Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Agree with above posters, only problem not mentioned about TK lounge is there is only 1 bathroom for the entire lounge.
Agree. Plus the shower towels are absolutely awful. If you plan on a shower head to LH. Otherwise TK gets my vote on food/ambiance.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I know this is a OT but, I assume the AF lounge is closed to PP holders in the time leading up to the AF departure to CDG, right? Do they let PP holders in if you are actually on that flight (in Y)?

Bringing it back...I have not been to the TK lounge yet, but the LH lounge is definitely miles better than anything from UA in the C/D concourse.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
I have not been to the TK lounge yet, but the LH lounge is definitely miles better than anything from UA in the C/D concourse.
For sure. The IAD UCs are a cruel joke. They're only preferable to the terminal because the terminal is so awful.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
I know this is a OT but, I assume the AF lounge is closed to PP holders in the time leading up to the AF departure to CDG, right? Do they let PP holders in if you are actually on that flight (in Y)?

Bringing it back...I have not been to the TK lounge yet, but the LH lounge is definitely miles better than anything from UA in the C/D concourse.
AF/KLM IAD lounge is closed to PP holders between 2:30pm-10pm (closing time) daily. They keep changing the time restrictions to make it more restrictive every few months (it used to open back up for PP access after 6pm, then 8pm). Even if you're on a AF/KL flight you will not be successful accessing this lounge based on just PP membership.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfo789
Agree. Plus the shower towels are absolutely awful. If you plan on a shower head to LH. Otherwise TK gets my vote on food/ambiance.
I prefer LH over TK for a number of reasons - 1. The PP crowds at TK can be outrageous at times 2. The wifi at TK can be pretty spotty if you are trying to get work done 3. LH wins best showers by far, though they can sometimes be stingy about letting non-star gold's use them.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently in the TK lounge and it is CROWDED. But the food is good. Headed over to the LH lounge shortly to compare the two.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I put LH>TK just due to crowds. Never been able to stay in the TK lounge in the last 4 attempts due to overcrowding. Dreadful. The LH lounge is typically less crowded, and I find the good just as good for my palate.

UC? Well, don't even waste your time. UCs at IAD are god awful.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right now, LH Senator lounge is less chaotic.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
With TK being a priority pass lounge now, it's a bit more crowded. I tend to favor the LH lounge (I'm also a sucker for gummy bears and their old bay french fries) (note: it's been a couple months since I've been in there recently, that's what they usually served)
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I have not seen the sliders in there for some time, too. I liked those.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Quick question

Originally Posted by adg1234
Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere... Have a long layover (4 hours) at Dulles. Flying in Polaris Business and wondering what lounge I should spend my time in. One of the United Clubs or venture to the other concourse. Is the Lufthansa business lounge or Turkish lounge worth a visit?
Hey - you guys are all so knowledgeable, so thought I'd ask a quick Q:
can I access the TK and LH lounges on my United Economy Plus ticket? I am UA Gold flying to LHR. Many thanks, TP
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TP Wildbeast
.... can I access the TK and LH lounges on my United Economy Plus ticket? I am UA Gold flying to LHR. .....
Yes, it is part of your benefit as *G
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
TK mainly for the food and drink, but around in the bar area only. That front room is always jammed IME, with hungry person traffic around the buffet making it a stressful place to be.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7
TK mainly for the food and drink, but around in the bar area only. That front room is always jammed IME, with hungry person traffic around the buffet making it a stressful place to be.
+1 ^
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Sounds like the TK lounge has changed a lot since opening up to PP. Used to be pretty quiet a lot of the time -- there were a bunch of times when I was the only guest in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.