Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
BOS-EWR-IAH-YEG only showing as 2224 PQM (United Gold) and 2 segments... EWR-IAH-YEG is same flight number. How will this credit for MileagePlus?

Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by thearmada
..... EWR-IAH-YEG is same flight number. How will this credit for MileagePlus? ....
looks like this was booked as a direct flight ( Direct flights -- Why? What about Mileage Credit? ), if the segments are not split, it will credit the same as EWR-YEG

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 13, 2017 at 12:38 am Reason: missing NOT
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
looks like this was booked as a direct flight ( Direct flights -- Why? What about Mileage Credit? ), if the segments are split, it will credit the same as EWR-YEG
Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

looks like this was booked as a direct flight ( Direct flights -- Why? What about Mileage Credit? ), if the segments are split, it will credit the same as EWR-YEG
I believe you mean "if the segments are not split." If it is flown as-is, EWR-IAH-YEG will credit as if it were a EWR-YEG nonstop flight. You may be able to get a sympathetic agent to split the flight -- see the other thread for details.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
I believe you mean "if the segments are not split." ....
correct, have correct the OP
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, UA Platinum, AS MVP75K, Marriott Gold
Does this calculation seem right?

Does this calculation for award miles seem right? I booked the flight on AC.com and then the trip was added to the app cause of the united segments.

All ticketed on AC in P class.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The miles for the AC legs look high. It should be 2x distance, or around 14,000 miles...

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ir-canada.html
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:30 pm

The AC YVR-DEL data looks wrong -- with the distance traveled as 6,934 miles (assuming non-stop) and PQM should be 2x and RDMs also 2X
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:20 pm

Here is the flight summary from united.com

the PQM seems correct, doesnt it? just the award miles seems off...do you thin they will honor it if I save the screen shot?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:29 pm

The YVR-DEL flight mileage is wrong, the gcm is 6,934 miles
Travel time is about right and at roughly 500 miles/hr -- almost 14 hours, 6,934 fits the flight duration. That's clear hint the UA mileage is wrong.

UA does not fly this route and clearly has a database error

And no -- UA will not honor the website error.
AC will determine the mileage (PQMs, RDMs, ...) since they are the flight operator.

And since you purchased on AC.com, you cannot say you depended on the UA data for the flight purchase.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 7, 2018 at 9:38 pm Reason: add flight time info
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:46 pm

I've been awarded 14492 PQM from DELYYZ in P on AC..so YVRDEL is a bit longer so that's why I guessed the calculation may be correctthoughtthoguht Id check with the fine folks here
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jj12345
I've been awarded 14492 PQM from DELYYZ in P on AC..so YVRDEL is a bit longer
You need to check your geography. YVR-DEL is 300 miles shorter than YYZ-DEL.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by jj12345
I've been awarded 14492 PQM from DELYYZ in P on AC..so YVRDEL is a bit longer so that's why I guessed the calculation may be correctthoughtthoguht Id check with the fine folks here
6934 vs 7246 mi -- 300 mile, 4.4%, 1/2 hour not nearly 30%, 4 hours
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
6934 vs 7246
You got that backwards.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:07 pm

thanks for the clarification - I'm a noob here and just trying to get a handle on this stuff.

have a great evening!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.