Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:13 am

How much will I earn (Total amount or IAD-FRA miles) and why there are 7 segments? Right now I have 0 miles and 0 segments.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: More than I care to have, but never the ones I need.
New LAX-SIN "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit"? (UA37/UA38)

I just booked LAX-SIN r/t (UA37 / UA38) in paid business class (fare code 'D') and the eTicket receipt on the UA site shows "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit" under "MileagePlus Accrual Details" section. Is this a bug in the system for this new flight or is this route actually ineligible?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by shaunco
I just booked LAX-SIN r/t (UA37 / UA38) in paid business class (fare code 'D') and the eTicket receipt on the UA site shows "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit" under "MileagePlus Accrual Details" section. Is this a bug in the system for this new flight or is this route actually ineligible?
Common system bug. Ignore it.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, Omskavia

Originally Posted by Omskavia
How much will I earn (Total amount or IAD-FRA miles) and why there are 7 segments? Right now I have 0 miles and 0 segments. ....
Are the UA segments in economy or ??? What are the fare classes for the UA segments?

The Aeroflot segments with earn no miles -- RDMs, PQMs, PQDs

The FRA-IAD-SEA-IAD-FRA is roughly 12,770 base miles. That will be the minimum PQMs, but depending of fare class / cabin you may earn more.
The 7 segments suggest some PQS bonus for higher fare class.

The PQDs and PQMs will be trickier and would fare constructing info and more ticket details will be hard to estimate. The fare splitting with Aeroflot is the issue.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Welcome to FT!, Omskavia

Are the UA segments in economy or ??? What are the fare classes for the UA segments?
Thank you! I'm sorry, I forgot about fare classes. Aeroflot fare doesn't matter, because I earn miles in Aeroflot Bonus. As for United, it's economy class T.

It's strange, that all Untied segments except IAD-FRA are "ineligible to...". I hope, I will earn total amount of miles, not only for IAD-FRA.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Omskavia
Thank you! I'm sorry, I forgot about fare classes. Aeroflot fare doesn't matter, because I earn miles in Aeroflot Bonus. As for United, it's economy class T.

It's strange, that all Untied segments except IAD-FRA are "ineligible to...". I hope, I will earn total amount of miles, not only for IAD-FRA.
In that case, you will earn approximately 12,770 PQM (United is bad at computing exact distances between airports - error bar is like +/- 10). You will also earn 4 PQS.

Your PQD and award miles are much harder to calculate; I would estimate about 65% of the total dollars you paid for your ticket will accrue as UA PQD. If you have no status with UA, you will earn five times that many award miles.

The earnings display in your screenshot is notoriously inaccurate (hence this thread) and you can ignore it.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Your PQD and award miles are much harder to calculate; I would estimate about 65% of the total dollars you paid for your ticket will accrue as UA PQD. If you have no status with UA, you will earn five times that many award miles.
This is only true if you bought the ticket from United and/or the ticket number starts with 016. If the ticket number on your receipt starts with anything else, you'll earn miles based upon a percentage of the distance flown.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jsloan
This is only true if you bought the ticket from United and/or the ticket number starts with 016. If the ticket number on your receipt starts with anything else, you'll earn miles based upon a percentage of the distance flown.
That's true for non-UA flight in the Star Alliance. For UA metal, it's the fare allocated to UA which determines earnings, on any stock. (The exception is bulk fares.)
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
That's true for non-UA flight in the Star Alliance. For UA metal, it's the fare allocated to UA which determines earnings, on any stock. (The exception is bulk fares.)

Yes, of course; my mistake. I've even flown UA on a non-016 ticket and should have remembered that. Sorry about that.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:38 am

Thank you everyone for the responses!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, UA Gold
I have a booking for YYZ-OGG via DEN in P-class for March 2018. I purchased the fare in USD directly via the United site. However, no mileage accruals show up for this trip. At first I assumed this was because it was for 2018, but now other trips I've booked for 2018 show accruals. I notice that on the receipt the airfare shows up as 0 (no currency is specified) while the "Equivalent Airfare" is as expected. Any idea whether this will impact earnings? If so, what can I do about it? Thanks!

Fare Breakdown
Airfare: 0
Equivalent Airfare: 947 USD
U.S. Customs User Fee: 5.5 CAD
U.S. Immigration User Fee: 7 CAD
U.S. APHIS User Fee: 3.96 CAD
U.S. Transportation Tax: 54.64 CAD
U.S. Flight Segment Tax: 16.4 CAD
September 11th Security Fee: 11.2 CAD
Canadian Security Charge: 19.2 CAD
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax: 2.4 CAD
Canada Airport Improvement Fee: 18.5 CAD
U.S. Passenger Facility Charge: 13.5 CAD
Per Person Total: 1099.3 USD
eTicket Total: 2198.6 USD
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kadomony
I have a booking for YYZ-OGG via DEN in P-class for March 2018. I purchased the fare in USD directly via the United site. However, no mileage accruals show up for this trip. At first I assumed this was because it was for 2018, but now other trips I've booked for 2018 show accruals. I notice that on the receipt the airfare shows up as 0 (no currency is specified) while the "Equivalent Airfare" is as expected. Any idea whether this will impact earnings? If so, what can I do about it? ....
Errors on pre-flight earnings report are common and are generally posted correct post-flight, so best just to wait and see.

The wording is a little strange but all the paid fares (except Basic Economy) purchased on united.com are mileage earning. Did you purchase with $CAD?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, UA Gold
No, I used USD (we are located in the US, but the price was very good ex-YYZ and I have family there we plan to visit the weekend before flying, so we're just going to drive from near Chicago to Toronto). Thanks for the reply; I'll wait and see what happens.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kadomony
I have a booking for YYZ-OGG via DEN in P-class for March 2018. I purchased the fare in USD directly via the United site. However, no mileage accruals show up for this trip. At first I assumed this was because it was for 2018, but now other trips I've booked for 2018 show accruals. I notice that on the receipt the airfare shows up as 0 (no currency is specified) while the "Equivalent Airfare" is as expected. Any idea whether this will impact earnings? If so, what can I do about it? Thanks!

Fare Breakdown
Airfare: 0
Equivalent Airfare: 947 USD
U.S. Customs User Fee: 5.5 CAD
U.S. Immigration User Fee: 7 CAD
U.S. APHIS User Fee: 3.96 CAD
U.S. Transportation Tax: 54.64 CAD
U.S. Flight Segment Tax: 16.4 CAD
September 11th Security Fee: 11.2 CAD
Canadian Security Charge: 19.2 CAD
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax: 2.4 CAD
Canada Airport Improvement Fee: 18.5 CAD
U.S. Passenger Facility Charge: 13.5 CAD
Per Person Total: 1099.3 USD
eTicket Total: 2198.6 USD
You will earn 947 PQD for the trip, and normal other things. Despite the "CAD" on the receipt, all amounts are shown in USD, as this was the currency you paid in. The original fare was filed in CAD and converted at the time of purchase.

I have a similar instance where the original currency was KRW so it's more obvious
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Why does BGR-ORD not earn miles?

I've always had credit from SkyWest flights, and rest of itin. earns. And see what fare I booked but an upgrade cleared and it is not R, so was not BE or anything.... I know somewhere knows. Thanks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.