Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 10:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, fyaras
Originally Posted by fyaras
Then I sent an e-mail and they got back to me saying they will work on it. ...
UA has been working on this for over 4 years
Old May 20, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Welcome to FT!, fyaras
UA has been working on this for over 4 years
That's a new route, that started May 3rd 2019. But I see what you are saying. What is the recommendation in general, regarding these cases. It just shows "0" for PQM,PQD etc.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's a new route, that started May 3rd 2019.
Has nothing to do with that. This thread is now 53 pages of similar complaints.
What is the recommendation in general, regarding these cases. It just shows "0" for PQM,PQD etc.
Don't spend another second worrying about it. There's not a problem unless/until it posts incorrectly.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:09 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
...There's not a problem unless/until it posts incorrectly.
Which exceptionally rare at least in comparison to the receipt problem.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
That's a new route, that started May 3rd 2019.
Correct, that throws the system off. New routes usually have this problem, but they do post correctly. Beats me why this always happens with new partner routes (new LX routes had the same problem or SAN-FRA when that started).
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by gmt4
Unless its 31 Dec and the person is cutting it close on status qualification with no opportunities left to otherwise make up the PQD/PQM deficit. That's when people panic.
I just booked a flight for Dec 5-Dec 21 that got me $157 PQD over the $15K threshold. My receipt does not show PQD or PQM earnings. On the app, the earnings breakdown section shows over $500 fewer PQD’s than the airfare. My status tracker shows the same $500+ deficit.

I called the Mileage Plus Service Center, and they assured me that my PQD’s would post correctly. Of course, there was nothing they could do to correct the error. I’ll trust the info on this thread, but I do not want to be fighting UA on 12/22.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SS255

I just booked a flight for Dec 5-Dec 21 that got me $157 PQD over the $15K threshold. My receipt does not show PQD or PQM earnings. On the app, the earnings breakdown section shows over $500 fewer PQD’s than the airfare. My status tracker shows the same $500+ deficit.

I called the Mileage Plus Service Center, and they assured me that my PQD’s would post correctly. Of course, there was nothing they could do to correct the error. I’ll trust the info on this thread, but I do not want to be fighting UA on 12/22.
with all of it on UA metal ... nobrainer. With partner flights it could credit incorrectly, but that is a very easy fix.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:51 am

Pardon my ignorance . . .

But where do I go to see these earnings estimates? When I go to view my itinerary, this information is blank:

-- miles earned this trip
-- PQM -- PQS -- PQD
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yonatan
But where do I go to see these earnings estimates? When I go to view my itinerary, this information is blank:

-- miles earned this trip
-- PQM -- PQS -- PQD
that means something is throwing the system off. Could be a schedule change, a partner upgrade or something like that. Often, the ticket will still show the info correctly ... just check your ticket receipt online.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:37 am

Thanks. When I click on view ticket receipt, I don't even see a place where this information would appear, much less the info itself. Is it safe to assume though that whatever is throwing things off won't prevent the miles from crediting when I actually fly?

Last edited by yonatan; Jul 13, 2019 at 7:44 am
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yonatan
Is it safe to assume though that whatever is throwing things off won't prevent the miles from crediting when I actually fly?
Yes. I frequently find the information missing, and it almost always posts properly.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by cfischer
with all of it on UA metal ... nobrainer. With partner flights it could credit incorrectly, but that is a very easy fix.
100% on UA metal. And my first segment has just had a 1-minute schedule change, which I accepted. But mystatus.united.com now shows me falling almost 9K PQM’s short (when I will be at least 10K over) and almost $3K PQD short. I’m chalking this up to screwey weekend UA I.T., and will check again on Monday.

Seriously. It shouldn’t be this difficult, and one should not have to keep an elaborate spreadsheet to compensate for UA’s poor I.T.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

100% on UA metal. And my first segment has just had a 1-minute schedule change, which I accepted. But mystatus.united.com now shows me falling almost 9K PQM’s short (when I will be at least 10K over) and almost $3K PQD short. I’m chalking this up to screwey weekend UA I.T., and will check again on Monday.

Seriously. It shouldn’t be this difficult, and one should not have to keep an elaborate spreadsheet to compensate for UA’s poor I.T.
might just be something out of sync if you didn't apply UG instruments (which frequently messes this up). UA metal ... it will credit correctly.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
might just be something out of sync if you didn't apply UG instruments (which frequently messes this up). UA metal ... it will credit correctly.
I have 2 GPU’s waitlisted. I’m pretty sure it will post correctly, but also wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t. Now the app isn’t even permitting me to see my accruals. Weekend UA I.T. Fun!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have 2 GPU’s waitlisted. I’m pretty sure it will post correctly, but also wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t. Now the app isn’t even permitting me to see my accruals. Weekend UA I.T. Fun!
The schedule change may have messed up the waitlisted instruments. If you continue to see extra segments on your reservation, you should call in to get it cleaned up.

Once the discrepancies are taken care of, your future flight status information should re-appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.