Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, AS MVP 75K, Star Alliance Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG GOLD, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Which direction are you flying? You can access the IFL @ IAD if departing in LH F but not if arriving in LH F.
IAD > FRA so flying out on F....good point though and thanks for clarifying!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:02 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Levi Maeschan
IAD > FRA so flying out on F....good point though and thanks for clarifying!
Well in the other direction you would have access to the FCT @ FRA instead of the IFL @ IAD. A tradeoff most would make
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, AS MVP 75K, Star Alliance Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG GOLD, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Well in the other direction you would have access to the FCT @ FRA instead of the IFL @ IAD. A tradeoff most would make
Thankfully not ending in FRA, continuing on to LCY so planned a nice layover at FRA to enjoy the FCT before leaving to the final destination But yes, if terminating in FRA, I would definitely agree!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Anyone been to the IAD TK lounge using Priority Pass lately? Flying out of IAD tomorrow afternoon and wanted to know if they are doing capacity restriction shenanigans like other Priority Pass affiliated lounges...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Haven't been there in a few months, but any restrictions at that lounge typically aren't "shenanigans." It can be packed, depending on the time.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by rkj2106
Anyone been to the IAD TK lounge using Priority Pass lately? Flying out of IAD tomorrow afternoon and wanted to know if they are doing capacity restriction shenanigans like other Priority Pass affiliated lounges...
I have been there about 10 times and was only turned around once. Looking through the window it was packed.

I started to get mad & then remembered as a *G I had access to the LH Lounge which was only a short walk away. Don't forget that option.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
I have been there about 10 times and was only turned around once. Looking through the window it was packed.

I started to get mad & then remembered as a *G I had access to the LH Lounge which was only a short walk away. Don't forget that option.
They shouldn’t have turned you around from the TK lounge as a *G right??
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
If they're full, they're full. Fire codes, etc.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by rkj2106
I was there today around Noon, not more than 10 people in the lounge. Ate quickly then left for the LH Lounge before my UA Flight (LH was lightly occupied as well)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I was there today around Noon, not more than 10 people in the lounge. Ate quickly then left for the LH Lounge before my UA Flight (LH was lightly occupied as well)
Am a frequent visitor to both TK and LH Senator lounges. TK is typically less crowded until about 2pm when the crowds build, whereas LH loads seem light all day (have been there until 4:30) because LH doesn’t run its second FRA flight during the winter season. Food still better at TK lounge in my mind, but LH food still quite good.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
I have a 2.5 hour layover in IAD this week so I thought I would check out the LH/TK lounges in terminal B, and I was wondering the best strategy for getting to/from terminal B. It seems that if I land in/depart from terminal C then the obvious way is to take the Aerotrain to B (I assume this is all airside). However, if I need to get to/from D the answer doesn't seem so obvious, should I use the Aerotrain in C, or the People Mover via terminal A?

Thoughts? thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:23 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by swiftaw
... However, if I need to get to/from D the answer doesn't seem so obvious, should I use the Aerotrain in C, or the People Mover via terminal A?....
Generally I would suggest the mobile lounge / people mover if in the D gate area but check the schedule, there are some slow periods.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:14 am

I have a 2.5 hour layover in IAD this week so I thought I would check out the LH/TK lounges in terminal B, and I was wondering the best strategy for getting to/from terminal B. It seems that if I land in/depart from terminal C then the obvious way is to take the Aerotrain to B (I assume this is all airside). However, if I need to get to/from D the answer doesn't seem so obvious, should I use the Aerotrain in C, or the People Mover via terminal A?

Thoughts? thanks.
If the D<>A buggy is running, then that's probably the quickest, but there is a fair walk from the A dock to the lounges. Otherwise I would suggest the D<>main building buggy, and then connect to the train to B.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
Otherwise I would suggest the D<>main building buggy, and then connect to the train to B.
Would this all be airside?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Would this all be airside?
Yes. A Pro of IAD, I know. Surprising

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.