to them. I prefer 1E or 1F because I am not inclined to look out the window and I prefer that no one steps over me to get in or out of their seat on a long flight. I'm just quirky that way. :p

Lori_Q Aug 29, 2005 7:35 am

I like window bulkhead seats, so I've sat in this row a number of times. The legroom is fine, but not expansive. It's certainly not as bad as row 1 on the smaller aircraft like the 737 or 319. I was on the latter last night; the best seat for legroom is bulkhead row 6 in Coach.

HeadInTheClouds Aug 29, 2005 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Lori_Q
the best seat for legroom is bulkhead row 6 in Coach.

This is truly the one UA aircraft that I just don't upgrade on. The difference between the E+ & F seat on this plane is so minimal as to almost be a wash for me. & as indicated, Row 6 is actually better than any F seat for legroom. I usually choose an aisle E+ in the center section and hope for an empty middle. If I get that, I would call E+ superior to F.

As for Row 1, I agree with those that say it's the only place to be in F. The rest of the seats are incredibly tight for an F cabin.

SEA_Tigger Aug 29, 2005 9:39 am

Hello flyers. Would any of you share your opinions regarding row 1 of UA 2-class 767-300s?

Certainly. ;)

Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the 757/767
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394269

I was in 1E on a 763 on Friday DEN-ORD and 21B on ORD-SEA.

I was more comfortable in 21B, even though the flight was twice as long. The seat is only an inch narrower in Economy, and the legroom is twice as much.

Row 1 on the 767 is not as bad as 1CD on the 757, but honestly you have as much room in 21DEF - and that is bulkhead E-. I usually avoid upgrading if I have 21ABHJ. I did it DEN-ORD just to get off faster (cause it takes a while from Row 21), but it was for the convenience of getting off five minutes earlier, not the value of being in First.

Obviously, 21ABHJ is where you want to be, with 20ABHJ being the backup.

SFOChump Aug 29, 2005 10:53 am

I've sat in 1H on this plane and found it rather cramped. There wasn't adequate space for me to stretch out my legs at all and my feet were pinned up against the bulkhead for most of the flight. Also, I'm only about 5'11''.

C5Driver Mar 25, 2012 7:28 pm

PMUA 767-300 Reconfiguration From Domestic to BusinessFirst/International Cabin

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this. I know there was talk of reconfiguring the PMUA 2 cabin 767s with BusinessFirst flatbed seats. Not sure when or if this is happening, but I had a trip booked ORD-AMS in June on a 3 cabin 767-300 in C with a GPU to F and all of a sudden the airplane changed to a 2 cabin 767-300. The configuration doesn't match anything on the UA website or on seatguru. It's configured 30 and 184 at least on the seat map my reservation shows.

Anyone have any info?

UA767400 Mar 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by C5Driver (Post 18272625)
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this. I know there was talk of reconfiguring the PMUA 2 cabin 767s with BusinessFirst flatbed seats. Not sure when or if this is happening, but I had a trip booked ORD-AMS in June on a 3 cabin 767-300 in C with a GPU to F and all of a sudden the airplane changed to a 2 cabin 767-300. The configuration doesn't match anything on the UA website or on seatguru. It's configured 30 and 184 at least on the seat map my reservation shows.

Anyone have any info?

https://sites.google.com/site/theunitedairlinesfleet/ (I created this site)

Also the United Airlines fleet update thread are good sources.

This site I created goes over the UA fleet info. The first 763 2 class is in Hong kong for the
modification. Sounds like that it is the newly configured bird.

C5Driver Mar 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks. Great site. I'm guessing that the flight is indeed the new configuration. It's 908 on 21 June if anyone wants to see the seat map. Not happy that you can potentially see a plane change from a 3 cabin 767 to a 2 cabin 767 on a 9 hour flight. Yet another change I don't like.

That being said the old ghetto birds needed to be updated just not substituted for 3 cabin airplanes.

UA767400 Mar 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by C5Driver (Post 18272826)
Thanks. Great site. I'm guessing that the flight is indeed the new configuration. It's 908 on 21 June if anyone wants to see the seat map. Not happy that you can potentially see a plane change from a 3 cabin 767 to a 2 cabin 767 on a 9 hour flight. Yet another change I don't like.

That being said the old ghetto birds needed to be updated just not substituted for 3 cabin airplanes.

Thanks! I know what you mean. It will have the same IFE (AVOD and all seats power ports which won't require a converter) but at least they will have lie flat seats.
Have a good flight, and let me know if there is something you would like to see on the site!

golfingboy Mar 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Nice! It is good to see that the seat map for the new configuration PMUA ghetto birds have been updated!

I am flying to IST in September about 1 or 2 weeks after the route goes from a 764 to a 763 and UA's press release when they announced the route said this route will be using the reconfigured 763s.

The seat maps, however, still show the IPTE 763s, not the 2 class 763s.

I hope that will change, because that will mean more C inventory, which means a slightly better chance that R space will open up :D

ETA: They also are not selling any F seat even though the system has the PMUA IPTE 763s my flight. Pretty good indicator they are expecting this route to get the 2 class bird. The question is, when will the system be updated to reflect the 2 class 763 seat map?

LIH Prem Mar 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by C5Driver (Post 18272826)

A lot of people are reporting issues with the seat maps right now. I wouldn't make any assumptions based on what you are seeing right now.

-David