Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
How do the Priority Pass lounges compare?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I didn’t know that about Turkish and the later hot-breakfast spread. I was there around 7:15 or 7:30 a few weeks ago and there wasn’t even a hint that a bigger breakfast spread was on the way.

At IAD, both AF and Turkish are PP lounges. They’re about a 5-minute walk apart. (Turkish is much closer to the non-PP LH lounges.) AF seems bigger and is better if you want to get some work done; Turkish is better if you’re looking for food.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
TK lounge for sure, maybe coupled with a Chipotle, also in the A gates
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:25 pm

Does anyone know the latest time restriction rules on the TK lounge at IAD for PP members? At what times in the afternoon/evening are PP folks not allowed in the lounge? How about for the BA Galleries lounge?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by upgrader
Does anyone know the latest time restriction rules on the TK lounge at IAD for PP members? At what times in the afternoon/evening are PP folks not allowed in the lounge? How about for the BA Galleries lounge?
As of today, there aren't any specific time restrictions on PP member access to the TK lounge. However, they can choose to deny entry at any point. I called PP to confirm this.

When I had PP on the phone, the rep I spoked to pulled up their records of entries for the TK lounge and didn't see any 30 or 45 minute gaps in the afternoons which was a good sign. I checked in a little after 4pm yesterday (Friday), and the place was jam packed. It was difficult to find a place to sit. However, a bunch of people cleared out when they announced a South African flight had started boarding.

Also, the BA lounge is open to PP members 07:00 - 14:00.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
It seems like TK has pretty much thrown the doors open, with the result that there are times there are no seats. Since I am *G, I’ve just been going to the LH lounge.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Is Champagne part of the TK lounge bar service?
I find that the Lufthansa senator lounge normally has a nice champagne on offer (they normally will push a less expensive one unless you ask). TK normally has some sort of sparkler but I've never been that impressed with their offers (The bar in the back it's quite small but they will keep on bringing refills while you're seated in the eating area)
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:33 pm

Food at TK is consistently better, but they do have more people, especially before mid-day NH flights depart.

That said, LH lounge is now also accessible through Loungebuddy (though at $45 those sandwiches aren't very attractive).
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:43 pm

Can I access LH lounge on an United domestic itin as TK *G? Thanks

​​​
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by khkchan

​​​
Yes
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

I find that the Lufthansa senator lounge normally has a nice champagne on offer (they normally will push a less expensive one unless you ask). TK normally has some sort of sparkler but I've never been that impressed with their offers (The bar in the back it's quite small but they will keep on bringing refills while you're seated in the eating area)
I’ve asked but never gotten the First class champagne! The usual is Anna Cordonieu, which is an okay PDB. Most of the time lately, TK has had no sparkling wines. When the did it was some prosecco.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH SEN, DL PM
flying out of A1-A6 TK or LH lounge would make sense. How much time is needed to get from TK or LH lounge to these gates.
Is access granted with *G and Commutair ticket. UA4965
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by 1nsane
flying out of A1-A6 TK or LH lounge would make sense. How much time is needed to get from TK or LH lounge to these gates.
Is access granted with *G and Commutair ticket. UA4965
8-10 minute walk tops, depending on your pace. TK is a tad closer (1-2 mins) because it's closer to the middle of the A/B terminal.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by upgrader
Don't know about the TK lounge, but I entered the AF lounge with Sky Club membership last Thursday about 3 hours before the AF flight and they denied entry for the person behind me who was trying to get in with PP. Lounge wasn't too crowded at that point, but about an hour later people were having problems finding seats.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by khkchan

​​​
A variation on this question - *G, traveling in international short haul P class with an overnight connection at IAD. Can I use my BP for the departing flight the next morning to access the LH lounge on arrival the night before? In some cases the rule is the BP has to be within 24 hours, and that would work. In other cases it has to be same calendar day, which would fail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.