Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ronlap
For both of those flights, I paid a seat selection fee directly to the airline on their website. I am now guessing that doing that caused a reissue on native stock. I sent an appeal to UA via their website, attaching the original receipt clearly showing 016 stock.
I had this happen once. It took a couple of emails to MP to figure it out. Sorry but I can't remember the details as to how it was fixed. The one thing I've learned when requesting missing miles/PQDs for LH flights is to only reference the Confirmation # of the itinerary.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA PLT, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
I was looking over one of my upcoming reservations and it states
Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit
The flight in question is BTV-IAD on UA4869. This was a schedule change from flying TRANS STATES AIRLINES to Commutair in T class where the original email stated I would be earning as normal. Should I be worried and call in or believe that this will be fixed after flying?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by branston
I was looking over one of my upcoming reservations and it states The flight in question is BTV-IAD on UA4869. This was a schedule change from flying TRANS STATES AIRLINES to Commutair in T class where the original email stated I would be earning as normal. Should I be worried and call in or believe that this will be fixed after flying?
It's common to have this - with or without a schedule change. 99% chance it posts as normal.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:59 pm

Why is my flight ineligible for PQM/PQS earning?

I have a flight leg from Fargo to Denver (U fare). For some reason my itinerary says its ineligible for mileage and premier credit. Even United Premier desk couldn't tell me why. What am i missing here. Its a United Express flight, eligible class...

United said to call after and ask for credit and that should work. But i have a feeling that may not work.

thoughts anyone?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by denvergator
...For some reason my itinerary says its ineligible for mileage and premier credit. .....
Ignore this; it will post correctly.

This has been an ongoing issue for 19 !!!!!! months.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:46 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I haven't been following as closely as I should, but has there been any word about the multipliers for F next year?

I have one itin which came up with full F as the only choice up front. It was only a few hundred more than the cheapest Y (in U), so I booked it. The itin showed only 2x earnings for F, but the itin itself shows 3x earnings as expected.

No big deal either way, but I would hate to have an itin where I chose F over, say, P, to get the extra miles, and then not get them (this happens more often than you'd expect; I have an IAD-DEN-xxx routing on fare lock at the moment where that was the case).
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:57 am

I am on AAA-BBB and then returning BBB-CCC-DDD (AAA and DDD are nearby airports). The listed PQD on the receipt seem screwy, with the AAA-BBB earnings approx twice what I would expect, and the BBB-CCC-DDD about 1/3 of what I would expect. Total PQD are correct, and PQM look correct too. Does United re-price segments after purchase and thus reallocate PQD for each segment, or is it more likely the listed PQD are just wrong? Of note, I'm in the S bucket AAA-BBB, but the currently lowest quoted W fare is stated to earn substantially fewer PQD than my receipt says for S if I re-quote the same itinerary.

If the PQD are wrong, how can I determine the price I paid for the AAA-BBB segment? I'm considering GG BUYUP to A and it would be definitely worth it if the implied amount I paid based on PQD is accurate (<$100 upgrade for a TCON)--not so much worth it if the original website segment price I remember being quoted is accurate.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by prometa
I am on AAA-BBB and then returning BBB-CCC-DDD (AAA and DDD are nearby airports). The listed PQD on the receipt seem screwy, with the AAA-BBB earnings approx twice what I would expect, and the BBB-CCC-DDD about 1/3 of what I would expect. Total PQD are correct, and PQM look correct too. Does United re-price segments after purchase and thus reallocate PQD for each segment, or is it more likely the listed PQD are just wrong? Of note, I'm in the S bucket AAA-BBB, but the currently lowest quoted W fare is stated to earn substantially fewer PQD than my receipt says for S if I re-quote the same itinerary.

If the PQD are wrong, how can I determine the price I paid for the AAA-BBB segment? I'm considering GG BUYUP to A and it would be definitely worth it if the implied amount I paid based on PQD is accurate (<$100 upgrade for a TCON)--not so much worth it if the original website segment price I remember being quoted is accurate.
it is likely correct. They split PQD per segment on an algorithm that is not based on distance. Also, check AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC-DDD on the receipt on saudia for the fare construction to see how much each o/w pair is 'worth'
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold

PQD have no firm relation to the underlying fares, and should not be used to determine fares or fare splits.

