Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mrt88
I just booked a bulk business class ticket to Europe and when I look on united it is showing me the following for the flight: (for context I am a 1k)
FRA-SFO
BIS: 5,699
PQM: 11,398
RDM: 28,496
Is this correct? When I look on https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...r/bonuses.html it says 1k gets a 100% bonus, but I thought that was of the "base miles" i.e. physical distance. So my expectation was the P class ticket would get Base 100% + Fare class bonus of 50% + 1k bonus 100% for a total of 250% of base miles, but this is showing 500% flown miles. Is this just .bomb acting up?
P fare on bulk ticket will earn 250%.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by cfischer
P fare on bulk ticket will earn 250%.
thanks for clarifying, that is what I thought but the eticket displays 500% so let's see

Last edited by mrt88; May 11, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Old May 11, 2018, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mrt88
thanks for clarifying, that is what I thought but the eticket displays 500% so let's see
2018 flight on P bulk fare has earned 250% for me.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
First time I have seen such a wide discrepancy between the receipt and what .bomb is showing...purchased W fares for a TATL trip to Spain. The website shows $500 per segment (so $1,000 total PQD), but the email receipt showed only $340 per segment. The email receipt also shows airfare as being $1,000 total, so is it 'fare' (pun intended) to assume that the summary table was incorrectly allocating some of the ticket cost to taxes, etc.?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: 1k
Hi, I waded through some of the pages so apologies if this has been addressed already. I booked a ticket EWR-CMH for December; last flight of the year. I have plenty of miles so those aren't an issue, but I picked this particular ticket for the PQDs to bump me to Platinum as my 1k days are ending next year. (the only reason I would ever pay ~1,000 for an EWR/CMH ticket!)

I'm currently at $8,043 PQDs for the year. When I booked this ticket I searched for the highest coach ticket I could find (RJ 145 so FC not an option) and confirmed the PQDs prior to purchasing. My receipt looks like this:

Total price: $1,082.40
Airfare: $980.46
US Transport Tax: $73.54
US Flight Seg Tax: $8.20
Sept 11 Security Fee: 11.20
US Passenger Facility Charge: 9.00

The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals: 980.46
The taxes, fees, and surcharges paid total: 101.94

My receipt (both emailed and checking online) shows a total of $982 PQDs earned.
The reservation on .bomb shows $982 PQDs when I go to earnings.
The screenshots I took of the flight before purchasing shows $982 PQDs.

All fine, right? Except when I look at the PQDs on the app it only shows $907 PQD, and when I go to my status and check "future flights" it only shows the $907 total.

I don't have an option to fly any more flights this year besides that one; hence the hail mary for PQDs. Does it make sense to ask United about this now? Will it just confuse the agents? I know PQDs can be buggy but which one is right? And if the 907 actually posts, would United just say "tough luck" even with my receipt and screenshots? Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jah294
I don't have an option to fly any more flights this year besides that one; hence the hail mary for PQDs. Does it make sense to ask United about this now? Will it just confuse the agents? I know PQDs can be buggy but which one is right? And if the 907 actually posts, would United just say "tough luck" even with my receipt and screenshots? Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.
Based upon what you posted, and assuming you didn't get some sort of refund at some point, the 982 should be correct. There's no reason to call in advance; any answer you get will be meaningless until the miles actually post anyway. If they don't post properly, you should be able to get it corrected by calling the MileagePlus Service Center.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Upcoming 016 reservation, shows "-- miles earned this trip -- PQM | -- PQS | -- PQD"

I just recently booked a trip on the UA website (016 stock) and when I view it in my upcoming trips, it shows the following:

And, if I view the info on mystatus.united.com, it's not showing any info for it in the "Future flights" tab. However, if I view the email receipt, or the receipt online, I see the following:

Do I need to worry about the RDM/PQM/PQD (I could care less about PQS) not showing up anywhere but in the receipt info? Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I just recently booked a trip on the UA website (016 stock) and when I view it in my upcoming trips, it shows the following:

