Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Post in the thread with a comprehensive summary of best E+ seats

This thread is about the 2-class pmUA 767-300. Link to the 3-class pmUA 767-300 thread.
and the newest 763 config discussion is in 767-300 v3 -- Polaris seat

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
How's the ride back in Y? Good PTVs? Is it the hard sCO Y seats? Is E+ roomy? Are there new overhead bins?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Looks like this bird will do some domestic turns (I'm seeing SFO-EWR in late September).
There is a daily EWR-IAH flight in the schedule as well, but strangely, no return IAH-EWR.

UA.448..J9.C9.D9.Z9.P9.Y9.B9./EWR.C.IAH.C..1047....1331..E0/763.N.....3:44
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Looks like this bird will do some domestic turns (I'm seeing SFO-EWR in late September).
Are you referring to any particular airframe or just newly configured 763s in general? Wasn't sure if any of the other 763s have been released into service from HKG.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:02 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by GoPUBoilers

Oh well, my cousin should qualify for the finals tomorrow so I'll get to see her swim once at least!
So did you make it to Omaha?
So did your cousin make it to London?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Duke777
How's the ride back in Y? Good PTVs? Is it the hard sCO Y seats? Is E+ roomy? Are there new overhead bins?
I believe I read that the new Y seats are different from and much cushier than the old CO seats.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bobdobbs2
So has anyone actually been on the newly configured PMUA 2-class 767-300? What type of seats are being used in business class? Are there any bad/good seats?
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
I just got home from taking UA907 ORD-SFO, which today (7/17/12) was on N674UA (the 2 class 763 with the new lie flats). Here are my opinions of BF:

1. The sUA FAs told me that they had not been familiarized with the plane yet.
2. There is an espresso machine in the BF galley.
3. I would not sit in a window seat as the overhead cabin lights provide too much glare.
4. The purser mentioned that she believed the angle of the BF seats makes the aisle more restrictive.

Overall, I liked the ride as it means no ghetto bird.

p.s. mods: I am unsure where to post this message, please move to appropriate thread. thanks!
Just thought of another thing...

5. When listening to channel 9 (map must be selected), I was able to hear both VHF radios (i.e. Tower and company).
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
After the continual ORD-AMS-ORD issues it was facing, any word if the reliability has improved?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
We were on board for 3 hours on July 1 - but remained in AMS.

My wife put the seat flat (J) but at 1.64 could not stretch all the way out - her feet were knocking the cubicle in front.

Personal Video seemed fine - and at least they start right after boarding. Never get why many airlines only start the system up after 30mins in flight and close down even longer before touch down.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777
The interiors of the reconfigured 2-cabin sUA 763s look exactly like the reconfigured sCO 764s. Same bins, same seats, same AVOD systems, same galleys, same FA jumpseats, same lavs etc. The only difference one is longer.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The interiors of the reconfigured 2-cabin sUA 763s look exactly like the reconfigured sCO 764s. Same bins, same seats, same AVOD systems, same galleys, same FA jumpseats, same lavs etc. The only difference one is longer.
When I was on this plane last week, the purser and other FAs mentioned that the location of their jumpseats in relation to the carts were against their contract. Anyone have insight on this?

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
After the continual ORD-AMS-ORD issues it was facing, any word if the reliability has improved?
It doesn't seem like it. It was delayed 4 hours in SFO today.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 25, 2012 at 3:56 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
When I was on this plane last week, the purser and other FAs mentioned that the location of their jumpseats in relation to the carts were against their contract. Anyone have insight on this?
I'm curious about this bit of intrigue as well. This would not surprise me at all if true.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:26 pm

I'm curious about this bit of intrigue as well. This would not surprise me at all if true.
IIRC the purser said that their contracts stipulate that jumpseats cannot be directly opposite of carts.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
IIRC the purser said that their contracts stipulate that jumpseats cannot be directly opposite of carts.
Being a 1B fan, and bearing witness to items flying out of carts on takeoff more than once, I can see why this would be preferable
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pjhartog
We were on board for 3 hours on July 1 - but remained in AMS.

My wife put the seat flat (J) but at 1.64 could not stretch all the way out - her feet were knocking the cubicle in front.

Personal Video seemed fine - and at least they start right after boarding. Never get why many airlines only start the system up after 30mins in flight and close down even longer before touch down.
5.5 hour delay last night on the reconfigured bird, UA907 ORD-SFO. Problems were "multiple cabin maintenance issues", faulty elevator servo, and finally a weight/balance issue after we pushed back from the gate that put us into a holding area while the problem was sorted out. The at-seat power did not work, and was apparently disabled by maintenance on the outbound from SFO due to a technical problem. Purser huffed and puffed numerous times publically about the "new configuration" and "lack of training".
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Ted
So did you make it to Omaha?
So did your cousin make it to London?
She finished 4th in the 200 back final so unfortunately no London for her, but we're very excited to watch her progress over the next 4 years!

Trials were a fun event to watch in Omaha...they did a great job of generating excitement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.