Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Post in the thread with a comprehensive summary of best E+ seats

This thread is about the 2-class pmUA 767-300. Link to the 3-class pmUA 767-300 thread.
and the newest 763 config discussion is in 767-300 v3 -- Polaris seat

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Apparently (according to A.net) the 6 domestic 777's and 3 int'l non IPTE sUA 777's are getting reconfigured with 2-2-2 p.s. business seats and 3-3-3 non AVOD coach seats in a 2 class config. Anyone confirm/deny this?
(Link?) Edit: found it. Here's what they said:

3 of the 777s remaining in the old non-IPTE longhaul layout will be converted to this new configuration along with all 6 domestic 777-222s, for a total of 9 ships. It will involve an undisclosed number of refurbished former United Business recliner seats (the previous generation, also p.s. business) at 2-2-2 abreast with 55" pitch. Y will also receive new seats and a 3-3-3 arrangement. No PTVs, but these birds will have new streaming content and satellite wi-fi. My guess is they'll move some interior fittings around to get the configuration to 30J, although 24J would fit within the existing cabin footprint.

The speculation is that the rest of the 767-400s in the high density configuration (76H) will be converted to the international standard and these 777s will go into service on HNL-SFO/ORD/IAH/IAD/EWR/GUM, GUM-NRT, plus select domestic turns.
This is information that I have been given from a FA

Airbus Aircraft:
All will have the closets removed, forward aft galley module will be removed. 2nd oven will be reinstalled in F, 2 ovens will be reinstalled in Y. Will not receive DirecTV or In seat video. Mods to begin next year.

B777-200 sUA
3 current 3 cabin sUA 777s will be reconfigured to 2-cabin configuration. Will receive old sUA Business Class seats. Y configurations will be new seats in a 3x3x3 configuration, J will be in 2x2x2 configuration.

B767-300 sUA
all 14 domestic 763s to be completed by January. 1 3-cabin 763 to be converted to 2-cabin international configuration.

B757-200 sUA
all to get a cabin refresh including new lavs with changing tables. Only PS aircraft will receive inseat video. All other aircraft will not receive DirecTV or Inseat video.

Last edited by UAL4life; Jun 14, 2012 at 10:02 am
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by UAL4life
Link?
Appears to be internal, but not privileged at the moment. Somewhat widely disclosed on a number of sites.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EWR764
Appears to be internal, but not privileged at the moment. Somewhat widely disclosed on a number of sites.
Including this one.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post18753019
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
So it seems that UA has chosen to install the BA Aerospace seats in new configurations; has there been any word on when these seats will find their way into PMCO aircraft that are still using the old Koito seats? I would have thought the airline had been given some kind of deadline by the FAA for replacing the improperly certified Koito equipment in the mainline fleet.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
I would have thought the airline had been given some kind of deadline by the FAA for replacing the improperly certified Koito equipment in the mainline fleet.
Turns out that the airline has really good lobbyists.

They won't be able to install the seats new but they have up to 6 years to replace Koito seats per the FAA.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:17 pm

(Link?) Edit: found it. Here's what they said:
Does that mean that cheeseburgers will be available for BOB in Y on the 320's soon?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Does anyone know if the new config 763 is being crewed by PMUA or PMCO? Would probably require new training for the PMUA folk no?

(Yes I know PMUA aircraft are crewed by PMUA, I guess the real question is where does the new config put the aircraft? IE: Is it defined by the tail number or by the configuration?)

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Does that mean that cheeseburgers will be available for BOB in Y on the 320's soon?
I'm crossing my fingures!

Last edited by UAL4life; Jun 14, 2012 at 6:03 pm
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:13 pm

Does anyone know if the new config 763 is being crewed by PMUA or PMCO? Would probably require new training for the PMUA folk no?

(Yes I know PMUA aircraft are crewed by PMUA, I guess the real question is where does the new config put the aircraft? IE: Is it defined by the tail number or by the configuration?)

I'm crossing my fingures!
The new 763 configuration is being crewed by sUA crew. And yet again the aircraft went tech. Was supposed to fly 909 AMS-ORD, 908 ORD-AMS today, but returned back to the gate in AMS. The tail #is 6674 so it's defined by the configuration. Being 30J/49Y+/135Y-.

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Yes when the ovens are installed in Y on the Airbus aircraft, that means a hot meal option will be available on sUA flights. Breakfast flights will see the hot breakfast sandwich, Lunch/Dinner flights will see the cheeseburger.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 14, 2012 at 6:59 pm Reason: merge
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Apparently (according to A.net) the 6 domestic 777's and 3 int'l non IPTE sUA 777's are getting reconfigured with 2-2-2 p.s. business seats and 3-3-3 non AVOD coach seats in a 2 class config. Anyone confirm/deny this?
(bolded) is pretty sucktastic
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
(bolded) is pretty sucktastic
If they pull 3 777s from the 3-cabin config and upgrade 4 764s to the new 2-cabin config is it really all that bad? Yeah, there's no F in them, but more routes/flights can be operated with the new seats this way. Not completely awful.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
If they pull 3 777s from the 3-cabin config and upgrade 4 764s to the new 2-cabin config is it really all that bad? Yeah, there's no F in them, but more routes/flights can be operated with the new seats this way. Not completely awful.
Is there not a widebody shortage now with this combined airline? Especially with 762s getting phased out and 787s not exactly arriving quickly?

Seems shortsighted IMO to take relatively young 777s and outfit them with the equivalent of regional business seats.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Is there not a widebody shortage now with this combined airline? Especially with 762s getting phased out and 787s not exactly arriving quickly?

Seems shortsighted IMO to take relatively young 777s and outfit them with the equivalent of regional business seats.
Well, they need some widebodies to operate the HNL routes, and those have to come from somewhere. Or they can just cancel those routes. Having a set of commonly configured planes which they can use on the HNL routes should be a generally good thing, both for fleet utilization efficiency and for consistency in the customer experience. Sure, flat beds would be better, but not particularly surprising that they aren't doing that for the HNL market.

With the 14x 763s being converted to long-haul configuration they can easily offset the 762 retirements and then some. And swapping 3 for 4 means one more on the new config side of the ledger.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:53 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

N674UA must be having some serious issues... Yesterday, after arriving in AMS it went mechanical and UA canceled both UA909 and UA908. Today, it is still in AMS and the flight is delayed from 11:15am to 5pm.

Not looking good. I am not sure what went wrong with that bird when it was in HKG.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by EWR764
You may prefer the sUA seat, and that's an entirely reasonable opinion to have. I find it to be a very comfortable, pleasant product once you get over the 2-4-2 arrangement on the 777 and 747 main deck. It's also good for traveling with a companion. I've never had a problem with the rear-facing seats, either. In fact, I get a kick out of them, especially on takeoff. (cf. IAD-CDG)
I don't think I will ever be able to get over 2-4-2 configuration in business (also, rear facing seat is annoying to me). Thank goodness for GPUs and F on these planes. While cost prohibitive, I wish the entire international fleet were reconfigured with PMCO BF flat bed seats (they are far superior from any objective perspective).
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by golfingboy
N674UA must be having some serious issues... Yesterday, after arriving in AMS it went mechanical and UA canceled both UA909 and UA908. Today, it is still in AMS and the flight is delayed from 11:15am to 5pm.

Not looking good. I am not sure what went wrong with that bird when it was in HKG.
Cancelled yesterday and another delay today. Anyone know what is going on with the aircraft? Would it be UA mechanics doing the work in AMS? Not a good start this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.