And, if I view the info on mystatus.united.com, it's not showing any info for it in the "Future flights" tab. However, if I view the email receipt, or the receipt online, I see the following:

Do I need to worry about the RDM/PQM/PQD (I could care less about PQS) not showing up anywhere but in the receipt info? Thanks!
No need to worry. The display is glitchy, especially with itins that are not all United metal. (Assume there is nothing unusual about your itin....flights with non-earning partners, etc.)
If there is any issue with it posting automatically (which there probably wont be), it is a simple request to have them take care of it manually.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Just took a flight on TG, but on United issued ticket (016-xxxxxxxxxx)
Earned the correct RDM and PQD (32,230 & $2,930 respectively)
However, PQM is only 1x the BIS (5,462) instead of 2x = 10,924 (Fare Class "C")

I know for TG flights, earning PQM of 1x BIS is normal, but this is a 016 ticket. Shouldn't the PQM earn be 2X BIS?

Should I call MileagePlus and dispute? Or just let it go? When I bought the ticket, it did show PQM = 5,462, PQD = $2,930, RDM = 32,230
I thought it was an error that would correct itself once flown and credits posted. But it didn't.

I posted it here (instead of creating a new thread) because this thread seems closest to my predicament.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kittiyut
I know for TG flights, earning PQM of 1x BIS is normal, but this is a 016 ticket. Shouldn't the PQM earn be 2X BIS?
No. PQM is the same regardless of ticketing carrier. There is no fare class PQM bonus for TG flights.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:10 am

Should I call MileagePlus and dispute? Or just let it go? When I bought the ticket, it did show PQM = 5,462, PQD = $2,930, RDM = 32,230
I thought it was an error that would correct itself once flown and credits posted. But it didn't.

I posted it here (instead of creating a new thread) because this thread seems closest to my predicament.
Yes, @jsloan is correct...here's the relevant info from https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...rnational.html

Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To add on, only a handful of partners credit with PQM bonuses approximately similar to UA-metal's. Coincidentally, these partners mostly are the ones that appear to have some revenue sharing agreement (AC,LH,NH).
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:21 am

[...]And, if I view the info on mystatus.united.com, it's not showing any info for it in the "Future flights" tab. However, if I view the email receipt, or the receipt online, I see the following:

Now that I look at it, I see that it says PQD is 3917, but here's what I see as far as the receipt. Why the discrepancy between the two? Which one is correct? Should I expect 4275 PQD or 3917 PQD? This is an international ticket booked on 016 ticket stock, 2 segments in Z on UA and 3 segments in P on AC, if that matters. I'm really close to the 1K PQD requirement this year, so every few hundred dollars helps! ^

Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now that I look at it, I see that it says PQD is 3917, but here's what I see as far as the receipt. Why the discrepancy between the two? Which one is correct? Should I expect 4275 PQD or 3917 PQD? This is an international ticket booked on 016 ticket stock, 2 segments in Z on UA and 3 segments in P on AC, if that matters. I'm really close to the 1K PQD requirement this year, so every few hundred dollars helps! ^

I would expect 4275 PQD. I've had similar discrepancies, and the eticket summary seems to be the reference. And although it's not happened to me, I'd think if your net credit is significantly different than 4275, you shouldn't get any trouble writing in for an adjustment.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Just booked a ticket with similar discrepancy.

Airfare of 1,340 but PQD will only be 1,022m. All United metal.

I think this is the new way United will ensure only people with really significant PQD will get 1K.

I will not be chasing 1K in 2019 (for 2020) but a PQD difference of 318 on on 9 or 10 trips could be the difference between meeting PQD of $15k and not meeting it.

But difficult to argue with United when they show the PQD is only 1,022 on the original reciept.

Cancelled this trip (was within the 24 hours as did within it 10 minutes).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.