FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:08 pm
mduell
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by prometa
I am on AAA-BBB and then returning BBB-CCC-DDD (AAA and DDD are nearby airports). The listed PQD on the receipt seem screwy, with the AAA-BBB earnings approx twice what I would expect, and the BBB-CCC-DDD about 1/3 of what I would expect. Total PQD are correct, and PQM look correct too. Does United re-price segments after purchase and thus reallocate PQD for each segment, or is it more likely the listed PQD are just wrong? Of note, I'm in the S bucket AAA-BBB, but the currently lowest quoted W fare is stated to earn substantially fewer PQD than my receipt says for S if I re-quote the same itinerary.

If the PQD are wrong, how can I determine the price I paid for the AAA-BBB segment? I'm considering GG BUYUP to A and it would be definitely worth it if the implied amount I paid based on PQD is accurate (<$100 upgrade for a TCON)--not so much worth it if the original website segment price I remember being quoted is accurate.
PQD have no firm relation to the underlying fares, and should not be used to determine fares or fare splits.

Total PQD matches total fare (well, mostly ), but the breakouts are not meaningful.