Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:35 pm

It's basically a $25 "all you can eat", but a pretty good one at that.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:18 pm
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
TK lounge is the best. LH business lounge gets crowded later in the afternoon. LH Sen lounge is great, if you have *G privileges.

I agree with others, TK-LH-UA.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
LH Sen, IMHO, is better than TK. Part of it is that I like to stand while working and the LH Sen has a nice raised platform on the runway side that allows me to stand and work. Plus, the food at LH (again, IMHO) is better than TK.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Artpen100
UA clubs are only worth visiting if you have little time, since they are at the C/D gates, or to pick up a newspaper.
Or if you need the fastest wifi (100+ Mbps down)
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Not sure if it was just an off day for TK, but on my most recent visit to their lounge it seemed like the place has really lowered their standards since opening. Food was lower quality, the condition of their two bathrooms was terrible, and very few staff working (leaving much of the place full of dirty dishes). Still far better than any UA lounge.

Went to LH, and even though it's rather warn down, it did the trick.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:00 pm
Suspended

The TK lounge has by far a nicer bar...fully stocked....the LH Senator choice of booze is limited.....
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
The TK lounge has by far a nicer bar...fully stocked....the LH Senator choice of booze is limited.....
Is Champagne part of the TK lounge bar service?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:32 pm

what's the timetable for the Polaris lounge to open at IAD -- anything more specific than the UAL's website "over the course of the next two years"?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
what's the timetable for the Polaris lounge to open at IAD -- anything more specific than the UAL's website "over the course of the next two years"?
Not that I know. Which is really disappointing. Since IAD has a lot of Intl traffic and their lounges are the worst in the system. Oh well.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:22 am

Which Club to choose in IAD - Polaris Business?

This weekend I'm flyin First/Polaris Business PDX-IAD-AMS. Usually when I travel through IAD I just use the UC but browsing through lounge buddy it appears I have access to the Turkish Airways Lounge and the LH Senator Lounge at no charge? Is that Correct? With a 2 hour 45 min layover which lounge would you choose?

Also, in AMS it appears I would have access to the Aspire lounge, and that appears to be my only option. Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:37 am

I visited the Turkish Lounge recently as a *G and it was very nice but crowded. They were turning away Priorty Pass users on a Saturday afternoon. It’s not a bad train ride over from the United gates.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Actually, I prefer the LH lounges (Senator if you are *G) at IAD to TK. Not as crowded since TK is open to PP and so many other airlines, and I like the food a little better. Also, they have German beer and champagne. No champers at TK, usually. However, there are close to each other, so on a 2:45 layover, you should try both (and not bother with the UA lounges). Keep in mind they are at the A/B terminal, so leave time if you are arriving and departing from C/D on United. Aspire lounges in AMS are decent. I have only used them on departure, though, and they are a 20 minute walk from the UA gates there. Loungebuddy app is very good for getting more information on what you have access to and how they compare.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Just want to second the above. Turkish is great but often crowded, and while they have a great dinner spread, the breakfast spread is very limited. (For a morning arrival, the AF lounge is better.) The LH lounges, which share an entrance, are great.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Just want to second the above. Turkish is great but often crowded, and while they have a great dinner spread, the breakfast spread is very limited. (For a morning arrival, the AF lounge is better.) The LH lounges, which share an entrance, are great.
It's been several months since I was at the TK lounge, but the couple times I was there earlier this year they sort of had two phases to breakfast food. Early AM is basically a continental breakfast, and then around 7:30a or 8:30a they bring out hot foods—like shakshouka, miso soup, etc. Not sure I really figured out the pattern to what the hot foods are, but they arrive later.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I think I've been previously told that the TK lounge is also a Priority Pass Lounge which accounts for the crowds. The last time I was there the line to get in was at least 30 people deep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.