Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dfreeman02
What's the best route from here? Would 1Kvoice handle this correctly if I presented the above data? Try again with MP service center?
Either 1kvoice or MPSC. They've clearly erred on the YQ. I would point out the "airfare" total on the receipt.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
No Qualifying Credit on ORD - BNA Flight?

Name:  BNA-ORD-PQM.png
Views: 478
Size:  17.7 KB

What's up with that? First time I've seen such a thing for a UA flight, even an Express one.

Name:  Screenshot from 2017-04-15 19-26-06.png
Views: 447
Size:  35.8 KB
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Ignore it - it will post properly. See the thread where the accruals aren't always accurate. I've seen that 'ineligible' line on probably a dozen different segments, and each one of them has credited properly.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Ignore it - it will post properly. See the thread where the accruals aren't always accurate. I've seen that 'ineligible' line on probably a dozen different segments, and each one of them has credited properly.
Awesome! Thanks. I figured it would, but that was the first time I had seen this message.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Have the following booked in Business class for June 5:

AKL-SFO, UA6754 (operated by Air New Zealand), Fare Class P, Flight Distance 6516 miles, PQM: 6,516
SFO-AUS, UA1889, Fare Class P, Flight Distance 1499 miles, PQM: 2,998

Ticket was booked on united.com, ticket number starts with 016. The AKL-SFO flights are clearly using 100% for the PQM (since Air New Zealand considers P fares economy) but United considers P fares Business and thus the AKL-SFO flights would be 200% PQM. Which is correct? I can change the fare class to Z (business for United and Air New Zealand) but would cost $200 extra.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
There is a translation which you can't see because the codeshare uses United fare classes. You will earn based on the native NZ fare class, which is based on the fare rules and should be J.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:14 am

GPU Upgrade impact on PQM?

I'm interested in booking an economy flight from DEN-NRT in June and use a couple of my GPUs. When looking at the details though for PQM, it shows "--" if I select the upgrade option.

Will I not be credited any PQM miles if use the GPU? Or will I get the Economy rate? Thanks.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Website glitch, just ignore it. Your PQM and PQD will reflect the original ticket.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K
You will get the economy rate of 5,788 as the underlining fare class in this case will be H. This will post as a ZH fare in your account, the Z meaning upgrade to an H fare.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
OK, I just booked LAX-SYD MEL-AKL-LAX in J.

Code:
Flight        Segment     Fare Class      RDMs      PQM      PQS      PQD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UA839     LAX-SYD            P              15832     14974     1.5      1979
NZ124     MEL-AKL            J               3480       3288      1.5        435
UA6752*  AKL-LAX            P              19168      6504      1         2396
Totals are:

RDMs: 38480
PQMs: 24766
PQSs: 4
PQDs 4810

* Operated by NZ, on Google Flights, it shows as NZ6, not this UA codeshare number.

Ticket was $4853.06, booked through link from Google Flights.

When I tried searching manually on united.com, the same segments on the same dates came up to $5147 or somewhere around $300 more.

I searched for earning of PQM on partners but I couldn't find anything, only a page on the RDM earning rates.

So is it expected that the NZ/UA codeshare segment, AKL-LAX, earned a reduced PQM rate? Actually the MEL-AKL segment looks good with the 3288 PQM.

I can cancel and rebook for $300 more to make both outbound and return into UA nonstops if it will get me more PQMs.

It seems like I should be getting at least 6000 more PQMs for that AKL-LAX segment.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
... I searched for earning of PQM on partners but I couldn't find anything, only a page on the RDM earning rates. ....
Earning when crediting to UA MP -- general partner page

NZ operated flights page
(remember codeshares do not matter or change earning)

RDM info is the first part of the page and scrolling down you will get the PQM info (MileagePlus Premier qualification)

But NZ is simple 100% of miles for PQMs -- no bonus for higher fares
read old chart, NZ does now have premium fare PQM bonus

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 19, 2017 at 6:11 pm Reason: link added on discount fares
Old May 19, 2017, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

NZ operated flights page

RDM info is the first part of the page and scrolling down you will get the PQM info (MileagePlus Premier qualification)

But NZ is simple 100% of miles for PQMs (unless deep discount economy then 0%) -- no bonus for higher fares
If higher PQMs is the goal, book UA metal, not NZ.
Hmm, thanks. Looks like the second link lists P as Deep Discount Economy?

Where as Discount Business J or Z gets 200% PQM.

I wanted to try out the NZ J product. Plus it was $300 cheaper too.

I guess I will cancel and rebook. On ua.com, I see that the AZ segments total 9500 PQM while the MEL-LAX nonstop will get over 15000 MQM.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

NZ operated flights page

But NZ is simple 100% of miles for PQMs (unless deep discount economy then 0%) -- no bonus for higher fares
If higher PQMs is the goal, book UA metal, not NZ.
200%-300% PQM for biz on NZ! The UA codeshare is showing incorrectly, that will also earn 200%

Hmm, thanks. Looks like the second link lists P as Deep Discount Economy?

I wanted to try out the NZ J product. Plus it was $300 cheaper too.

I guess I will cancel and rebook. On ua.com, I see that the AZ segments total 9500 PQM while the MEL-LAX nonstop will get over 15000 MQM.
it WILL earn 200% The operating carrier booking class will matter. P on UA will book into J on NZ which WILL earn 200%!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 19, 2017 at 6:46 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 19, 2017, 6:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

Updated post -- forgot NZ changed earnings late last year
You need to know the NZ fare class, the UA fare class may be mis-leading in determining earnings.

... I guess I will cancel and rebook. On ua.com, I see that the AZ segments total 9500 PQM while the MEL-LAX nonstop will get over 15000 MQM.
Never trust the earning numbers on a reservation, always do the calculation by hand -- that is the reason for this thread.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Updated post -- forgot NZ changed earnings late last year
You need to know the NZ fare class, the UA fare class may be mis-leading in determining earnings.

Never trust the earning numbers on a reservation, always do the calculation by hand -- that is the reason for this thread.
Well I canceled it.

Because when you search manually on UA.com, that return routing clearly shows 9500 PQMs. Since they display it before you book it, I would imagine it would be too much of a hassle to deal with later.

They have their nonstop, the NZ segments and a bunch of QF and Jetstar flights to route MEL to SYD and then the UA nonstop from there. But they don't display the PQMs for those either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.