Total PQD matches total fare (well, mostly ), but the breakouts are not meaningful.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mduell
PQD have no firm relation to the underlying fares, and should not be used to determine fares or fare splits.

Total PQD matches total fare (well, mostly ), but the breakouts are not meaningful.
I'm not sure I've ever seen an instance where PQD is not accurate up to the next fare break [in final posts]. The allocation of a fare component across connecting segments is pretty arbitrary, but it usually matches out to the next fare break point (when the display is working at all).

OP - you should definitely examine your ticket on Saudia. Is it possible it's constructed as an A-C ticket with a stopover in B? This would also complicate your ability to GG BUYUP the ticket.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by findark
I'm not sure I've ever seen an instance where PQD is not accurate up to the next fare break [in final posts]. The allocation of a fare component across connecting segments is pretty arbitrary, but it usually matches out to the next fare break point (when the display is working at all).
I've posted one on this forum; not even allocating the entire RT YQ to go with one fare component would result in the PQD as posted.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
it is likely correct. They split PQD per segment on an algorithm that is not based on distance. Also, check AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC-DDD on the receipt on saudia for the fare construction to see how much each o/w pair is 'worth'
Originally Posted by mduell

Originally Posted by findark

OP - you should definitely examine your ticket on Saudia. Is it possible it's constructed as an A-C ticket with a stopover in B? This would also complicate your ability to GG BUYUP the ticket.
Thanks for the hint to use Saudia. I got the fare construction line, and it is closer to what I remember United displaying as the per segment cost when I bought the ticket.

AAA-BBB is listed as a direct, no-transit/stopover, $235.35 fare basis on Saudia, but $478PQD on United.com

BBB-CCC-DDD is listed BBB-DDD with a transit (X/) via CCC, $484.65 fare basis, but BBB-CCC is $183PQD and CCC-DDD is $61PQD (total $244PQD)

Based on those numbers, I think .bomb has the fare bases reversed in calculating PQD, and it is using AAA-BBB's fare basis for calculating BBB-CCC-DDD's PQD and vice versa. How it is splitting PQD for each segment of the return appears to be based on distance flown. Regardless, Saudia was helpful in figuring out my initial problem, which was figuring out the per segment cost to compute GG BUYUP. FWIW, the F ticket on AAA-BBB is $587, an easy up from $478 (if PQD were showing the true fare basis), but not worth it when compared to $235.35 (actual S basis)
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Thanks for the hint to use Saudia. I got the fare construction line, and it is closer to what I remember United displaying as the per segment cost when I bought the ticket.

AAA-BBB is listed as a direct, no-transit/stopover, $235.35 fare basis on Saudia, but $478PQD on United.com

BBB-CCC-DDD is listed BBB-DDD with a transit (X/) via CCC, $484.65 fare basis, but BBB-CCC is $183PQD and CCC-DDD is $61PQD (total $244PQD)

Based on those numbers, I think .bomb has the fare bases reversed in calculating PQD, and it is using AAA-BBB's fare basis for calculating BBB-CCC-DDD's PQD and vice versa. How it is splitting PQD for each segment of the return appears to be based on distance flown. Regardless, Saudia was helpful in figuring out my initial problem, which was figuring out the per segment cost to compute GG BUYUP. FWIW, the F ticket on AAA-BBB is $587, an easy up from $478 (if PQD were showing the true fare basis), but not worth it when compared to $235.35 (actual S basis)
wow, that is a really weird problem. I am curious to hear how these end up crediting ... please report back.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
wow, that is a really weird problem. I am curious to hear how these end up crediting ... please report back.
The trip isn't for a few weeks, but I will report back.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PriorityClub Plat, HHonors Gold
No credit to be issued for a flight?

I saw the following on an upcoming reservation "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit"
It is booked on United website, a W class fare on United Express ORD to BDL
Nothing out of the ordinary, my other flight, DEN to ORD on the same itinerary is also W class but on mainline metal. I have not seen this before but I have not paid as much attention to the new accrual process due to its annoying complexity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.