Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The eticket is most likely to be correct and the actually posted PQDs are usually correct. The display previews are notoriously unreliable. I would hang on to a screenshot just in case but I would not worry about it until after your flight. It will probably post correctly.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by getagb
The eticket is most likely to be correct and the actually posted PQDs are usually correct. The display previews are notoriously unreliable. I would hang on to a screenshot just in case but I would not worry about it until after your flight. It will probably post correctly.
Oh okay, thanks for the reply! I will keep screenshots and pdfs of the receipts in case issues do arise.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
This might be a dumb question, but I couldn't read through all 44 pages...

The PQD's on the receipt for 2 of my reservations don't match the PQD's on the reservation page. All flights on UA metal. One is all domestic mainline, the other is mainline international, if any of that matters.

The numbers on the receipts match what I expected at booking.

I did apply a TCV e-cert to each reservation, which I believe should not impact my PQDs. I have a third international reservation, where PQD's match in both places, no e-cert was applied.

Can I assume the receipt is correct, given the reservation display issues noted here?

I can still cancel and rebook for the next few hours, but if the res page is correct, I'd miss my PQD target by about $100.

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBord
This might be a dumb question, but I couldn't read through all 44 pages...

The PQD's on the receipt for 2 of my reservations don't match the PQD's on the reservation page. All flights on UA metal. One is all domestic mainline, the other is mainline international, if any of that matters.

The numbers on the receipts match what I expected at booking.

I did apply a TCV e-cert to each reservation, which I believe should not impact my PQDs. I have a third international reservation, where PQD's match in both places, no e-cert was applied.

Can I assume the receipt is correct, given the reservation display issues noted here?

I can still cancel and rebook for the next few hours, but if the res page is correct, I'd miss my PQD target by about $100.

Thanks!
The summary on the reservations page is unreliable. The receipt numbers are the ones most likely to post, and if they don't you can request that your credit be adjusted.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
The summary on the reservations page is unreliable. The receipt numbers are the ones most likely to post, and if they don't you can request that your credit be adjusted.
That last part is incredibly important , thank you!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JBord
Both the itinerary and receipt info are known to be erroneous. No reliable pre-departure PQD information has been found.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mduell
Both the itinerary and receipt info are known to be erroneous. No reliable pre-departure PQD information has been found.
The receipt data is far less problematic and is rarely a problem unless there are true non-PQD earning segments or irrops / re-routing occur.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
0 PQM, PQS, PQD, and base award miles for SFO to ZRH on UA 44 flight

Starting June 7th 2018, UA is going to have a direct flight from SFO to ZRH (UA 44).

This flight is bookable on ua.com, but it shows 0 PQM, PQS, PQD, and base award miles. Any idea why?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
United IT at it's finest, it's a glitch. Even when corrected, those figures are rarely correct.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
United IT at it's finest, it's a glitch. Even when corrected, those figures are rarely correct.
The mileage that it shows on my booking/receipt are usually always spot on. Now and then it seems that PQD may have a small variance.
My typical MO is enter what the booking page shows into my excel and then once it posts confirm/update the numbers. I can't recall anything egregious recently.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sooge_sj
Starting June 7th 2018, UA is going to have a direct flight from SFO to ZRH (UA 44).

This flight is bookable on ua.com, but it shows 0 PQM, PQS, PQD, and base award miles. Any idea why?
they want to compete against LX's product what a joke. The incorrect miles display will be the least of their issues. Giving this 1 season max.

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
The mileage that it shows on my booking/receipt are usually always spot on. Now and then it seems that PQD may have a small variance.
My typical MO is enter what the booking page shows into my excel and then once it posts confirm/update the numbers. I can't recall anything egregious recently.
huh, I have several on my receipts that are dead wrong. Partner airline flights that are incorrectly identified ... showing zero ... but will credit just fine (as they should)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 24, 2017 at 8:42 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by cfischer
huh, I have several on my receipts that are dead wrong. Partner airline flights that are incorrectly identified ... showing zero ... but will credit just fine (as they should)
Same. It's the display that's broken, the crediting is usually close.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
they want to compete against LX's product what a joke. The incorrect miles display will be the least of their issues. Giving this 1 season max.

And in my last 7-8 flights the only one that was off was the PQD for PDX-SFO by about $15. YMMV
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz President, Marriott Gold
Hi there,

short question, my company bought some united tickets for me this year, but in my MP-activity chart they appear as inelegible for PQD. Can this be correct? These were L and T-class tickets and because of the ineligibilty of them, I will probably miss my first Silver premier status next year by 200 PQD-$ or so. Could anyone please explain it to me or do i have to call united regarding this and hope of a complimentary status?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:15 am

Casi, one explanation is that your company has contract rates with UA. These discounted rates do not earn PQD OR PQM, I believe.
I ran into that a couple of years ago when booking flights to Eorope through the tour company we were traveling with, rather than booking in my own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.