Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
If your ticket number starts with "016" then you will earn PQD, PQM and award miles IAW:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=313

The calculations as shown rarely work with AC IME

EDIT: The Obligatory keep all boarding passes, might want to get a set printed.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes me feel better
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:59 pm

LAX-SIN UA37: Ineligible to accrue Premier qualifying credit?

Purchased a K-class ticket LAX-SIN on the new UA37, the receipt reads "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit".

Is it due to the fact that this flight is still "Subject to receipt of government operating authority LAX to SIN UA37"... or does K class on this particular flight not earn PQM?

ps. in comparison, SFO-SIN does earn PQM in K-class
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by maple
Is it due to the fact that this flight is still "Subject to receipt of government operating authority LAX to SIN UA37"... or does K class on this particular flight not earn PQM?
Neither one. Just a bug on united.com.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Neither one. Just a bug on united.com.
Thanks for the insight! Back to the friendly skies
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Looking at things, I wonder if the "ineligible to accrue...." language appears on routes when they are booked prior to the actual first flight on a route. I have two reservations that I just booked out of RST yesterday (service starts later today) and got this: However, the same flights booked out of MSP show eligible for credit. Not worried that i will get credit, but just another data point as well as a possible reasoning for it.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
Looking at things, I wonder if the "ineligible to accrue...." language appears on routes when they are booked prior to the actual first flight on a route. I have two reservations that I just booked out of RST yesterday (service starts later today) and got this: However, the same flights booked out of MSP show eligible for credit. Not worried that i will get credit, but just another data point as well as a possible reasoning for it.
This would be consistent with the reports that LAX-SIN also shows as ineligible.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by findark
This would be consistent with the reports that LAX-SIN also shows as ineligible.
This is confirmed by MP Cust Svc - "Since the flight is still awaiting government approval, mileage accrual cannot be confirmed this time. We apologize for any confusion. If your MileagePlus account number is in your reservation, United-operated flights should post to your account within five days after travel. Partner flights should post within 15 days."

Safe travels and happy flying.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
One or More Flights Ineligible to Earn PQM

Yesterday evening I booked a domestic flight (regular economy, not basic) from LAS-DEN-XNA and then return two days later XNA-IAH-LAS. The flight search results showed that I would earn 1245 PQM for the outbound flights going through Denver and 1660 PQM for the return flights through IAH.

However, when I booked and purchased the reservation, the reservation page in my mileage plus account states, "This itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit." A link was included to click for more information. It stated I would earn 629 PQM for LAS-DEN and 616 for DEN-XNA, which is accurate. But for the return flights, only the IAH-LAS segment shows that I will receive 1222 PQM; there is a message for the XNA-IAH segment that states, "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit."

So I get award miles, PQM, PQS and PQD on all except the one segment according to my reservation. I called reservations and a supervisor confirmed that he saw the same information. He confirmed I am not on any basic economy fares and that I should be receiving 438 PQM for XNA-IAH. He stated he has never seen this situation before and instructed me to call the Mileage Plus Service Center later today.

The supervisor and I speculated it could be an IT issue and that he would put a note in the record for IT to check it out. But he still said I need to call the Mileage Plus Service Center to find out more.

Normally, I don't fret about a small number of miles. But if I earn what I should on all four flights, I will be over the top for Premier Silver (Yay :-).

Has anyone else seen this in their reservation in the past? Could there be any other reason besides IT problems?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:04 am
Suspended

Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
This is a known issue that has been going on for quite a while that they fail to address or fix.

Happens to me on about 20% of my itins. No need to worry or call anymore as you will get your miles!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MY-OTHER-BROTHER-"TED"
Happens to me on about 20% of my itins. No need to worry or call anymore as you will get your miles!
Whilst this is almost certainly true for UA flights, it's not always true for non-UA. As recently as about 3 weeks ago I had a LH intra-Europe flight that posted as ineligible and required an email to get if fixed (LH flight number, 016 ticket, through-fare for both the LH and subsequent UA flight a few days later).

Oddly enough the miles posted based on the dollar spend, but no PQD...
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by docbert
Whilst this is almost certainly true for UA flights, it's not always true for non-UA. As recently as about 3 weeks ago I had a LH intra-Europe flight that posted as ineligible and required an email to get if fixed (LH flight number, 016 ticket, through-fare for both the LH and subsequent UA flight a few days later).

Oddly enough the miles posted based on the dollar spend, but no PQD...
that is very strange indeed. I have one right now which posted based on distance rather than $$$ on a 016 ticket which I need fixed. Seeing a per dollar credit without the $$$ ... another low for UA IT I guess.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Gold
H class ticket doesn't accrue miles?

Booked a round trip EWR - STL - EWR for my girlfriend and I to see the eclipse, booked at UA.com on UAX metal, H class outbound, S class return. On the receipt, for the outbound leg it says "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit" under the milage accrual details.

The return flight, S class, seems correct (935 RDMs, 872 PQMs, 1 PQS, and 187 PQDs each).

Presumably this is a computer glitch on their end? It's not a BE fare, and it allowed me to select our seats. If it's a glitch, is it better to tell UA about it now, or wait until I complete the round trip, and file for missing miles if they don't post properly?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zspitzer
Presumably this is a computer glitch on their end?
Yes.
it better to tell UA about it now
No.
or wait until I complete the round trip, and file for missing miles if they don't post properly?
Yes.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes.
No.

Yes.
Guess that covers it, thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:40 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
It's an ongoing "issue" as discussed in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...itinerary.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.